PzBunny

Downloading OFP latest patch?

Hi!

I have OFP GOTY and after getting nostalgic thought to re-install it on my computer after many years of it sitting on a shelf.

The first thing I did of course was to look for the latest patch and I found v1.99 at this link:

I am honestly a bit confused as to which of these should be downloaded, but looking at the posted dates I'm guessing that the last one is what I am looking for.

These downloads seem relevant:

CWA_Patch_1_99A_RC1.exe

CWA_Patch_1_99A_RC1_0.exe

A-CWA_update.22112011-combinedALL.7z

Which one of them is it that I am looking for? None of them? All of them?

Regrettably the links don't appear to work and my google-fu has failed me in providing alternative download locations.

Can anyone help?

Thank you for your time.

You can't update 1.96 to 1.99. 1.99 is a separate installation with the game renamed to ArmA: Cold War Assault and a few small changes and additions. To be able to install CWA you need the Cold War Crisis CD-key. You can have both installed at the same time, running Bulldozer (O2 preview) only works with 1.96 installed, and connecting to servers running one version while you are running another can be a problem.

Hi! Thank you for your reply!

Too bad about an update not being possible. Can CWA run "Red Hammer" & "Resistance"? I'm guessing that CWA has better support for modern hardware & newer versions of windows and that it is therefore preferable over 1.96.

CWA is CWC + Resistance. And no, it does not include anything like that. As I said CWA is just the same game with a different name and a few small changes and additions. Support for modern hardware and newer version of Windows would have been a pretty substantial (costly) thing to do on a game that was at that point 10 years old. Not economically worth it for BIS.

You can add Red Hammer to CWA. Installing it the regular way will probably not work as it looks for OFP's installation folder, not that of CWA. Copy the pbos into the revelant folders by hand (Campaigns and Addons IIRC).

Ok. I'd like to give it a try. Still unsure what I'm supposed to download from that mess of a page though.

5 hours ago, PzBunny said:

Ok. I'd like to give it a try. Still unsure what I'm supposed to download from that mess of a page though.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=10851&newlang=eng

Install the 525MB file.

Patch with the 141MB one.

There has been one update after this, but IIRC it was only released on Steam and messed up the game according to people that tried it.

• Like 1

I am specifically trying to download "CWA_update.22112011-combinedALL.7z" (or equivalent) from somewhere.  Unfortunately, although the link that JdB gave on 26 March still works, but the downloads linked on that page (via ftp) do not.

I have CWA installed from the disc included in the ArmA X Anniversary Edition boxed set.  I also have multiple copies of the original OFP stuff on CDs and disks, but that was only up to v1.96).

On another forum page I found a BI developer link (2012) to:

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/0CEXQB8G/CWA_Patch_1_99A_RC1.exe_links

But only one of the downloads sites linked is online (usenet.nl) and that requires you to sign up with them to be able to download it (assuming that the file is really still on there server anyway!).  Surely, BI themselves could provide a download hosting for the patch somewhere?  (or have I just not found it?)

It is not as if they are going to suffer bandwidth issues with a mass of people downloading it after all these years.

JdB's link was leading to ofpr.info FTP server. Site is still alive, but FTP is not. You can find a backup of that data here (JdB himself is also sharing a torrent of that data).

• Like 1

Hi guys, 

Back to game after a long time out. 😉

I failed founding the 1.99 patch. 

Even checking All links givent in the forum. 

Any idea ? 

Thanks for answers