1 hour ago, Snake Man said:

PMC Ukraine, Donetsk v0.1
PMC Ukraine, Luhansk v0.1
PMC Ukraine, Mariupol v0.1

Can you add Kiev city  map (Ukrain) ?

is it because you don't think it is worthy by mod standards or its not worthy by your standards?

Mod standards (overall community modding standards).

Interesting question. Initially I thought that these are not worthy to release because lack of objects that everybody in bis forum considers these "unfinished" terrains (which they are, heh). I was encouraged by few guys in discord arma chat to release some of my large test terrains and even specifically these real world data ones, so I did.

Actually these were shown publicly first time on PMC Tactical forum and it was about ten days later when I decided to create bis forum topic too.

Basically I was scared about being one more "TEMP WIP ALPHA v0.0000001 !!!" mod release which I think there have been way too many over the 15 years of modding.

I had no idea people would like these terrains so much. I was hoping there would be some people who like large real world data terrains even half as much as me, but I totally underestimated the welcome these terrains got. Seems like people really like flying jet aircrafts over real terrains.

BTW as for the plans, I just posted more details in PMC Tactical forum.

Can you add Kiev city  map (Ukrain) ?

What I understand there has been no fighting so far (lets hope it remains that way), so no, I'm really not interested of doing "tourism" terrains for now. Once these base terrains are done to my satisfaction I might add some more, but as of now, no.

HTTP-Mirror updated + added a "Last update" Section on top of the page.

Thank you Dscha for the seeding and http mirror support, thank you for TeTeT who is also seeding, and thank you for all those nameless seeders in the torrent swarm, much appreciated.

• Like 2

One good thing about a terrain this big is that I'll finally be able to test my SAM behavior in "real world" scenarios :)

• Like 3

Snake, what would you say is the most mountainous terrain?  I am going to start working on some long-range SAM updates :)

Little offtopic, but Hcpookie, do SAM ranges work in Arma now or will we have to wait for the Jets DLC? I think that I read that Jets DLC will introduce better radar systems and stuff, which will revolutionize air combat and stuff, so I don't know if SAM's currently actually do anything or are their ranges the same as for Manpads,etc.

Is it possible to increase map sizes even further using seas(1000x1000), like black and Mediterranean sea. assuming the sea shouldn't use too much memory

1 hour ago, five_seven5-7 said:

Is it possible to increase map sizes even further using seas(1000x1000), like black and Mediterranean sea. assuming the sea shouldn't use too much memory

That´s impossible, sadly. Even at 160x160km you can get "stutters" when playing as infantry. A 1000x1000km terrain would be completely unplayable because at that size you are well beyond the engine limitations.

On 4/15/2017 at 11:57 AM, hcpookie said:

Snake, what would you say is the most mountainous terrain?  I am going to start working on some long-range SAM updates :)

The Asasabad Afghanistan map appears to be quite mountainous.  Not sure if it's the BIGGEST with mountains thought.  The maps range from 81x81 to 143x143. 

On 4/15/2017 at 0:04 PM, jakers12 said:

Little offtopic, but Hcpookie, do SAM ranges work in Arma now or will we have to wait for the Jets DLC? I think that I read that Jets DLC will introduce better radar systems and stuff, which will revolutionize air combat and stuff, so I don't know if SAM's currently actually do anything or are their ranges the same as for Manpads,etc.

You're aware that Pookie made a mod called POOKs SAM pack?
He custom scripted Radars and SAMS's with discovery and engagements ranges out to 40-70 KM for Arma 3 currently.

PS Pookie... someone pointed out that in the BlackWasp MFD there is a selection for HARM.  Postulation is that they might have a couple new weapons they are keeping close to the vest for release...

1 hour ago, lumnuon said:

That´s impossible, sadly. Even at 160x160km you can get "stutters" when playing as infantry. A 1000x1000km terrain would be completely unplayable because at that size you are well beyond the engine limitations.

