• Updated Weapon Systems

AH-64:

• Sensor Overhaul
  • Updated Weapon Systems

AV-8b:

• Sensor Overhaul
  • Updated Weapon Systems

AW-159:

• Variant Appropriate Sensor Overhaul (Navy version has radar, Army version does not)
  • Updated Weapon Systems

CH-47:

• Sensor Overhaul

CH-53:

• Sensor Overhaul

F-35:

• Sensor Overhaul
  • Updated Weapon Systems

H-6:

• Integrated new CUP models
  • Loadout selection updated according to new model specs
  • Sensor Overhaul
  • Updated Weapon Systems

HC-3:

• Variant Appropriate Sensor Overhaul (Navy version has radar, Army version does not)

Ka-50:

• Sensor Overhaul
  • Updated Weapon Systems

L-39:

• Sensor Overhaul
  • Updated Weapon Systems

MH-60:

• New DAP models fully integrated
  • Added changeable payloads for DAP variants with faction specific loadout choices (Navy variant does not carry rockets)
  • Sensor Overhaul
  • Updated Weapon Systems

Mi-8:

• Sensor Overhaul
  • Updated Weapon Systems

Mi-24:

• Sensor Overhaul
  • Updated Weapon Systems

SA-330:

• Sensor Overhaul

Su-25:

• Sensor Overhaul
  • Updated Weapon Systems

Su-34:

• Sensor Overhaul
  • Updated Weapon Systems

Systems:

• FCS scripts tweaked to cater for new weapon systems

Vanilla:

• Vanilla Jets removed

Weapons:

• New pylon system fully integrated ready for CUP model updates
  • All previous weapons have new sensor systems fitted
  • Expanded AGM-65 and Kh-25 families to include more obscure RL versions

Jets:

All new content combining all vanilla Jets DLC content. Most aircraft have changeable payloads and have the pylon system fully updated

F/A-181:

• Added AIM-7
  • Added GBU-3 series
  • Added Mk80 series
  • Added expanded AGM-65 series
  • Added Improved AGM-88 (passive radar seeker)
  • Added AGM-84 SLAM
  • Added Navy specific CBUs
  • Added AGM-154 series

Shkira:

• Added expanded Kh-25 series
  • Added AWS KAB-500 series

Gryphon:

• Added AWS "European" missile series

A-164:

• Integrated previous payload selections

Yak-131:

• Added expanded Kh-25 series
  • Added AWS KAB-500 series

A-143:

• Added AWS "European" missile series
  • Added PL-20 gun pod

All helicopters also have their payloads made changeable during operations.

• Like 9

I was just about to reply about mod not working lol. Great to see its being kept up! Thank you!

I dont mean to rain on your parade but the sensor overhaul for cup planes and helos has been added a couple weeks back in our dev branch, and a related patch for stable might be coming soon.

Also if you're willing to help out you might consider joining the team, we're always looking for contributors.

edit: ops, thought this was the CUP thread, apologies for the intrusion.

• Like 1

Just tested and WOW. Thank you for your hard work.

jaghitiAs I know you also work on RHS AWS. Better you PM RHS devs.

I really hope that upcoming update will not ruin all your work done

7 hours ago, Chairborne said:

Also if you're willing to help out you might consider joining the team, we're always looking for contributors

I already mentioned it to someone over at CUP (can't remember who) that the CUP team are free to take anything they want for the benefit of CUP. As for joining the CUP team, I'm not sure what help I would actually be.

• Like 1

Bro.....this addon just, in my opinion, accelerated some of the CUP Team's work and may get the people that want instant gratification off of their backs for a little while. I don't know how many times I've seen someone ask when are they going to add "AFM" specifically. 

• Like 1

I love this mod! I wish we could also have this mod for RHS aircraft though... :(

• Like 1

RHS is under construction but got a bit sidelined with the release of the Jets DLC. Now that this mod is up to date with Jets, work has resumed on the RHS version :happy:

• Like 1

Update:

Hotfix to repair some aircraft missing from Zeus

Ok after playing around the mod and update I have some suggestions if you would like to hear them.

Go for it. All feedback is welcome

I just downloaded, but I don't see any pylon loadout options in the editor.  Using the aircraft with the little blue icons next to them.  Am I doing something wrong?

The editor pylon options only exist for the vanilla aircraft at present due to model stuff. The loadouts for the CUP aircraft are covered by loadout modules or actually during a mission. This will be the case until the models are all up to date since the pylon system needs different things from the model than the previous system.

• Like 1

I haven't checked other aircraft, but the option to mount an HTS on the AV-8b is missing, and I'm pretty sure that's crippling the usability of AGM-88 HARMs.
Would also be a nice addition if we could get access to the rocket pods used on the normal CUP AV-8B (mk 82) version.

Question, should the hud have a functioning point of impact indicator or whatever you'd call it for cannons, bombs, etc? I can use the vanilla cross hairs if I'm looking through the sniper xr, but otherwise no dice. Makes trying to shoot other aircraft down with the gau a little challenging.

Thanks!

The ARM scripting does not require the HTS pod. Instead the ARM should now use the passive radar sensor from Jets DLC and lock up that way. If the radar is detected on the RWR you should be able to lock it with the HARM. I've found it works a bit better to lock from the TGP but I have still been killing CSAT AAA out at around 7-8km which is way more than enough to stay clear of them.

On the rockets this is my source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_AV-8B_Harrier_II CRV-7 or APKWS are the only rocket options currently in use by the last operational AV-8s.

The HUD in the AV-8 is straight from CUP, I haven't changed anything in that regard. I did manage a certain level of success porting the new Jets DLC HUD into a CUP aircraft so will slowly be replacing the HUDs with those as I get them working.

• Like 2

Thanks for replying.
I guess I must be using the harm wrong if it's working for you. Wouldn't be the first time I've made a mistake. =P

If it's this you're referring to:

https://puu.sh/wu2Hd/9a0e7b80eb.png

It's using LAU-5003 rocket pods, which are 19-round launchers. Also, four pylons should be made available for their mounting according to that rather than two.

I don't remember whether or not firwill's pack *has* LAU-5003s, but would it be possible to substitute the cup pods? I know Hydras aren't CVRs, but I figure they'd make an okay substitute for now?

Other question, harpoons?

Thanks for your work on this by the way. I wouldn't know butts from elbows if it were me trying to make this.

Some level of success with the HUDs is better than no level of success. Looking forward to it.

Ok, I'll look into the pylons available for the rockets.

The LAU-5003 pods are indeed from CUP so it would be an easy enough fix to switch the pod loaded.

On Harpoons they already exist in AWS but I can't get them to work properly at present. I also intend to fit them to the Wasp once I get them working.

Is your issue with Harpoons that they aren't functioning even on base fir aircraft? Or is the issue with porting?

It's the guidance system. They should in theory be radar guided but the ground target radar guidance is proving to be a pain in the ass.

The radar can detect the ground target easily enough but the missile will not lock.

Does it still retain the firwill functionality of using gps targeting and then having it do terminal guidance onto armored targets?

If that works we know it's not entirely broken.

Firewills AGM-84 SLAM-ER is available on the Wasp but not the AV-8B.

The AV-8 carried the AGM-84 Harpoon in it's ARH anti-ship role. The AGM-84 SLAM-ER is from Firewills F-15E and is the GPS guided land attack missile.

About Harpoon ; Could this thing be put on Naval Lynx helicopter so adding to the players ability to change gameplay and use very limited means to change the outcome in operations in Arm 3?