ussrlongbow

[WIP] Stalker Life Mod - online exploration/survival RPG

Greeting, dear Community!

Today I would like to make an introduction to the project, I am participating as server-side programmer. Stalker Life Mod.

What is this?

The project goal is to produce a total conversion for Arma 3, bringing the Stalker fiction universe to Armaverse. Project is NOT about recreation of a famous video game title.

The very first idea is exploration of a dangerous and beautiful industrial environment.
Then - survival, a challenging task, since you will need to care about your body's temperature, hunger, dehydration, deseases, equipment, charge in your devices' batteries.
And the last major foundation is adventure, every step on the zone of estrangement brings a chance to face a deadly creature, find yourself in an anomaly, or get a valuable artefact in your hands, which would make you wealthy, if you reach the trader...

So again:
Survival
Exploration
Adventures
The SEA of emotions.

Everything will count.
Forgot to charge your PDA? hope you at least taken the paper map
Forgot the spare filter for your gas mask? sleep well
No NVG? flashlight is seen from a great distance

You will be welcome to the atmosphere of horror and despair

So in "two words": Stalker Life Mod is a hardcore online RPG gamemode with horror elements.

Main features

• The vast 50 x 50 km terrain based on real geodata
  • The real buildings that were present in the area
  • ALL buildings are enterable. Yes, ALL, every floor, every room. Buildings are based on real photos or construction plans we were able to find.
  • A massive dungeon system under the main industrial objects
  • Multi-server setup, if we grow to multiple servers, they will be sharing the same database backend and SOME objects will be synchronized across all servers. Say when you create a cache in a secret place somewhere on the map - it will be synced to ALL servers, and someone may find it and loot.
  • PDA. One of the key game elements, if you manage to get your PDA - it will be a great companion in your travels. PDA would allow to store notes, map markers, but if you lose it - you lose all data in it. And if someone finds it - he will get access to your markers and notes.
  • Dynamic quest system (inspired by Skyrim's Radiant)

Where we now? Finished:

• 550+ models of buildings and props
  • Session manager (for multiple server setup, prohibits a single player to login to more than one server at the same time)
  • Equipment database storage
  • In-game bug-report system
  • Multiple internal tools to automate routine tasks and improve the development/deployment process
  • Radioactivity system
  • Headless client support

In work right now:

• Finishing models we yet have to create more than 400 of them
  • Cross-server object synchronization framework

Roadmap

• Finish models
  • Texture models (right now they are greyboxes)
  • Implement various immersion systems
  • Dynamic trade system
  • Weapon customization (something beyond swapping scope, bipods and sidemount)

Team

2 developers

6 3D-artists

1 screenwriter

The team can be reached at https://vk.com/stalkerlifea3

SHOWCASES! (VIDEO)

Anomalies

Spoiler

Props

Spoiler

Artefacts

Spoiler

Buildings (long and boring)

Spoiler

Earliest terrain build (over one year old)

Spoiler

Spoiler

I would be glad to receive a reasonable critic and answer your question. Thanks for your attention!

Edited by ussrlongbow
added new video
  • Like 14

Effects and models look great! I would love to play this mod, but I know nobody from outside of Russia will run this mod on their servers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ltf said:

Effects and models look great! I would love to play this mod, but I know nobody from outside of Russia will run this mod on their servers

That would be our problem ;)

• Like 1

Our artists have revealed the interior of some buildings, after fixing shadows. In combination with Arma 3 Enhanced Movements addon looks very impressive!

• Like 8

Dobro maybe I will give you some models for your team to use, will you release the mod on Armaholic or moddb? would be great to also have just the terrain itself as a standalone mod. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, veles-zv said:

Dobro maybe I will give you some models for your team to use, will you release the mod on Armaholic or moddb? would be great to also have just the terrain itself as a standalone mod. 

We can discuss it, since we are careful on using someones work, that one of the reason of slowness, what you have seen on video - is a result of 1 year work of the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, veles-zv said:

regarding the release: we will release map, structures and weaponry as separate mods, sites like Armaholic or ModDB are welcomed, not sure about Steam Workshop - TBD.

• Like 2

The Chernobyl Nuclear Station finally faced the hands of 3d-artists

Nuclear station assets preview

Spoiler

THNm4gCpoZg.jpg

c5Jcq6y7Hwk.jpg

gcMu-mx-WnE.jpg

nZlrGLUPlOc.jpg

4qT1rzy_H0A.jpg

ltSHzUciEgU.jpg

7GCjjf0q83Y.jpg

And how it looks IRL

Spoiler

u1I40vZb2Ng.jpg

MfDom1L2ELM.jpg

w-4CBGYM1x4.jpg

• Like 7

Teasing some industrial assets, the giant crane, climbable:

Spoiler

w9ypA1_P2yA.jpg

JJgvqQUZDI8.jpg

• Like 5

Teasing the giant crane and cooling tower again, now in-game :)

Spoiler

• Like 4

It is the VICTORY! The BIGGEST AND MOST OPTIMIZED MAP IN ARMA 3 is submitted to your attention! 51,2*51,2 km are 2621 sq.km. Feature of the map is the unique landscape the copy of the original area, also optimization has allowed to expose grass range on 400 m!!!......... this event means that our project has the ideal territory for creation of the unique world of the Exclusion zone https://youtu.be/lzEwpi55E0c

• Like 1

by the way, on the map of 5,86 million trees and bushes + 60 thousand wrecks vehicles will also be still added the building - it is about 2 thousand models..........and all this doesn't lower fps, average 45-50

• Like 3

our team very much needs animation of mutants, we will be glad to any help in this direction. without mutants our world will be the next empty piece of the map, as well as a lot of things in Arma.............skilled masters, respond (all skulputra of mutants are ready, they should be recovered and entered into a game)

• Like 1

perhaps someone knows what parameter is responsible for a water environment sound. noise of a wave doesn't suit us, it would be desirable to replace it with other sound?

Maybe this post could help with that. 

• Like 1

Work on creation of static models - buildings of the cities of Chernobyl and Pripyat, the CNPP and the confidential city of Chernobyl 2, Doug's ZGRLS and Volkhov, the Jupiter plant and the railway Yanov station, and also other settlements is complete, including also villages, wrecks, bridges, towers,high towers, the power line - everything that has to be in the Exclusion zone - only 921 models! all these models completely technically working, have all lods. about 650 models still need to be put textures.

development details in community in albums

• Like 2