Check cosmos engine mod, real scale of space

23 minutes ago, five_seven5-7 said:

Check cosmos engine mod, real scale of space

The cosmos engine mod is extremely hacky and can not be compared to a normal, stable and properly working terrain as far as I am aware so my point still stands. 

• Like 1

Six new PMC real world data terrains has been released! Phase 1 is complete!

PMC Afghanistan, Jalalabad v0.2 See redesign details from PMC Tactical forum topic.
PMC Pakistan, Abbottabad 81km v0.1
PMC Balkans, Belgrade v0.1
PMC Balkans, Kosovo v0.1
PMC Balkans, Montenegro v0.1
PMC Balkans, Vojvodina v0.1

First post updated.

• Like 1

Http-Mirror page updated - Wait ~4-8Hrs before attempt to Download the files (Server still loading the Torrent files).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snake Man said:

Phase 1 is complete!

N0 more new terrains?

Thanks Snake!  I'll have to check that one out.  Some of my long-range systems have the legs to cover these large maps.  :)

I am one of those who personally would like to see at least a few areas w/ buildings... nothing large, more along the line of BIS villages on their terrains.  And/or some military/industrial areas like perhaps a fuel storage facility, airbase/helibase, etc.

1 hour ago, hcpookie said:

Thanks Snake!  I'll have to check that one out.  Some of my long-range systems have the legs to cover these large maps.  :)

I am one of those who personally would like to see at least a few areas w/ buildings... nothing large, more along the line of BIS villages on their terrains.  And/or some military/industrial areas like perhaps a fuel storage facility, airbase/helibase, etc.

Pookie,

If you read on their forums they have an outline of what they want to do in each phase.  They will be moving on to adding roads, airbases, buildings, and foliage in successive waves while trying to keep performance up.
So we should be seeing airbases we can use to stage out of at some point.

Update: Looking at the phase design, most likely I combine phase 2 - 4 for the next (first) update.

Snake, what would you say is the most mountainous terrain?

Not sure about the most mountaineous but Afghanistan Ghazni is pretty rugged, I saw few others which were pure hellholes regarding the elevations but can't remember which ones those were.

N0 more new terrains?

Y3s, until phase 2 through 4 is completed. After that I'm going to add at least georgia, korea, europe wolfsburg and somalia el buur which were on the list before "feature freeze". Also I'm looking forward to add couple of african terrains... but we'll see about those when we get phase 4 done.

• Like 2

Hi Snake Man, is there any hope of seeing the "real sea/water" on the Montenegro map?

He's just started these so feature requests are really premature at this point.

However, it was just a question, not a request; i appreciate the work it has done so far.

Hey Snake!  My SAM's work on your terrains

sa20_140kmintercept.jpg   sa20_140kmintercept_Base.jpg

That's an SA20 which has 150km range  :)

• Like 4

Holy Crap Pookie...  I can't wait to see your stuff on these maps.
Just need some airfields and a couple target locations.

All of you who have requested airfields heightmap / elevations to be leveled so you can operate aircrafts out of them, I have good news; so far iraq and all but two terrains from afghanistan have been fixed. See PMC real world data terrain - weekly update for details.

Alright guys I need some testing help. It is very difficult to keep track of areas like airfields which need to be leveled in the heightmaps as they are difficult to spot from terrain builder by looking at the satellite texture. Zoom too far out and you don't make out any details, zoom too close and you have to LMB-drag million times around the terrain and eventually you lose track where did you look previously.

If you have flown around the terrains and had problems with heightmap / elevations being too rough, please list the terrain and location as precisely as possible so it would be easy for me to find and then fix.

I would need these locations for:
Balkans
Libya
Pakistan
Somalia
Syria
Ukraine
Vietnam

is there any hope of seeing the "real sea/water" on the Montenegro map?

If you mean the water that creeps on the land where it should not be, yes I want to fix that. If you mean something else, then please rephrase as I don't understand what real sea you mean.

My SAM's work on your terrains

Excellent, it makes me so happy to see someone finding these terrains useful. Good work on your SAM's I can't wait to check them out myself.

• Like 3