Sign in to follow this  
Tonci87

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Oh my....

And then this:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/03/14/mass-effect-andromeda-review-opening-hours/

Seems like we have another underwhelming Bioware game ahead of us.....

A shame, I really enjoyed the mass effect series (up until the ending of 3), but this just looks shit.

I also enjoyed Dragon Age...well the first one, since everything after was shit as well....

It really looks as if Bioware has forgotten how to make good RPGs...

This is just sad really....

Thankfully there is still Obsidian, CDPR and others.

• Like 2

Mack was wrong, even GameSpot gave it 6/10.

How was he wrong then? He said its shit :D

It is receiving pretty negative reviews from all sides......

• Like 1

As per his usual self, he referred to other gaming sites like IGN and GameSpot expecting them to give it 10/10 and the like as they usually do for everything made by EA, Activision, Ubisoft and whatnot even if it is shit. Well, this is apparently so bad that even GameSpot gave it 6/10, which by their standards is like 4/10. You always have to subtract 2 points to get somewhat realistic mark. :)

6 hours ago, Janez said:

As per his usual self, he referred to other gaming sites like IGN and GameSpot expecting them to give it 10/10 and the like as they usually do for everything made by EA, Activision, Ubisoft and whatnot even if it is shit. Well, this is apparently so bad that even GameSpot gave it 6/10, which by their standards is like 4/10. You always have to subtract 2 points to get somewhat realistic mark. :)

Oh, now I understand, :D

Eurogamer called it Biowares worst game so far. Considering how awful Dragon Age 2 was, this is really saying something.....

• Like 1

I have to say though, I was a bit surprised Andromeda turned out this bad. I was expecting them to build upon Inquisition, which I rather liked, despite mediocre UI (for console port), some initial problems with controls and rather bland combat with certain classes/perks. The most frustrating thing for me was actually the fact that gathering all gear and materials was totally based on RNG. It is a waste of time in Single-Player oriented action RPG. WTF am I grinding for in a SP game.

Andromeda appears to be released way to early. They could probably use like another six months to make the game, let alone polish it. So after everything that is happening, seeing videos like this seems... well.

A friend of mine which is a Mass Effect fan told me he was going have an early access 'party' this past weekend.... so yesterday i asked him (after reading some reviews) how it turned out..... he was excited and said it was a fantastic game!

6 hours ago, jw custom said:

A friend of mine which is a Mass Effect fan told me he was going have an early access 'party' this past weekend.... so yesterday i asked him (after reading some reviews) how it turned out..... he was excited and said it was a fantastic game!

And that is what you call a fanboy, or somebody with very low standards.... He will figure it out eventually.

• Like 2

I think some players with this and other games will do the best they can to like it and milk all they can from the good bits, but alas after a certain amount of time will see it for what it is, an underwhelming addition to the franchise. Which is a shame as I enjoyed the first trilogy and recently pre Andromeda went back and replayed it.  

17 hours ago, Tonci87 said:

And that is what you call a fanboy, or somebody with very low standards.... He will figure it out eventually.

Well we are not talking about a 14yo kid but a grown up man... so i doubt it's gonna change, but who knows.

He doesn't have to be marked as fanboi in usual sense. It's a brand new game that he was likely anticipating for a long time and he is excited about it. We've all been there but after a week or so, when excitement cools off, some of the shortcomings might grow frustrating. Despite all the flaws the game has, I'm sure it still has a lot to offer. Although ME 1-3 were not some weekend flicks but games that people spent hundreds of hours on, exploring every little nook and cranny. I can't see my self spending any serious amount of time on Andromeda as is right now. Maybe after they patch it up. If they patch it up that is. They obviously wont do a facial animations overhaul but they could improve UI and whatnot.

1 hour ago, Janez said:

He doesn't have to be marked as fanboi in usual sense. It's a brand new game that he was likely anticipating for a long time and he is excited about it. We've all been there but after a week or so, when excitement cools off, some of the shortcomings might grow frustrating. Despite all the flaws the game has, I'm sure it still has a lot to offer. Although ME 1-3 were not some weekend flicks but games that people spent hundreds of hours on, exploring every little nook and cranny. I can't see my self spending any serious amount of time on Andromeda as is right now. Maybe after they patch it up. If they patch it up that is. They obviously wont do a facial animations overhaul but they could improve UI and whatnot.

They will never be able to fix all the important issues. They would have to rewrite much of the dialogue, make new voice recordings, etc.

I don´t see them doing that...

I´m sure they will attempt to fix the technical issues, but they are not really what makes this game so mediocre...

1 hour ago, Tonci87 said:

They will never be able to fix all the important issues. They would have to rewrite much of the dialogue, make new voice recordings, etc.

I don´t see them doing that...

I´m sure they will attempt to fix the technical issues, but they are not really what makes this game so mediocre...

Of course it will never be on par with ME 1-3 in regard to what you said, further more that really makes ME games but surely there is still plenty of good elements to be found that still a bunch of people can enjoy, I imagine. At least jw custom's friend. :)

If they fix what is fixable withing the scope of patches then it still might be worth picking up later down the line, especially when the price drops. Free DLC wouldn't go amiss either, we'll see how much it sold.

Oh btw, apparently it also has MP and some kind of Coop horde mode, both people seem to find good which I don't care for at all.