rekkless

Eden Editor Drop Down Menus Not Working (with video)

So since 1.68 I'm having this significant issue with the Editor when none of my drop down menus work. It is a problem in both 32bit and 64bit.

It doesn't seem to matter if I'm running mods or not all drop down menus simply won't work.

• Like 2

It is a confirmed problem since 1.64 and BI is aware of it. I saw a notice about it in the feedback tracker for bugs and it apparently has someone assigned to it. It is suggested that you go there (https://feedback.bistudio.com/) to post your bug report so that it gains some more traction and gets repaired.

Cheers I found a work around was changing the menu size from very small to small. I suggest if it is happening to anyone else change their menu size to one higher or smaller.

Some users also reported that moving the popup about also fixes the issue. 

Something that just worked for me, and I have my stuff set to "very small":

Lowered my resolution from 2560x1440 (16:9) down to 1920x1080 (16:9) and it resolved the issue, the important part of which is that when I went back to my original, native resolution, it remained fixed. 

Try changing to a lower or different 16:9 resolution and see if it jogs the bug loose.  Then go back to your desired resolution.

I hope that helps someone! 

-Doc

Just drag the window to a different spot, and it should work.

Fixes it 100% of the time for me.

Good tip.  Fortunately my thing seems to have resolved the issue altogether for me.  Knock on wood.

On 20/03/2017 at 7:31 PM, loopdk said:

Shift menu to wery small,  works for me

Thanks man, fixed this annoyance.

• Like 1

Change interface size to normal under video\display option, It will force you to restart the game but it works 100%

The very best solution is for BIS to fix the damn bug already.  They claimed it was going to be fixed any moment almost two months ago.  It used to work, they broke it, workarounds are not solutions ... fixes are.   

But that's just my opinion as a former software test engineer.

EDIT: That's just me ranting about the bug.  You are correct, Rotahoe; using any interface size other than "very small" will work.  The issue is that they all used to work, BIS claimed to have identified the problem and fixed it, and was just waiting to hear back from QA.  Like I said, that was around 2 freaking months ago.  Grrr.

• Like 1