flexgrip

How to get "required addons" to show up in launcher

OK so what I found so far is that the total number of files in your keys folder is a cause for server not showing up correctly. I had many obsolete keys and once I deleted all the ones I don't support on the server anymore - voila! server is up and showing green. Confirmed by re-adding some random keys and it showed up red again. 

It seems there is a limit to how many keys you have in your folder until it becomes an issue with arma launcher :(

pitty, wish I could add many more mods than currently :(

Interesting.  That may well fit with the situation on our server because we tend to keep old keys so that people can still connect.  Something for us to look into. Thanks @bofhgr

On 3.11.2017 at 4:51 AM, bofhgr said:

OK so what I found so far is that the total number of files in your keys folder is a cause for server not showing up correctly. I had many obsolete keys and once I deleted all the ones I don't support on the server anymore - voila! server is up and showing green. Confirmed by re-adding some random keys and it showed up red again. 

It seems there is a limit to how many keys you have in your folder until it becomes an issue with arma launcher :(

pitty, wish I could add many more mods than currently :(

This problem has been frustrating us for months now. In addition we thought the mods would not be loading because an "Earplugs" plugin was the culprit causing nearly all other mods to stop working.

Sometimes 1-2 mods show up when I check the server in the Arma 3 server list. When I check on the launcher it doesn't show any mod at all. We have about 38 mods. (CBA, Ace, Ares, RHS, BWMod, CUP, TFAR are the majority)

The weird thing is that we use Microsoft Azure, too. What are the odds that anyone even uses that here? We have used Hetzner before and the mods were always shown in the launcher for everyone to download comfortably.

We keep the mods in the workshop folders and directly load these instead of moving the folders to the main game directory as that is silly, but that is the way it was working for us for a long time...

So yeah, I've been through the ringer with this one.

It seems to all come down to the server's UDP packet size and the steamquery api. Basically, the more mods you add, the larger the packet. And I've been told there is an upper limit to the packet size.

The only workaround for now, if you want to use the steam workshop and get by this limit seems to be to combine insignificant stuff into one mod. Which is against some service's ToS.

I think I've seen another bug report on this, and it's doubtful it will be fixed any time soon.

Oh and one more thing. Our server is currently able to run 30 separate mods. Now that I have it working, I almost like having that limit, so the modpack doesn't get out of control. It forces me to make decisions about removing and adding stuff.

How do you do that though? You need the meta.cpp files for the launcher to recognize the mods, so you can't simply combine them into one folder can you?

bump!

Any news about this? I've heard some Hosting providers run a feature that installs the mods by just suscribing to them from the workshop and they have no problem running +20 mods. Maybe it's nothing new, I guess you guys know more about this than I do so tell me if it is an option to consider.
Anything else that could help is appreciated :)

The servers are able to run lots of mods just fine. It's a launcher issue, where it doesn't propagate mods reliably to clients if they accumulate to a certain amount. It looks like this:

XWFLJ4h.png

This guy on Discord explains the issue:

1wokKot.png

There is a network restriction in the launcher itself that makes it unable to capture large batches of data (e.g. many mods) from the servers.

• Like 1

bit of a necro post now but...

try this server.cfg - Bohemia Interactive Community (bistudio.com)

steamProtocolMaxDataSize = 1024;

Limit for maximum Steam Query packet length. (since Arma 3 1.99+)
Increasing this value is dangerous as it can cause Arma server to send UDP packets of a size larger than the MTU. This will cause UDP packets to be fragmented which is not supported by some older routers.
But increasing this will fix the modlist length limit in Arma 3 Launcher.