wolkenbeisser

Floor of buildings - different height since 1.68

Hi everybody

One of my worst nightmares (regarding Arma3) has come true. Some buildings have no longer the same height above ground since 1.68. In many many of my missions i placed object inside buildings (target courses, offices, medical rooms, command posts... you name it). And they were all perfectly set to the correct height. But since 1.68 some of the buildings have different heights and due to that my objects now float in the air.

Example: I put some desks, computers, screens, mices, water bottels, etc. into the airfield tower of Tuvanaka (on Tanoa). To make sure they are absolutely precise on the spot, where I wanted them, I switched off "simulation" of these objects and adjusted their height manually. And they still have that height after 1.68. BUT the tower seems to be 0.5m lower now.... great! Everything is floating in the air now!

If I would have that problem only within one building in one mission, no big deal. But I have more than 50 missions. And in most of them I have several buildings with several objects inside. Work of almost a year.

BIS, are you serious about that? Can I have the old buildings back, please? I'm not willing to spend half a year for correcting my missions.

Anybody else has this problem? Any ideas, solutions?

Thanks very much

P.S: Im almost at the point, where I throw Arma3 out of the window.... :down:

Well I don't have any other suggestions than to just lower them with manual labour.

Also I want to make sure you know that you can select and move multiple objects at the same time, as I'd imagine that setting objects to the right height again takes ~10 seconds / building. But of course if you have something like 20 buildings / mission it might be quite the chore.

I feel your pain.  I fear every new version release will break my scripts.

Is the Height above the floor the same for all objects?  Or is it the same for all buildings.  If the height offset is the same, maybe you can write a repositioning script that searches for objects near buidings and lowers them.  If you have a limited set of affected object types, maybe its doable.  The risk of course is it will affect correctly placed objects and bury them. 

Sounds like a huge bummer.  Sorry dude.

1. Find the house where items do not align

2. Select all items (LMB drag the selection rectangular)
3. Press Alt and pull everything up and down repeatedly, until full satisfaction

4. Profit

for the future consider linking items to the building so that no height change matters