Hello, I was wondering if anyone has any idea whether it is only possible and relatively easy to assign a trip-wire to instead of detonating an explosive to spawn a flare either above in the sky, or a flare which ignites upon the ground then launches into the air.

This is what I am refering to:

816fd4000191cde7731bfdb6a1d015b4.jpgtrip_flare_2_jpg_fs.jpg

Any help, advice or guidance is greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

I'm no expert but I think it would be fairly hard to do this with pure scripting (unless there's an event handler for tripwires I don't know about) but it would be pretty easy to do this with a client side mod. Just take the config for the existing tripwire mines and modify them to fire a flare instead of exploding.

• Like 2

Id definitely go the route of modding. if you wanted to script it, you could either use the FiredNear or Explosion event handler I would think, let the trip mine trigger naturally, catch the damage and dont allow it, spawn projectile and launch it skywards. but then you still get the explosion effect and sound, so it would be very clunky. if you dont care if the player sees the actual tripwire model or not, could just use a map trigger and spawn the flare and launch it when they enter the area

• Like 1

Thanks, both of you! I took the modding route as recommended by Ralian and supported by j0nes, works rather well now lads. Thanks for the advice, working on a scripted version at the moment to see whether it is possible. I'm not bothered whether the trip-wirse is noticeable, nor about the explosion. It was more a focus on the damage and preventing that. Again, thankyou.