Most community released terrains are tiny, bis made Stratis is tiny 8km where Altis is decent size 30km, so your Jets DLC options are very limited. There are no "flyboys" terrains as good old Bushlurker (RIP, brother) used to call them. But jet pilots don't need to worry because PMC comes to the rescue!

Jets DLC PMC Real World Data Terrains for ArmA 3.

Real world terrain data is: SRTM heightmap, maps.google.com satellite texture and OpenStreetMap.org roads.

This is realistic 1:1 scale terrains for their real life locations, nothing has been scaled down or faked.

If not stated otherwise all terrains are 143km x 143km in size with 71,680 x 71,680 resolution satellite texture which is 2 meters / pixel. There are no (or very few) objects placed! 2020-11-16 note; there are millions of objects in vegetation depending on specific terrain.

Plan is to develop these terrains further, for example populate them with objects (trees, rocks, town/city buildings etc), but no promises.

Releases (not up to date as of 2022-04-27T08:39:00Z, see PMC Tactical Terrains page for latest updates):

PMC Iraq, Al Kut v0.1
PMC Iraq, Baghdad v0.1
PMC Iraq, Basrah v0.1
PMC Iraq, Erbil v0.1 (erbil currently conflicts with afghanistan ghazni and iraq baghdad, so you need to run them separately. this has been fixed for next update).
PMC Iraq, Hillah (40km x 40km) v0.1
PMC Iraq, Karbala (40km x 40km) v0.1
PMC Iraq, Kirkuk v0.1
PMC Iraq, Mosul (81km x 81km) v0.1
PMC Iraq, Najaf (81km x 81km) v0.1
PMC Iraq, Nasiriyah v0.1
PMC Iraq, Ramadi (40km x 40km) v0.1
PMC Iraq, Rutba v0.1
PMC Iraq, Samawah (81km x 81km) v0.1
PMC Iraq, Sulaymaniyah v0.1
PMC Iraq, Tikrit v0.1
PMC Afghanistan, Ghazni v0.1 (ghazni requires CUP Terrains Core because it uses takistani village buildings and vegetation).
PMC Afghanistan, Jalalabad (81km x 81km, 81920 resolution satellite) v0.2
PMC Afghanistan, Kabul v0.1
PMC Afghanistan, Kandahar v0.1
PMC Afghanistan, Kunduz v0.1
PMC Afghanistan, Lashkar Gah v0.1

PMC Afghanistan, Mazari Sharif v0.1

PMC Syria, Al Hasakhah v0.1

PMC Syria, Al Mayadin v0.1

PMC Syria, Aleppo v0.1
PMC Syria, Ar Raqqah v0.1
PMC Syria, Damascus v0.1

PMC Syria, Homs v0.1
PMC Somalia, Baidoa v0.1
PMC Somalia, Kismaayo v0.1

PMC Vietnam, Da Nang v0.1

PMC Vietnam, Dong Hoi v0.1
PMC Vietnam, Hanoi v0.1
PMC Vietnam, Pleiku v0.1

PMC Vietnam, Saigon v0.1
PMC Libya, Ajdabiya v0.1
PMC Libya, Bani Walid (81km x 81km) v0.1
PMC Libya, Bin Jawad v0.1

PMC Libya, Misrata v0.1
PMC Libya, Msallata v0.1
PMC Libya, Nafusa v0.1
PMC Libya, Ras Ajdir v0.1

PMC Libya, Sabha v0.1

PMC Vietnam, Vinh v0.1
PMC Libya, Sirte v0.1
PMC Libya, Tripoli v0.1
PMC Libya, Wazzin (81km x 81km, 81920 resolution satellite) v0.1

PMC Afghanistan, Asadabad (81km x 81km, 81920 resolution satellite) v0.1
PMC Libya, Benghazi (143,360 x 143,360 resolution satellite) v0.1

PMC Ukraine, Donetsk (81km x 81km, 40960 resolution satellite) v0.1
PMC Ukraine, Luhansk (81km x 81km, 40960 resolution satellite) v0.1
PMC Ukraine, Mariupol (81km x 81km, 40960 resolution satellite) v0.1

PMC Pakistan, Abbottabad (81km x 81km, 40960 resolution satellite) v0.1
PMC Balkans, Belgrade v0.1
PMC Balkans, Kosovo v0.1
PMC Balkans, Montenegro v0.1
PMC Balkans, Vojvodina v0.1

Satellite screenshots see PMC Tactical ArmA 3 Terrain page and download from PMC Tactical ArmA 3 Downloads.

• Like 26

You say that all terrains are 143km x 143km,

Then what that means?- PMC Iraq, Najaf (81km x 81km) ?

Also question about addon size..You say there are no objects on your maps and size of addons are 1-3GB.

Here we have A3 map from sgtsev3n with no objects

204km x 204km and only 100MB 

With the new sensor improvements we can now hope for BVR engagements for AA weapons (and AAA weapons of course!)

• Like 1

Kinda hard to download any of these to test if the Torrent Magnets don't lead anywhere, or there are no backup sources.

