who said you had to place trees for a european terrain? or maybe you could make extrememly low-quality trees with like 4 faces and a flat texture on there, just for the general idea when flying past

this is really nice. enjoyed the bigger terrain in tkoh. Jets dlc certainly needs these huger sizes.

• Like 1

Three new PMC real world data terrains have been released!

PMC Syria, Aleppo v0.1
PMC Syria, Ar Raqqah v0.1
PMC Syria, Damascus v0.1

First post updated.

• Like 4

Would be a great idea to add som distant lights in cities and some low texture buildings and airports. I understand that fully populating the maps is out of the question but some minor effort could actually upgrade all the maps to something great.

• Like 4

I have just tried adding lights to make that distant city effect.

But only 20 (closest) lights are being rendered at the same time. :sad:

I will try to make some compositions for community... any ideas? :)

Best regards DonbassCZ

• Like 5

Compositions for these maps?  Forward Air Base.  Easily the most needed.      Something with a single runway, a couple of shelters/fabric hangars, and modular buildings for Radar/Control.
That will give players the ability to set bases for their players very easily.

After that?   Couple simple villages, that can be copied to make larger areas.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ski2060 said:

Compositions for these maps?  Forward Air Base.  Easily the most needed.      Something with a single runway, a couple of shelters/fabric hangars, and modular buildings for Radar/Control.
That will give players the ability to set bases for their players very easily.

After that?   Couple simple villages, that can be copied to make larger areas.

Ok i will start with airfields they are the most important. Next will be villages...

PS:I will use Xcam objects pack.

Best regards DonbassCZ

• Like 5

Hey man,

will you offer those on steam as well? I'm a lazy ass and like to simplify things.

Cheers!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Redphoenix said:

Hey man,

will you offer those on steam as well? I'm a lazy ass and like to simplify things.

Cheers!

Hi. I dont know. I really dont like steam. But i will think of it.

Best regards DonbassCZ

• Like 1

Hey. I just look at those maps and i think it will be impossible to do airfield because the terrain is very hilly...  :(

It depends on which maps you are looking at.  I just played on Sulamaniyah an Aleppo an both had areas that could easily house small airbases.  I was able to take off from rough ground with both F-16s and F-15s without any problems.

• Like 1

Both Jalalabad and Kabul have airfields (texture) but the ground under them is not perfectly flat.

Also i have an idea about making those distant city lights effect. It seems that airfield lights are being rendered in high numbers.

I cant find those props in Eden editor. Perhaps it could be done easily in x-cam?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ski2060 said:

It depends on which maps you are looking at.  I just played on Sulamaniyah an Aleppo an both had areas that could easily house small airbases.  I was able to take off from rough ground with both F-16s and F-15s without any problems.

I was looking at Jalalabad, Kirkuk and Ghazni...

I will try to make some compositions for community

That would be great, if you send them to me I can then import them into the actual terrain (WRP) for next update.

You can reach me from discord arma server where small files can be easily sent directly.

PS:I will use Xcam objects pack.

Do you mean the compositions need some xcam addon then, or that you are just placing the objects using xcam?

I would recommend only using arma3 default and CUP objects.

will you offer those on steam as well?

Never.

i think it will be impossible to do airfield because the terrain is very hilly.

It is my plan to have terrain elevations (heightmap) smoothed out for airfields and cities in future updates.

• Like 3

Three new PMC real world data terrains have been released!

PMC Syria, Homs v0.1
PMC Somalia, Baidoa v0.1
PMC Somalia, Kismaayo v0.1

First post updated.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Snake Man said:

That would be great, if you send them to me I can then import them into the actual terrain (WRP) for next update.

You can reach me from discord arma server where small files can be easily sent directly.

Do you mean the compositions need some xcam addon then, or that you are just placing the objects using xcam?

I would recommend only using arma3 default, CUP and RSO objects (RSO still under work, contact me on discord for details).

Never.

It is my plan to have terrain elevations (heightmap) smoothed out for airfields and cities in future updates.

Nice to read. :) . About Xcam i was wondering that i will use addons from Xcam because there are both like CUP and all Vanilla. RSO is mainly for making towns. Users were talking about villages so i would use for it those huts from Takistan... 

Best regards DonbassCZ

And i have something anohter with Aleppo. Started doing runway with lights... btw now it looks terrible but i hope it will looks better :)

BCD4F8971923CE170D99522D00F6ACDF246FE91E

E00C7F7AE6D93616AAAFDEA374F6EF83476AE489

Best regards DonbassCZ

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DonbassCZ said:

Nice to read. :) . About Xcam i was wondering that i will use addons from Xcam because there are both like CUP and all Vanilla. RSO is mainly for making towns. Users were talking about villages so i would use for it those huts from Takistan... 

Best regards DonbassCZ

Don't use Xcam, its quite shitty, suggest you use MapBuilder or Eden (3d editor), also because Xcam has all the stupid Xcam object depencies

• Like 1

My experience woth Xcam is only the best. I never have any other dependecies. And i only use included addons. 

Everybody have his own view on Xcam but as i said i dont have any problem with it. 

Best regards DonbassCZ

Vietnam PMC real world data terrains have been released!

Please note that these terrains are currently not Vietnam: The Experience terrains but just a standalone ones.

PMC Vietnam, Da Nang v0.1
PMC Vietnam, Dong Hoi v0.1
PMC Vietnam, Hanoi v0.1
PMC Vietnam, Pleiku v0.1

First post updated.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Foxone said:

Don't use Xcam, its quite shitty, suggest you use MapBuilder or Eden (3d editor), also because Xcam has all the stupid Xcam object depencies

only depends on your libraries...if u only use vanilla objects u don´t need the xcam objects...it´s all up to yourself

and Eden btw is not good in terms of handling if u want to build larger object compositions like all fence or a wall eden is good for mission making but not for terrain population in my opinion

Best Regards

Chaser

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, eh chaser said:

only depends on your libraries...if u only use vanilla objects u don´t need the xcam objects...it´s all up to yourself

and Eden btw is not good in terms of handling if u want to build larger object compositions like all fence or a wall eden is good for mission making but not for terrain population in my opinion

Best Regards

Chaser

My bad then, i have always had the issue of it not working without the xCam objects. And i agree on the Eden thing.

• Like 2

On 29.3.2017 at 10:10 AM, Snake Man said:

I would recommend only using arma3 default, CUP and RSO objects (RSO still under work, contact me on discord for details).

Never.

you could write idown a sort of  "allowed modpack" and then everyone could do maybe some trees or something? and send it to you

but it has to be clear what kind of mod or addon (cup, xcam, A3default,etc) and what version should be used.

just an idea

• Like 1