ZeroPointBlank

FPS Drop when Flaring/Firing Tank Cannon

Hello,

I'm getting an issue that is lowering my FPS. I don't know all the things that can cause it, but I know for sure that it happens why I fire the M2A1 Slammer main cannon, and deploy flares (in any aerial vehicle). My guess is that it has something to do with smoke textures/parabolic path calculation.

I've tried verifying my files, the issue stayed.

Also, 64-bit lags my ArmA like crazy, and I'm forced to play on 32-bit which works just fine, even though my system is 64-bit.

Specs:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M (Slightly crap, and yes its a laptop)

Intel Core i5 6300HQ 2.3 GHz (But overclocked to run 3.2 GHz at all times)

PCI-E Gen.3 SSD (on which I've installed my Arma 3 files, my OS is on my C: drive which is a 500GB HDD)

Anybody know about a fix?

Arma3 is a very CPU dependent game, so that may be 1 problem.

Try setting the particles to low, and your max view distance to about 1800-2000?

Every time when I fired from RHS tanks main guns - I get 1 sec lag-freeze.  Vanilla tanks doesn`t have this problem for me. Maybe it cause by custom big muzzle flash from cannon.

You can try set voice samples to 32

Does it only happen in 1st person but not in 3rd person?

On 3/25/2017 at 2:42 PM, ozzbik said:

Arma3 is a very CPU dependent game, so that may be 1 problem.

Try setting the particles to low, and your max view distance to about 1800-2000?

My particles were already on low, still the same issue. My view distance is 2500, but my objects are only at 1900

On 3/26/2017 at 0:29 AM, sammael said:

Every time when I fired from RHS tanks main guns - I get 1 sec lag-freeze.  Vanilla tanks doesn`t have this problem for me. Maybe it cause by custom big muzzle flash from cannon.

You can try set voice samples to 32

My voice samples are also already at 32, this doesn't fix it for me/

On 3/26/2017 at 0:43 PM, onetwo said:

Does it only happen in 1st person but not in 3rd person?

It happens in both perspectives.

I should probably add that it doesn't stop, until I get out of the vehicle. When I do get out my FPS ramps back up to 40-50 and I play relatively stress-free. But once I get in the same vehicle again, the lag comes back. If I spawn a new one of the same type there is also no lag. I really have no logical explanation for this.

And yes, all my 3-D rendering and GPU drivers are up-to-date. That's not the problem. If it is my system, it'd have to be a very specific detail, given how little people I've met actually experience this type of particle-induced lag.

to avoid freezes and stutter during heavy gunfire set sound preferences: 16bit 44100hz

looks like BI still not fixed this bug (exists since ~jan 2016)... :dozingoff:

I installed DynaSound 2  and it seems to have fixed the problem for me.  This mod changes the sound of almost all default things guns helicopter blades and so on.  This is a temporary solution to those who wish to use it and as I have not tested other mods to sound I do not know if they would work as well but it could be worth a shot.

I had a wierd bug related to this issue, when two sounds were used but this line was in the config somehow:

soundBegin[] = {"begin1",0.33,"begin2",0.33};

So it means that in 33% of cases no sound was played and could be causing that lag on auto fire?