trent

Jets DLC revealed

2 minutes ago, gabravo2005 said:

The new BluFor jet also says USS Freedom above NAVY. Isn't that the name of the futuristic carrier that Saul and John Spartan were working on alongside the F/A-18X Black Wasp I? So could it be that they never released their carrier because they are working on it for BI and this DLC?

very likely. I was waiting for that mod, and now i see why it hasn't come to fruition just yet, almost seeming disappearing from existence.

20 hours ago, Digger James said:

... Or... we could just wait a year or two for TeTeT to finish and we simply use the USS Nimitz LOLOLOLOL :f::don11::drinking:

Not going to happen so soon ;) But the change in the RV engine to give the plane and UAV suspension a chance to work on the Nimitz was very welcome. I hope more carrier focused enhancements will happen in the engine, would allow us to dump a bunch of scripts and go for a more solid experience.

38 minutes ago, WastedMike1 said:

Question 3: We will be able to switch km/h to mph?

But... why? Even the U.S. Military uses km/h...

32 minutes ago, gabravo2005 said:

The new BluFor jet also says USS Freedom above NAVY. Isn't that the name of the futuristic carrier that Saul and John Spartan were working on alongside the F/A-18X Black Wasp I? So could it be that they never released their carrier because they are working on it for BI and this DLC?

This is what everybody seems to think here.

45 minutes ago, gabravo2005 said:

The B2 lookalike drone has USS Freedom on the nosewheel gear door as well as a visible arrestor hook too

21 minutes ago, HitmanTwoActual said:

But... why? Even the U.S. Military uses km/h...

Because I like mph, they don't have to switch it, just a toggle between the two.

• Like 1

The jets are fancy looking and all + I've already preordered the new dlc bundle because I am going to buy all that shit anyway...

... but boy, what a bummer again. 1 showcase mission? Really? So I will play it for a little while and from then on the only time I'll ever see the jets again is if I feel motivated to drop them into the editor and fly around a wee bit... great. Playing my own "missions" (dropping some units into the terrain and toying around) all the time is annoying, because I know exactly what happens, and no, downloading missions from other players on the workshop isn't a solution either, as they simply don't reach the level of quality I'd like to have. It's really, really, really annoying how little singleplayer ArmA3 is offering and I am pretty much getting let down with every single release. First it was the vanilla game release with 10 or what showcases, then the campaign chapters over months, then every following dlc with about 1 to 2 new mission each, the addon with 1 showcase mission and a multiplayer only (or rambo-style) "campaign"... Basically it's always the same. A part of me is thinking "now they got it!" and then it's just once again the same. Eh... guess I should have learned by now.

I'm not saying anything against the weapon, vehicle, feature, etc. content... that's totally cool for me. But singleplayer focus is really lacking since years now.

/rant over.

• Like 5

I noticed the planes have number decals on them. Will these be akin to RHS vehicle decals and be customizable?

Also, if it is a thing, can these be ported to vehicles in general? This would be very welcome addition!

2 hours ago, WastedMike1 said:

Question 1: Will the jets have realistic speeds?

Question 2: Will we be able to see the jets break the sound barrier and hear a sonic boom?

Question 3: We will be able to switch km/h to mph?

That's all possible but again no guarantees. Why would you want to switch to MPH? The metric system is all aircraft use for the most part. It's very simple to learn. 1 km is 1000 meters which is close to three football fields. 1meters is 3.3 feet. Prior service infantry Marine, and I have grown fond of the metric over imperial all together. I think if you tried you would to. Just a thought.

• Like 3

On 3/23/2017 at 5:32 PM, wiki said:

I know BIS did that on purpose to get us hyped and speculating.

But it's a risk: if it doesn't happen, a lot of people are gonna be disappointed.

While your at the animation factory could you please make an "Oww you shot me?! That hurt!" animation?

Promise ill buy your plane thingy :D

• Like 2

On 3/24/2017 at 5:40 PM, lexx said:

The jets are fancy looking and all + I've already preordered the new dlc bundle because I am going to buy all that shit anyway...