I'd like to try one or 2 out in DEV, but your Download page doesn't even have a simple download for your Required Terrain Mod files.

ski2060 you must have utorrent installed on your PC, so when you press on Torrent Magnets it starts downloading.

• Like 1

Any chance someone can mirror the downloads, the Torrent download speed is really slow :\

On 3/24/2017 at 8:38 AM, boss00521 said:

ski2060 you must have utorrent installed on your PC, so when you press on Torrent Magnets it starts downloading.

I have a torrent client on my computer.  It recognizes the Magnet and tries to download.
You have to have someone Seeding the downloads in order to actually get them though.

27 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

I have a torrent client on my computer.  It recognizes the Magnet and tries to download.
You have to have someone Seeding the downloads in order to actually get them though.

yea, im getting 150kb/s so i'm looking at 3hrs+ per download :\ So some seeding would be nice

Wow, these are awesome. I turn up the viewdistance to 40km and it feels like I'm playing DCS. Can't wait for Jets DLC now!

pic1

pic2

I especially like the Afghan Ghazni terrain because the satmap is for the most part uniform without any patchy tiles.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Foxone said:

yea, im getting 150kb/s so i'm looking at 3hrs+ per download :\ So some seeding would be nice

6 hours ago, ski2060 said:

I am currently loading all Torrents to my Server, wich will Seed for everyone.

Status: 50% of all Torrents are currently seeding. Fully availability should be in about 8Hrs (All Torrets)

• Like 3

How about a non-torrent mirror? I like the idea behind those terrains, but I've always had problems with torrents.

Lovely stuff, thanks for the work!

Hf2NTUy.jpg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, dscha said:

I am currently loading all Torrents to my Server, wich will Seed for everyone.

Status: 50% of all Torrents are currently seeding. Fully availability should be in about 8Hrs (All Torrets)

Sweet, thanks mate!!! :wink_o:

• Like 1

This is great stuff, being able to have massive terrains with low CPU/GPU requirements to let you crank it up to 12000/12000. I loved Australia and TOH Asia for jets, this should be pretty sweet! As for object placement, I'd recommend focusing on military installations, airfields, and maybe some light populating in cities. The point of these huge terrains would be moot if cities and towns were done overly much and we get massive problems with performance. We already have Altis, Tanoa, Bornholm, Australia, etc if we want huge combined arms maps

Three new PMC real world data terrains has been released!

PMC Afghanistan, Mazari Sharif v0.1
PMC Syria, Al Hasakhah v0.1
PMC Syria, Al Mayadin v0.1

First post updated.

5 hours ago, Snake Man said:

First post updated.

Is there any chance that you concentrate on a single map and fill it with objects?

• Like 1

Here comes my usual answers-in-batch-mode :)

You say that all terrains are 143km x 143km,

Then what that means?- PMC Iraq, Najaf (81km x 81km) ?

No that's not what I said, if you read carefully you see that I said "If not stated otherwise all terrains are" which in this case means that najaf is 81km terrain.

Also question about addon size..You say there are no objects on your maps and size of addons are 1-3GB.

Here we have A3 map from sgtsev3n with no objects
204km x 204km and only 100MB

That's because PMC real world data terrains have huge satellite texture / mask resolution, its listed in the first post so I wont repeat it here. The terrains in your link have almost non existant satellite resolution in comparison.

the Torrent download speed is really slow

You'll get there, my upload rate is 2mb/s and I believe Dscha is seeding 5mb/s.

You have to have someone Seeding the downloads in order to actually get them though

I and we are. Unfortunately I do see lot of hit & run leechers.

Guys, if you appreciate these free community made terrains, please seed the torrent(s), thank you.

As for object placement, I'd recommend focusing on military installations, airfields, and maybe some light populating in cities.

That is my plan also, populate places that would matter, kind of like strategic areas you mentioned.

Placing vegetation like trees and rocks is quite easy and that its my plan to add it in future versions, cities are of course different beast and I don't even plan on populating them fully.

I have never released poorly optimized addons and I am not about to start now, so don't worry PMC real world data terrains will always have high performance for aircraft scale battles.

Is there any chance that you concentrate on a single map and fill it with objects?

If you mean to halt this project and only do one terrain, then the answer is no, its out of scope of this project. This project is about getting real world data terrains to many conflict areas around the world.

Like I just said above my plan is to add object placement after all base terrains (heightmap, satellite and roads) have been released first.

So there was my batch of answers :)

BTW added note about iraq erbil and afghanistan ghazni to the first post, nothing major but some info before next upgrade.

• Like 3

THey are all too sandy.  Need some mountainous forest :)

You try flying with 40km VD over 143km of mountainous forest. :) Deserts have one thing going for them: they're so empty that you can get workable performance while still having them look decent.

It would be great if you add some airfields on these maps. Really love your work:)

• Like 1

Yes! :icon_dj:

This is exactly what we need.

Pardon my asking, but is there any chance that we may see these terrains on steam workshop officially?

Downloads are slow.

How difficult is it to create terrains for European countries? I would like to create some Greek terrains .