Sorry if posting  in the wrong area, move if needed.

I am looking for information on how to get class names of vehicles.

Like if a tank is shot and takes damage, what is the classname of said part. Like left and right tracks, window, cannon etc

for cars/trucks i know it is "HitLF2Wheel","HitLFWheel","HitRFWheel","HitRF2Wheel","HitLMWheel","HitLBWheel","HitRMWheel","HitRBWheel"

but how does 1 find this information?

thanks in advance

thank you for the reply. this is what i was looking for. Im fairly new to the programming aspect of arma3, so still learning.

I see from that link if I use

getAllHitPointsDamage vehicle;

this should create an array.

so if i was to select a particular vehicle, would i need to create an array variable

_myVehicle = ["vehiclename"];
getAllHitPointsDamage vehicle _myVehicle;

33 minutes ago, tinboye said:

thank you for the reply. this is what i was looking for. Im fairly new to the programming aspect of arma3, so still learning.

I see from that link if I use

getAllHitPointsDamage vehicle;

this should create an array.

so if i was to select a particular vehicle, would i need to create an array variable

_myVehicle = ["vehiclename"];
getAllHitPointsDamage vehicle _myVehicle;

getAllHitPointsDamage returns an array, you dont create the array manually. 

hint format["%1",(getAllHitPointsDamage _vehicle)];

That would give you an onscreen representation of what its creating. 

Make sure to store it in a variable so you can reffer back to it later in the script. 

Ex

_myHitpoints = getHitPointsDamage _vehicle;

{  _vehicle setHitpointDamage[_x, 1];   }  forEach _myHitpoints;

ok, i will have to do some research, I was hoping to find a simple script I could just plunk into eden editor, place a unit and tank on the map, play scenario, hit esc, bring up the debug console, put in the script, run local command, and then shoot at the tank and it display what I am shooting at and damaging.

for now I found this https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma:_cfgvehicles_Config

which shows tank hit points.

HitEngine

HitHull

HitLTrack

HitRTrack

3 hours ago, tinboye said:

I was hoping to find a simple script I could just plunk into eden editor, place a unit and tank on the map, play scenario, hit esc, bring up the debug console, put in the script, run local command

and that is exactly what you were given by Midnighters.

1. Name your vehicle something like MyVehicle.

2. Preview mission in editor

3. Bring up debug console

4. Type in

copyToClipboard str getAllHitpointsDamage MyVehicle;

5. Execute

6. Paste the result in your text editor

Is this simple enough for you?

thanks I appreciate the response, i had done a bit more digging and found this as well:

hint str getAllHitPointsDamage cursorTarget;
copyToClipBoard str getAllHitPointsDamage cursorTarget

which returned

[["HitHull","HitFuel","HitEngine","HitLTrack","HitRTrack","","","HitTurret","HitGun","HitTurret","HitGun"],["telo","motor","motor","pas_l","pas_p","light_l","light_r","vez","zbran","vezvelitele","zbranvelitele"],[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]]

I tried your method

placed the vehicle on map, went into attributes for tank

Hwqt8tN.png

added player to map, played as that player,

opened the debug console and ran:

copyToClipboard str getAllHitpointsDamage blarg;

[["HitHull","HitFuel","HitEngine","HitLTrack","HitRTrack","","","HitTurret","HitGun","HitTurret","HitGun"],["telo","motor","motor","pas_l","pas_p","light_l","light_r","vez","zbran","vezvelitele","zbranvelitele"],[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]]

diff ways to do things with same results.

thanks again.

So here are the results i came up with if anyone ever wanted to know.

Spoiler

//tank
[["HitHull","HitFuel","HitEngine","HitLTrack","HitRTrack","","","HitTurret","HitGun","HitTurret","HitGun"],
["telo","motor","motor","pas_l","pas_p","light_l","light_r","vez","zbran","vezvelitele","zbranvelitele"],
[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]]

