Sign in to follow this  
Aniallator

1-2 FPS since update

Just finished updating A3 and tried to start it up with the mods I normally use. It loaded to the main screen then froze there, and I had to use task manager to close it. Tried starting it again but without mods, and this worked fine until I realized I was getting 11 FPS in the main screen. Loaded up Tanoa and placed a unit, and what do you know, 1-2 FPS. Already tried verifying files, will do a full disk defrag shortly. WTF? Anyone else getting this? I would have thought moving up to 64 bit would increase performance? Completely and utterly unplayable... I mean no shit right.

Are you sure that the game is detecting your graphics card?  I know some other people had problems with the game selecting integrated graphics for whatever reason.  

1 hour ago, Savage_Donkey said:

Are you sure that the game is detecting your graphics card?  I know some other people had problems with the game selecting integrated graphics for whatever reason.  

Just checked, that's not the problem unfortunately, detecting the card just fine.

Have you run it as 32-bit in the mean time? I've had nothing but positives come from running it as 64-bit, but i had a mate say his game became pretty unstable and switching back to 32-bit worked out for him. Not ideal to not be able to use 64-bit but it's kept him going. 

8 hours ago, beno_83au said:

Have you run it as 32-bit in the mean time? I've had nothing but positives come from running it as 64-bit, but i had a mate say his game became pretty unstable and switching back to 32-bit worked out for him. Not ideal to not be able to use 64-bit but it's kept him going. 

Yeah, from the A3 root folder I've been able to open A3 with the arma3.exe instead of the arma3_x64.exe and the game appears to run normally, the only problem is that that means A3 is opened without the launcher, so it's completely vanilla and I can't select any mods. How do I run it in 32-bit from the launcher?

A buddy of mine had hugh FPS and Visual problems when using CPUCount and ExThreads with the 64bit version. Maybe it helps to deactivate these for you?!

4 hours ago, Moon_chilD said:

A buddy of mine had hugh FPS and Visual problems when using CPUCount and ExThreads with the 64bit version. Maybe it helps to deactivate these for you?!

Don't use either of those, so nope :(

Do you have an Nvidia card? If so, have you gone into your Nvidia control panel and set the high performance processor to default for the 64bit ARMA instance? Sorry if that is a stupid question, but that's what I did to fix the 1-2fps issue I had.. 

One of the parameters in the launcher allows you to choose between 32/64 to make it easy. 

8 hours ago, reggaeman007jah said:

Do you have an Nvidia card? If so, have you gone into your Nvidia control panel and set the high performance processor to default for the 64bit ARMA instance? Sorry if that is a stupid question, but that's what I did to fix the 1-2fps issue I had.. 

God, you make me feel like an absolute idiot. I opened the NVIDIA control panel and made sure A3 was using the high-performance processor, and it was. What didn't occur to me is that this was arma3.exe that I was looking at, not arma3_64x.exe. Just checked the control panel, added arma3_64x.exe as a program, and sure enough it's using integrated graphics.

Thank you and everyone else for your help!

/resolved

• Like 2