Sign in to follow this  
OMAC

Completing Moral Fiber without using Arty

Has anyone blown the tank and completed mission without calling in the arty?  When arty is used to blow tank, angry comms come from FIA saying basically "To Hell with you, Kerry" for shelling the city.  Is there a downside to this in the story?  I think not, but...

I tried blowing tank using PCML and a charge, but couldn't do it.  Next time I will try again.  But mission is broken now.

I'm not sure if there is a downside but I've never even tried to use artillery support. I always use PCMLs. Tank soaks up a lot of them though. Once I tried using explosive charges (maybe satchel, not sure) but I ended up leveling couple of buildings as well. Not sure on which game version I last played the campaign, I think 1.60 or 1.62.

On a side note, tank is usually pretty aimbotish so it may be difficult to plant explosives. AI in most campaign missions seem to be very precise regardless of difficulty settings. I wonder if they overrode global difficulty settings in campaign missions.

I've always ended up using arty to blow tank.  Last time (1.66 I think), I damaged the tank enough with PCMLs to get crew to disembark, and then planted charge, but still that wasn't enough to kill the tank and get the task to complete.  So I used arty to finish the job, but then got the angry FIA comms, making me wonder if arty shouldn't be used....

Anyway, I'm now playing In Our Time campaign by ted_hou.  Totally awesome so far.  I highly recommend it.

You have an AT guys when you take command and he has a missile launcher, not a PMCL.

use it instead, it will destroy the tank.

However, as I always destroyed the tank without the artillery, I dunno whether it has an impact after or not.

I tried once and the guerilla guy was angry, but that's all.

I don't think there is any consequence as you don't fight with the FIA later, so...

PCML is a missile launcher!  I couldn't get my AT guy to hit the tank, or he got killed...don't remember.  I had a PCML myself at the time. 

Yes, as the FIA isn't much involved after that (they are in Game Over, however, if you choose that story path), shelling Pyrgos probably has no story impact other than the angry comm admonishment.

I was talking about the other AT launcher... can't remember the name.

You just need to order your AT guy to drop it and you pick it up instead.

Yeah, most likely no repercussions for shelling it. At the beginning of the missions I only took few PCMLs so I could run and carryall backpack. Then I resupplied when you get an AT guy. Don't command him to do it, take his missiles and do it yourself. Leave your guys behind. I flanked right and when you get to the end of H-barriers you get a nice shot at the side of the tank.

Thanks for In Our Time link, seems dope from description. Will try it asap.

2 hours ago, Janez said:

Then I resupplied when you get an AT guy. Don't command him to do it, take his missiles and do it yourself. Leave your guys behind. I flanked right and when you get to the end of H-barriers you get a nice shot at the side of the tank.

Yes, that's exactly what I did.  I had PCML going in and got more missiles from my AT guy when needed.  Still it wasn't enough to get the task to complete!  That tank is tough. 

I always flank to the left when leaving cemetery and reach main street down which is clear view of tank.  But I believe there are some obstacles in the street that make aiming at the tank difficult.  When BI fixes the mission, I'll try again. 

But I think your AT guys doesn't have a PCML, he's got the other missile launcher which causes more damages.

You should take that one instead.

Do you mean Titan AT?  Ok, I'll try that.  Thanks.

Three PCML rockets did the job!  Nice not to hear the angry FIA comms from Nikos!

It would have been a good idea to add a mission or a situation in which this choice matters.

Yes, for sure.  Shelling civilian areas in the city and the FIA are mentioned by comms in the mission about 5 times, so the issue was important to the mission maker.  It therefore seems odd that the choice would have no consequence....