Sign in to follow this  
supergruntsb78

The faillure called.... update 1.68

i had the game running pretty stable (FINALY) until i recieved the update 1.68  nothing changed in my set up before or after the update but yet i now have problems i did not have before the update

difference per version 

1.66                                  1.68

settings :                              the same,

mods :                                  the same, 

preferences :                        the same,

map loaded :                        the same, 

play time:           12 Hours +                    +/- 1.5 hours

total difference :  +/- 10,5 hours worth of hassle free playing !!!!!

as of the update i can rouglhy play for 1,5 hours trouble free in EDEN (no actual playing occurs) then it starts to:  DROP FPS, it stops rendering normaly, rotating the camera becomes a problem because it responds extremely slow, terrain details start to dissapear (trees etc.) can't use the Arsenal because the models dont get loaded propperly anymore. 

a restart of Arma 3 fixes it for the next 1.5 hours !! 

before i have had days / nights  of logging 12 hours + in to the editor... 

ps... i have not even touched the x64 version yet .....

28 minutes ago, supergruntsb78 said:

as of the update i can rouglhy play for 1,5 hours trouble free in EDEN (no actual playing occurs) then it starts to:  DROP FPS, it stops rendering normaly, rotating the camera becomes a problem because it responds extremely slow, terrain details start to dissapear (trees etc.) can't use the Arsenal because the models dont get loaded propperly anymore. 

ps... i have not even touched the x64 version yet .....

That's the 3FPS bug. It's the very reason they released x64, because the 32 bit client was hitting the memory ceiling. Switching to 64bit will resolve your issue.

• Like 1

i was thiking of doing just that @pvt. partz but offcourse its a real shame having to be forced to do that because devs can not update their game succesfully 

thanks for the info @afevis,  i had heard of the 3 FPS bug but thought it to be a problem in game (playing) itself and not the editor, i will try the x64 for a while to see if it helps  althou i cant use two maps i like playing around in a lot latelty (MOG(2) and NAM2) 

I don't think you should complain. You can always revert to the older version but for 90% of ppl around here 64-bit and 3fps bug fix is a blessing.

When I was testing the 64 bit on dev build, I wasn't overly impressed, I actually LOST around 10% FPS, however, I have to be honest, in stable 1.68 I see to have gained 20%, so far the majority of issues apart from the LOD popping seems to be better to a degree.

• Like 1

For me playing around with the starparameters fixed the issue in 1.66. Now the 64bit runs smoother on my system in terms of loading. So not the FPS got improved, but the transition between LODs (Level of detail) is faster, small FPS drops are gone etc.

I don't know how often you tested, but the 3 FPS bug was (or is in 32bit?) random.

Please test again in 64bit, because that is what's interesting (/relevant)