Rebitaay

Hide respawn position marker

Hey all,

Is there a way to hide the marker created by the "Respawn Position" module and "BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition"?

I've searched around a bit and could only find how to hide a normal marker using setMarkerAlpha.

Thanks in advanced.

That's it :

Add this in the init.sqf file.

"respawn_west" setMarkerAlpha 0;

Does addRespawnPosition actually create a marker though? I dont see any way to track the markers created from it if hat is the case. 

5 hours ago, Flash-Ranger said:

Add this in the init.sqf file.

"respawn_west" setMarkerAlpha 0;

That doesn't work, because there is no marker called "respawn_west". As I said in my first post, I'm using the in-game method using modules and BIS_fnc_addRepsawnPosition.

There are also respawns in my mission that are created later in the game from a Mobile-HQ, so init.sqf probably wouldn't work for them.

4 hours ago, Midnighters said:

Does addRespawnPosition actually create a marker though? I dont see any way to track the markers created from it if hat is the case. 

It does, although I don't think it's the same kind of "marker" that you would place in the editor or create with a script. This is how I've coded it:

// To create them...
Respawn_MHQ1 = [west, (_MHQ modelToWorld [0, -7, 0]), "Mobile HQ"] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition;
Respawn_MHQ2 = [west, (_MHQ modelToWorld [0, -7, 0]), "Mobile HQ"] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition;

// To remove them...
Respawn_MHQ1 call BIS_fnc_removeRespawnPosition;
Respawn_MHQ2 call BIS_fnc_removeRespawnPosition;

19 hours ago, rebitaay said:

That doesn't work, because there is no marker called "respawn_west". As I said in my first post, I'm using the in-game method using modules and BIS_fnc_addRepsawnPosition.

There are also respawns in my mission that are created later in the game from a Mobile-HQ, so init.sqf probably wouldn't work for them.

It does, although I don't think it's the same kind of "marker" that you would place in the editor or create with a script. This is how I've coded it:

// To create them...
Respawn_MHQ1 = [west, (_MHQ modelToWorld [0, -7, 0]), "Mobile HQ"] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition;
Respawn_MHQ2 = [west, (_MHQ modelToWorld [0, -7, 0]), "Mobile HQ"] call BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition;

// To remove them...
Respawn_MHQ1 call BIS_fnc_removeRespawnPosition;
Respawn_MHQ2 call BIS_fnc_removeRespawnPosition;

Ohh..i see. Awesome. 

Try combining with this : (it extract from an other script so dont bother about the way it's presented)

_Side_TeamGreen = CreateMarkerLocal ["Side_TeamGreen", [(GetPosATL Centre Select 0)+CambatZone_r*Sin _r,(GetPosATL Centre Select 1)+CambatZone_r*Cos _r]];
"Side_TeamGreen" SetMarkerTypeLocal "mil_box";
"Side_TeamGreen" SetMarkerColorLocal "ColorGreen";
"Side_TeamGreen" SetMarkerSizeLocal [1,1];
"Side_TeamGreen" SetMarkerTextLocal CTF_TeamGreen_Country;

3 hours ago, Flash-Ranger said:

Try combining with this : (it extract from an other script so dont bother about the way it's presented)

_Side_TeamGreen = CreateMarkerLocal ["Side_TeamGreen", [(GetPosATL Centre Select 0)+CambatZone_r*Sin _r,(GetPosATL Centre Select 1)+CambatZone_r*Cos _r]];
"Side_TeamGreen" SetMarkerTypeLocal "mil_box";
"Side_TeamGreen" SetMarkerColorLocal "ColorGreen";
"Side_TeamGreen" SetMarkerSizeLocal [1,1];
"Side_TeamGreen" SetMarkerTextLocal CTF_TeamGreen_Country;

I tried using that method. It didn't work, I'm guessing because "Respawn_MHQ1" returns "[WEST, 1]", not a marker.

Well, I don't think there is actually a way to do this as of yet. Oh well...