HaggisRoll

Help with a Simple Random Spawn Script

HI all.

Wonder if anyone would be as kind enough to help me out with a script for random spawn of ai.

I would like to place 10 markers down on the map. and then when trigger is activated. an ai will spawn and then move to 1 of 10 random waypoints(markers)

I know i need to make another array with the marker positions in it.  But not sure on how to put it all together.

At the moment i have it working using the following, however i want to add random start points.

_mygroup = [getmarkerpos "HVT", EAST, ["O_officer_F"],[],[],[],[],[],180] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;  // HVT is an empty marker called HVT

_wp1 = _mygroup addWaypoint [getmarkerpos "wp1", 0];  // wp1 is an empty marker called wp1

_wp2 = _mygroup addWaypoint [getmarkerpos "wp2", 0];  // wp1 is an empty marker called wp1

I'll use it in a trigger and call it there.

Any help would be greta.

Thanks

A

_spawnposarray = ["spawnpos1","spawnpos2","spawnpos3"]; //array with three marker names
_spawnpos = selectRandom _spawnposarray; //select a random spawnposition

_mygroup = [getmarkerpos _spawnpos, EAST, ["O_officer_F"],[],[],[],[],[],180] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup; //spawn the unit on the random position.

Here's an example.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, L3TUC3 said:

_spawnposarray = ["spawnpos1","spawnpos2","spawnpos3"]; //array with three marker names
_spawnpos = selectRandom _spawnposarray; //select a random spawnposition

_mygroup = [getmarkerpos _spawnpos, EAST, ["O_officer_F"],[],[],[],[],[],180] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup; //spawn the unit on the random position.

Here's an example.

selectRandom works but a lot of times with me I had issues with it. you can use instead BIS_fnc_selectRandom

I don't specify the array and I've never had a problem with selectRandom  when I use it like this:-

_spawnpos = selectRandom ["spawnpos1","spawnpos2","spawnpos3"]; //select a random spawnposition from 3 marker names

1 hour ago, Beerkan said:

I don't specify the array and I've never had a problem with selectRandom  when I use it like this:-

_spawnpos = selectRandom ["spawnpos1","spawnpos2","spawnpos3"]; //select a random spawnposition from 3 marker names

Yeah, that works as well, less typing xD. Simpler form tbh.

Guys. You make it look so simple.  Thanks a million.

Been trying for days before i decied to ask..:dontgetit:

Would love to learn more about arma coding, but find it hard to wrap my head around sometimes.

?  Can i do this with Waypoints also based on markers.   Say once the unit spawns in, send him to a random marker based on an array also.

I've done it...  :don11:

Here it is.   You guys helped with the first part.  Thanks again.

Basicly i can spawn a HVT at any of set locations.   Once the HVT spawns, he'll move to 1 of the 3 waypoints.

_spawnposition = selectRandom ["wp1","wp2","wp3","wp4","wp5","wp6","wp7","wp8","wp9","wp10"];             //select a random spawnposition from 10 marker names

_HVT = [getmarkerpos _spawnposition, EAST, ["O_officer_F"],[],[],[],[],[],180] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;     //spawn the unit on the random position.

_wppostistion = selectRandom ["wp_1","wp_2","wp_3"];                         //    selects a random spawnposition from 3 empty markers named wp_1, wp_2 & wp_3

_waypoint  = _HVT  addWaypoint [getmarkerpos _wppostistion,0];        //  Tells the spawned HVT to add a waypoint at one of the postitions from the _wppostistion array

Can i equip this unit with specific gear and clothing?... i.e laser designator.

Due to the way you have spawned the "O_officer_F " you have set  _HVT as the name of the Group " O_officer_F " is in, therefore instead of doing say this

_HVT linkItem "Laserdesignator";

you might have to do this to add a laser Designator to him.

leader group _HVT linkItem "Laserdesignator";

1 hour ago, Beerkan said:

Due to the way you have spawned the "O_officer_F " you have set  _HVT as the name of the Group " O_officer_F " is in, therefore instead of doing say this

_HVT linkItem "Laserdesignator";

you might have to do this to add a laser Designator to him.

leader group _HVT linkItem "Laserdesignator";

Nice..   Will have a mess with it and see what i can come up with.