trent

Jets DLC revealed

GreenFor keeps winning with the best equipment.

BlueFor - an F/A-18 made out of F/A-22 furniture

arma3_jetsdlc_screenshot_01.jpg 
arma3_jetsdlc_screenshot_02.jpg 

GreenFor - JAS 39 Gripen
arma3_jetsdlc_screenshot_03.jpg 
arma3_jetsdlc_screenshot_06.jpg 

OpFor - T-50/PAK-FA
arma3_jetsdlc_screenshot_05.jpg 
arma3_jetsdlc_screenshot_04.jpg

Possibly all factions - X-47B Drone

arma3_jetsdlc_screenshot_07.jpg 

As an aside, I'm hoping the mods can clear out the stickied topics for the eventual Jets DLC sticky. Best practice is to have 3-5 stickies AT MOST! Certainly not half the first page.

• Like 3

An another DLC I would buy because I'm a retarded fanboy and not because it contains something worth buying. I really hate to bash BI after that x64 thingy that brought a tremendous improvement to my Arma experience, but when it comes to content, virtually everything but terrains is generic, bland, boring, made up and uninspiring. Granted, the engine features and improvements are great but the content... it was freaking awesome in Arma 2, where and why did everything went so wrong?

PS: Yes, I was bitten by a pack of rabid milsim autists who follow the radio protocol when talking to their moms and daydream about being ambushed in the HMMWVe while commuting to their jobs and I'm not ashamed of that.

• Like 3

Also to add to this, my pops was navy on a ship. Here is a picture of signaling takeoff.

78f2mqX.jpg

And here is Bohemias "Scanning The Horizon: Arma 3 in 2017" Animation creation picture on their video.

zlXzUkV.png

Looks like we are going to get an Aircraft carrier boys!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 1stLt. Black said:

Also to add to this, my pops was navy on a ship. Here is a picture of signaling takeoff.

78f2mqX.jpg

And here is Bohemias "Scanning The Horizon: Arma 3 in 2017" Animation creation picture on their video.

zlXzUkV.png

Looks like we are going to get an Aircraft carrier boys!

I know BIS did that on purpose to get us hyped and speculating.

But it's a risk: if it doesn't happen, a lot of people are gonna be disappointed.

1 minute ago, wiki said:

I know BIS did that on purpose to get us hyped and speculating.

But it's a risk: if it doesn't happen, a lot of people are gonna be disappointed.

Why would they put the Time, Money, and effort in this animation if they were playing a joke?

20 minutes ago, 1stLt. Black said:

Why would they put the Time, Money, and effort in this animation if they were playing a joke?

Simply because a lot of things can happen til then.

Jay says when the animation is shown "...and some free bonus content we don't want to reveal just yet..."

That free bonus content makes me wonder if it's free for people who don't even own the DLC.

55 minutes ago, St. Jimmy said:

Jay says when the animation is shown "...and some free bonus content we don't want to reveal just yet..."

That free bonus content makes me wonder if it's free for people who don't even own the DLC.

If it's free, the answer is yes ;-)

One thing concerning the jets dlc though:

Although some jets like F-15, F-18 or the Rafale did some good CAS work in afghanistan, that was still air to ground support.

I don't get the real interest in CAP mission in ArmA 3 - it looks very limited to me.

The features coming along are nice and interesting though.

Edit

BTW, if it happens to be an aircrafts carrier, I bet the showcase will be:

Take off the aircraft carrier, take out some enemy jets, provide CAS to some friendly units or destroy a convoy/specific target, return to the AC and land on it.

1 minute ago, Nightmare515 said:

bNXdxoQ.png

*Cough.*

What do you mean?

1 minute ago, wiki said:

What do you mean?

I'm guessing we can switch between CM Single and CM Burst once Jets DLC rolls out.

I think that was already possible in ArmA 2.

I didn't understand why it was not possible in ArmA 3.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nightmare515 said:

I'm guessing we can switch between CM Single and CM Burst once Jets DLC rolls out.

I thought that was already in Arma3, just change your keybinds?!

9 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

I thought that was already in Arma3, just change your keybinds?!

Nope. Not in vanilla.

If the Black Wasp II was base on F/A-18 (& F-22 of course) it surely must have an Arresting Hook tucked away in the back AND! Look at the back side of the Plane in Trent's second shot! IT HAS NAVY ON IT!!!! As in Naval Aviators! the chance of a Bohemia made Carrier went up by 20%! Or... we could just wait a year or two for TeTeT to finish and we simply use the USS Nimitz LOLOLOLOL :f::don11::drinking:

1 hour ago, Nightmare515 said:

Nope. Not in vanilla.

Not in A2 bit it was possible with OA/A2 CO

Jet UCAV will need to hold altitude above sea level, not above ground level as current UAVs do.

3 hours ago, wiki said:

One thing concerning the jets dlc though:

Although some jets like F-15, F-18 or the Rafale did some good CAS work in afghanistan, that was still air to ground support.

I don't get the real interest in CAP mission in ArmA 3 - it looks very limited to me.

The DLC contents have tended to be roles that weren't (more) common in the base game -- and in CAP's case never in series history until the Buzzard (AA), whereas the ground attack mission has been accommodated in every game in the series, from A-10s/the A-164 (plus the AV-8B Harrier II and F-35B) throughout to the Su-25 and Su-34.

• Like 1

Wait, there's only one new scenario? That sucks, how can you showcase 4 new units in one mission? Only a handful of modders have the skill to make missions with the right balance of difficulty, presentation, and the like, and they usually focus on infantry.

Fact is you can't match a team of professionals who do this as their full-time job with the backing of a studio.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, trent said:

Wait, there's only one new scenario? That sucks, how can you showcase 4 new units in one mission? Only a handful of modders have the skill to make missions with the right balance of difficulty, presentation, and the like, and they usually focus on infantry.

Fact is you can't match a team of professionals who do this as their full-time job with the backing of a studio.

15 hours ago, wiki said:

if it happens to be an aircrafts carrier, I bet the showcase will be:

Take off the aircraft carrier, take out some enemy jets, provide CAS to some friendly units or destroy a convoy/specific target, return to the AC and land on it.

• Like 1

Also it would be nice if they could build the holding cycle auto pilot like they have in real airplanes for. When it comes down to the mil sim area, it's a pain in the ass to take down a casual 9 line, read your map, make your marks, and keep the plane where you need it.

Question 1: Will the jets have realistic speeds?

Question 2: Will we be able to see the jets break the sound barrier and hear a sonic boom?

Question 3: We will be able to switch km/h to mph?

• Like 1

The new BluFor jet also says USS Freedom above NAVY. Isn't that the name of the futuristic carrier that Saul and John Spartan were working on alongside the F/A-18X Black Wasp I? So could it be that they never released their carrier because they are working on it for BI and this DLC?

• Like 1