//apc
[["HitBody","HitEngine","HitFuel","HitHull","HitLFWheel","HitLBWheel","HitLMWheel","HitLF2Wheel","HitRFWheel","HitRBWheel","HitRMWheel","HitRF2Wheel","HitRGlass","HitLGlass","HitGlass1","HitGlass2","HitGlass3","HitGlass4","HitGlass5","HitGlass6","HitGlass7","HitGlass8","","","","","HitTurret","HitGun","HitTurret","HitGun"],
["karoserie","motor","palivo","palivo","wheel_1_1_steering","wheel_1_4_steering","wheel_1_3_steering","wheel_1_2_steering","wheel_2_1_steering","wheel_2_4_steering","wheel_2_3_steering","wheel_2_2_steering","","","","","","","","","","","light_l","light_l","light_r","light_r","vez","zbran","vezvelitele","zbranvelitele"],
[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]]

//boat
[["HitBody","HitEngine","","","HitTurret","HitGun","HitTurret","HitGun"],
["karoserie","engine","p svetlo","p svetlo","otochlaven","otochlaven","otochlaven2","otochlaven2"],
[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]]

//car
[["HitEngine","HitFuel","HitLFWheel","HitLF2Wheel","HitRFWheel","HitRF2Wheel","HitRGlass","HitLGlass","HitGlass1","HitGlass2","HitGlass3","HitGlass4","HitGlass5","HitGlass6","HitBody","HitLBWheel","HitLMWheel","HitRBWheel","HitRMWheel","HitHull","HitGlass7","HitGlass8","",""],
["motor","palivo","wheel_1_1_steering","wheel_1_2_steering","wheel_2_1_steering","wheel_2_2_steering","","","","","","","","","karoserie","","","","","palivo","","","light_l","light_r"],
[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]]

//truck
[["HitFuel","HitEngine","HitBody","HitLFWheel","HitLBWheel","HitLMWheel","HitLF2Wheel","HitRFWheel","HitRBWheel","HitRMWheel","HitRF2Wheel","HitGlass1","HitGlass2","HitGlass3","HitGlass4","HitRGlass","HitLGlass","HitGlass5","HitGlass6","HitHull","HitGlass7","HitGlass8","","","","","HitTurret","HitGun","HitTurret","HitGun"],
["palivo","motor","karoserie","wheel_1_1_steering","wheel_1_4_steering","wheel_1_3_steering","wheel_1_2_steering","wheel_2_1_steering","wheel_2_4_steering","wheel_2_3_steering","wheel_2_2_steering","glass1","glass2","glass3","glass4","","","","","palivo","","","light_l","light_r","light_l","light_r","","","",""],
[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]]

//heli
[["HitHull","HitFuel","HitAvionics","HitEngine1","HitEngine2","HitEngine","HitHRotor","HitVRotor","HitMissiles","HitRGlass","HitLGlass","HitEngine3","HitWinch","HitTransmission","HitGlass1","HitGlass2","HitGlass3","HitGlass4","HitGlass5","HitGlass6","HitLight","HitHydraulics","HitGear","HitHStabilizerL1","HitHStabilizerR1","HitVStabilizer1","HitTail","HitPitotTube","HitStaticPort","HitStarter1","HitStarter2","HitStarter3","","HitTurret","HitGun","HitTurret","HitGun","HitTurret","HitGun"],
["hull_hit","fuel_hit","avionics_hit","engine_1_hit","engine_2_hit","engine_hit","main_rotor_hit","tail_rotor_hit","","","","","slingload0","transmission","","","","","","","","","gear","hstabilizerl1","hstabilizerr1","vstabilizer1","tail boom","pitot tube","static port","starter1","starter2","","light_hitpoint","","","","","",""],
[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]]

//plane
[["HitHull","HitFuel","HitEngine","HitAvionics","",""],
["hull_hit","","","","",""],
[0.0439408,0.0439408,0.0439408,0.0439408,0,0]]

//bike
[["HitRGlass","HitLGlass","HitBody","HitFuel","HitFWheel","HitBWheel","HitEngine"],
["","","karoserie","","wheel_1_damper","wheel_2_damper",""],
[0,0,0,0,0,0,0]]

//sdv
[["HitEngine","HitBody","","","","","","HitTurret","HitGun"],
["engine","karoserie","l svetlo","p svetlo","l svetlo","p svetlo","p svetlo","",""],
[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]]

//drone
[["HitHull","","HitTurret","HitGun"],
["trup","","",""],
[0,0,0,0]]

//turret
[["HitEngine","HitHull","HitTurret","HitGun","HitLTrack","HitRTrack","HitBody","HitGun","HitTurret"],
["","","","","","","","",""],
[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]]