just creating a home for these old files of mine i dug up. i thought they might be useful for some terrain makers. it's nothing special.

just

1. a wheat object for wheat fields

2. corn plant

3. some green grass designed for high density placement

4. some random wheats to accompany the green grass

i made these way back in arma 2 so excuse any weird set ups. but since it's not binarized it'll be easy to fix.

i made the corn plant from fotos i took from an actual corn plant lol. makes it hard to let it go to waste. so maybe someone wants to use it on their terrain. i think some people have used my corn plants on some afghan terrains already but i thought having the source could be useful, if edits are needed.

DOWNLOAD---> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Y0VNgK9JXibDk5YnE1S2hiNDQ/view?usp=sharing

pictures

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/88224496138772844/870B919CA78F45289AEAF92CB558CECFB5312520/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/88224496138772381/EAF6A0CED4183648BF4CACA4DA84C1277CF162F6/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/88224496138771924/3871605CF91EEC4CC873C9AAF7DE81E3A22BD43C/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/88224496138771378/D273014F9CDDF9362CF9C54E53823C05D927CCFC/

• Like 12

Thank you for these! They look great, and will also serve as a instruction tool.

thanks BB always great to have new objects, since we get fuck all from BIS

4 hours ago, viper2511 said:

Thank you for these! They look great, and will also serve as a instruction tool.

i wouldn't recommend that entirely. while the meshes inside the lods make sense, i gotta admit that i didn't know how exactly lods work (still don't lol). so don't take these as perfect set ups. not sure what lod gets loaded when so maybe someone has got some insight on how one can control which lod gets used at which distance.

i also applied a generic material from arma 3 to them all. also try other materials and see if they work better. like for example i noticed this material makes stuff too transparent overall from the distance.

and when i briefly took a look i saw some shadow lod stuff in there which i'm not sure would be the best thing. but maybe i had my reasons back then. the files are from 2013 or something after all :don9:

so definately room for improvement. you can rip them apart and rebuild them as you please as long as you give credits. or just use the textures on your own models.

• Like 1

you cant control which LOD gets used at a distance with A3 the engine does it 

7 hours ago, bad benson said:

i wouldn't recommend that entirely. while the meshes inside the lods make sense, i gotta admit that i didn't know how exactly lods work (still don't lol). so don't take these as perfect set ups. not sure what lod gets loaded when so maybe someone has got some insight on how one can control which lod gets used at which distance.

i also applied a generic material from arma 3 to them all. also try other materials and see if they work better. like for example i noticed this material makes stuff too transparent overall from the distance.

and when i briefly took a look i saw some shadow lod stuff in there which i'm not sure would be the best thing. but maybe i had my reasons back then. the files are from 2013 or something after all :don9:

so definately room for improvement. you can rip them apart and rebuild them as you please as long as you give credits. or just use the textures on your own models.

Understood, thank you.

are there plants in the sample models? would be interesting seeing bush vs tree vs clutter etc. the way BIS have set up the infamous bamboo high grass stuff could be a good guide line for the corn plant or even the wheat for example.

4 hours ago, bad benson said:

are there plants in the sample models? would be interesting seeing bush vs tree vs clutter etc. the way BIS have set up the infamous bamboo high grass stuff could be a good guide line for the corn plant or even the wheat for example.

there is only a tree in the samples. no bushes or clutter unfortunatly...

• Like 1

Myself and WA Lancer have updated some of the files to bring them more or less to an ArmA 3 standard. We've also made some changes so that it fits terrain makers needs such as making the corn model larger and adjusting the last lod for performance. Link to my updated source files can be found HERE

Images of the objects.

Update list:

-Added Geometry lod to corn and wheat so it can be ran over. ( I may change the geometry shape in the future)

-Added my own grass model.

-Added a sugar beet model.

-Adjusted the textures on the corn and wheat because of arma 3's lighting.

-Changed Last lod in corn and wheat to optimize for performance.
-Changed corn model so its larger/occupies more space per object. 

-Changed model for wheat.
-Changed FireGeometry lod and ViewGeometry lods on both wheat and corn.
-Redid RVMAT so it plays nice with arma 3 lighting and shadows.

-Updated Named properties in geometries.

This and the full version of hag objects can be found on the steam workshop.

Edited by Haggerty
Grammar
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3