scrable

Huge FPS drops due to sounderrors 64bit

15 hours ago, incraven said:

Tested the Jets DLC dev branch, and the sound bug is still there.

Someone suggested in the Ticket its working for him with the dev build.

I still experience massive FPS drops with the 64x Executeable and Dev.Buiild 1.69.141279, just not inside planes, but tanks, cars, houses, heicopters.... 

Jesus, when is Bohemia going to fix this? This is getting quite annoying. Actually thought after the pause I had they would have finally fixed it, but nope. Problem still exists, game is still unplayable.

• Like 1

On 19.3.2017 at 7:36 AM, scrable said:

Seems like it is an issue for logitech headsets.

I have the G930 and experience serious problems. My Sound Samples seem to have no effect(standard on 128) and my sound playback device is set to 16bit 44100Hz

Same as my team mate, he updated the logitech software and switched headset to be controled via windows.

One of it worked.

42 minutes ago, Muecke said:

Same as my team mate, he updated the logitech software and switched headset to be controled via windows.

One of it worked.

Did that just now and it does not fix it. You are sure your friend didn't accidently disable 7.1 Sound with his tinkering?

As a bad temp fix you Logitch users out there who are unable to swicht from 7.1 surround to 5.1 try VoiceMeeter  as an intermidiate between WIndows and your Headset. There you can set 5.1 surround wich does not cause the shutter for me. Sadly you loose 2 Speakers that way.

2 hours ago, onetwo said:

Did that just now and it does not fix it. You are sure your friend didn't accidently disable 7.1 Sound with his tinkering?

As a bad temp fix you Logitch users out there who are unable to swicht from 7.1 surround to 5.1 try VoiceMeeter  as an intermidiate between WIndows and your Headset. There you can set 5.1 surround wich does not cause the shutter for me. Sadly you loose 2 Speakers that way.

He deinstalled the Logitech driver and switched to regular windows driver.

51 minutes ago, dwarden said:

not yet, we still tracking it, (still suspect is some issue vs drivers / OS settings)

Sadly no fix in RC 1.70

For some of you, audios issues (but not FPS drops) may stem from a speaker configuration problem in Windows.

Logitech "Surround Sound" USB headphones and headsets are stereo devices and should be configured as such in Windows. This tells Windows to output 2 channel audio to your device from applications such as games etc. I have seen many people configure them as 5.1 or 7.1 surround speakers and this is wrong as this tells windows to output 5.1 or 7.1 sound to a device or device software that emulates surround sound from a stereo source, such as ARMA 3, prior to sending them to your headphone / headset speakers. This will obviously cause issues.

Furthermore, users of surround headsets that use emulation (most surround headsets with few exceptions), you should be setting your speaker configuration in games to stereo as well, and not any type of surround. Surround speaker output options in games are for true surround speaker setups. Just because a headset emulates 5.1 or 7.1 DTS or DOLBY surround, does not mean that's what you set your game audio output to. Doing so will cause problems. Keep in mind this is just a tip and is not related to ARMA 3 since it has no such output options.

For USB headsets your on-board sound / discrete sound card settings do not matter (Creative Soundblaster; Asus XONAR; RealtekHD; Cirrus Logic; etc.). On-board sound / discrete sound card configuration only matters for analog 3.5mm devices plugged in to them. In the case of USB headsets, configuration tasks are performed in the software for your headset. In the case of Logitech USB headsets this is the Logitech Gaming Software.

To correctly configure your speaker settings for your Logitech USB "Surround" headset:

1. Right-Click on the Windows Volume in your system tray. (Not the Realtek icon or Creative icon or anything else)
  2. Select Playback Devices
  3. Right-Click on your USB headset and select Configure Speakers
  4. Select Stereo on the "Choose your Configuration" window and click next.
  5. Make sure all options on the "Select full-range speakers" windows are not checked and click next.
  6. Click Finished.

Now you can configure your output via the Logitech Gaming Software to your preferences and should not experience any issues. For those of you that are still experiencing an issue there is a separate problem and has nothing to do with your Logitech USB headphone / headset configuration and may indeed.

• Like 2

That does not work for me since Logitech does not give me a Stereo option.

Strange. I am running stable branch with 64-bit setting and using Logitech 633 USB Headset and have not run into this issue, However, just to confirm "onetwo's" statement above, the only option in the W7 settings for these "Speakers" is 7.1.

i54670K 3.40GHz

GTX1080

16mb RAM

Windows 10

Sennheiser 3D G4ME1

A similar issue for me, but sounds worse than already reported, I am running 64 bit and consistently get 2-3FPS from the off on any MP mission. My clan recently switched to 64 bit and everyone else (that's 40-50pax on a gaming night) is seeing improved FPS - WTF is going on?

I had the same issue last week running my old GTX780 - dropping the sharp end of £500 on a new card only to find the FPS still knackered is pretty frustrating!

Same here with Mad Catz Freq TE 7.1 headphones

I had to create an account to reply to this thread and clarify things. Number one. it's not your audio hardware, or even your hardware for that matter it is the game. In x64 bit mode that game has memory leak issues and those issues get worse in certain circumstances. To prove this, open task manager on the second monitor and watch the memory usage.  Play the game as you normally would, go into a building or a car in first person view and watch your ram usage slowly go up and up until the game peaks and crashes. So my guess is to limit the games amount of ram and vram it can access. 

• Like 1

im using gamecom 780 7.1 headphones and still have this problem in 64bit with the latest arma 3 jets update

I'm using a g633 Logitech headset and can confirm I have the same problem it only happens if I am in first person in a helicopter though it doesn't happen in planes or in vehicles other than helicopters in first and not in third person.  I have also done some testing and when I unplug my headset the game works fine I have no FPS drops though I do not know if the audio troubles still persist as I have no audio device plugged in.  The Logitech gaming software was still running at that time as well and the game audio was outputting to the audio jack in the back of my PC though I didn't have anything plugged into it. This is of course not a permanent solution but I hope that it gives the devs something to work with when trying to find the issue.

I installed DynaSound 2  and it seems to have fixed the problem for me.  This mod changes the sound of almost all default things guns helicopter blades and so on.  This is a temporary solution to those who wish to use it and as I have not tested other mods to sound I do not know if they would work as well but it could be worth a shot.

So I just tried 64bit with just CBA and Dynasound2 and still had the same issues when in a vehicle in first person, oh well, was hoping that would have worked. Very surprised to see this is still a problem after the 1.7 release.

Have the same problem and i'm losing so much fps when playing 32bit :/ Any fix yet ? 

play with 32bit and get the 3 fps bug and just lower fps overall

play with 64bit get 1 fps driving vehicles

nice

BANDAID FIX

So I'm using an Logitech G35 and an AMD Radeon 7800. Running windows 7 on the 64 bit executable. 

Ran into this problem after downloading the Logitech software that enables the 7.1 surround sound. Was running the headset without and decided to take the time to install. The problem was same for me: stutter and frame drop inside buildings and vehicles/planes/helicopters while in first person. 

Perused these forums for a fix and it seems there is none. BUT, I did find a bandaid: I uninstalled the Logitech software and re-ran the headset through windows. No longer surround sound but I am no longer receiving a frame drop or stutter audio. Try it and see if it works. 

So I predict at some point in the next year BI will cease the 32 bit support and this issue will still not be resolved? Good thing I bought all them new DLC's really glad. -.-