Sign in to follow this  
phronk

VON Broken 64-bit?

ISSUE: First player who connected can transmit voice and be received, but all other players cannot transmit to anyone.

WHAT I'VE TRIED:
      Server.CFG:

• disableVON = 0;
  • vonCodec = 0 or 1.
  • vonCodecQuality = 1, 8, 9, 15, 21, and 30 on appropriate codecs.

Server.Arma3Profile:

• singleVoice = 0;
  • volumeCD = 100;
  • volumeFX = 100;
  • volumeSpeech = 100;
  • volumeVoN = 100;
  • maxSamplesPlayed = 96;
  • vonRecThreshold = 1.0;
  • vonID= 1;

Me and the other people I've been trying to communicate with in-game using VON have also both verified our game cache after the update.  There are no scripts and zero mods being used that could effect the VON channels or anything like that.

• Like 1

Issue resolved.

Reinstalled my server and it works again.  The only thing different from what I was doing was that vonCodec was NOT defined in the server.cfg and other server hosts I've talked to where VON works stated that they do not define that.  So, apparently defining vonCodec in the server.cfg breaks the in-game VON, which is weird because that wasn't an issue prior to x64.  Setting a low quality (10 or lower) also breaks it.

@phronk is the issue only happening with 64-bit dedicated server or also 32-bit ?

64-bit.  Also, the issue is still present apparently.  Just tried playing on my server with two others (one of them can never talk/be heard in VON on my server but works fine in the exact same mission version on another server) and neither of them could be heard when talking, but both could hear me.  Issue is no longer efficiently resolved.  :(