Sign in to follow this  
joostsidy

Vehicle cargo loadout characteristics?

So your typical Arma3 tank, apc has some predefined stuff in it for infantry. A couple of rifles, some ammo, smoke grenades etc. You can customize it. What you want in cargo depends on your mission and I realize this is the case

in real life, so there is no ultimate cargo or maybe even typical cargo.

I am still curious though, about what real missions take on in their vehicles. There are probably some guidelines, even if its only the financial cost of extra things you want to take, or the physical capacity or weight and size that play a role.

- For instance, in many Arma missions, there are some spare rifles stowed in vehicles. Is this realistic? Is this standard? are rifles considered cheap or expensive?

- I usually chuck some extra ammo and grenades in the vehicles if the mission allows that. How is that in real missions? Is it normal to have 20 extra mags on a patrol vehicle? or a 100? Are grenades important to have lots of extras?

What kind of formula's are used to calculate vehicle cargo supplies? Who decides?  If you have a squad on a vehicle, would you want to double the load they have on their bodies with the cargo? multiply it by a factor of days on mission and expected ammo use?

Does anyone ever take a bow and arrow on a mission in the cargo? (this is the most important question)

I know that real-life military personnel regularly enlightens the Arma community on issues of realism, so I would be very happy if some could give pointers to take into account for creating Arma missions, or even just an interesting comparison between the game and RL.