... but boy, what a bummer again. 1 showcase mission? Really? So I will play it for a little while and from then on the only time I'll ever see the jets again is if I feel motivated to drop them into the editor and fly around a wee bit... great. Playing my own "missions" (dropping some units into the terrain and toying around) all the time is annoying, because I know exactly what happens, and no, downloading missions from other players on the workshop isn't a solution either, as they simply don't reach the level of quality I'd like to have. It's really, really, really annoying how little singleplayer ArmA3 is offering and I am pretty much getting let down with every single release. First it was the vanilla game release with 10 or what showcases, then the campaign chapters over months, then every following dlc with about 1 to 2 new mission each, the addon with 1 showcase mission and a multiplayer only (or rambo-style) "campaign"... Basically it's always the same. A part of me is thinking "now they got it!" and then it's just once again the same. Eh... guess I should have learned by now.

I'm not saying anything against the weapon, vehicle, feature, etc. content... that's totally cool for me. But singleplayer focus is really lacking since years now.

/rant over.

If it makes you feel any better, you can join my group's fully militarized Exile server when yhe DLC drops. I just put a base the other day to fully support the new Jet DLC.

I wonder if the Philip K Dick novel on Jays desk in the scanning 2017 video is of any relevance

Nice!  Looks like some useful AA on it too.  Now I wonder IF it can move?

7 minutes ago, kremator said:

"The USS Freedom is a nuclear-powered aircraft supercarrier, which serves as a naval main operating base and can carry various aircraft and helicopters on board. In terms of in-game functionality, the ship is a static object that can be positioned across the map via the 3D Scenario Editor, but cannot be 'driven'. The carrier supports catapult take-offs and tailhook landings, and features functional autonomous defensive weapon systems."

On 24/03/2017 at 9:40 PM, lexx said:

/rant over.

Have to agree. Without digging up the whole "God I was disappointed with Apex missions" I do wish we'd get back to the "new faction and vehicles, mini campaign, showcases" model of Arma 2. I know they weren't perfect but I do feel the content is a bit thin. I realise paid DLC also make the constant improvements happen but I just feel more meaty content will hopefully sell more. I'm an Armaholic and proud and will always support BIS whatever but ......;-)

On 3/25/2017 at 7:11 AM, TeTeT said:

Not going to happen so soon ;) But the change in the RV engine to give the plane and UAV suspension a chance to work on the Nimitz was very welcome. I hope more carrier focused enhancements will happen in the engine, would allow us to dump a bunch of scripts and go for a more solid experience.

YA, more "Carrier Focused Enhancements" Is the Operative phrase here bahahaha! this should fast foward your work, TeTeT, by 10x speed!!! 

1 hour ago, kremator said:

I reckon it will be configged as a building

Such a shame that it cannot move.  Perhaps some other DLCs at some point will allow moveable / walkable ships !

I notice it's written that the CVN can be placed using the editor. As placing by script isn't mentioned, are we to assume that can't be done?

4 hours ago, petek said:

Without digging up the whole "God I was disappointed with Apex missions" I do wish we'd get back to the "new faction and vehicles, mini campaign, showcases" model of Arma 2.

It sounds like whatever-Orange-gets-renamed-to will go this route, but then it's very much the outlier.

I hope the USS freedom could be retextured by modders! I could imagine turning that thing into a CSAT carrier... or an AAF one :D

• Like 1

Do we have any confirmation that the carrier has full interior?

There are people on areas than can only be reached if there is interior, but they might just be placed there.

RkE1qSI.png

20 minutes ago, KokaKolaA3 said:

Do we have any confirmation that the carrier has full interior?

There are people on areas than can only be reached if there is interior, but they might just be placed there.

Its a free update, i can't imagine there would a full interior that would take some modelling. 

Will there be Show case missions or campaign type missions? I really enjoyed them. As for Multiplayer addition only, not really looking forward to that. In online games only the hardcore vets mainly use them and just keep farming for hours.