Tiberius_161

Script release: ACE Medical Practice Patient (will be removed)

--- PROJECT IS CANCELLED ---

Hi all,

I created a script as part of a training mission. The script will spawn a civilian unit with randomized ACE wounds. 

The script will add an addaction to a predefined object, that allows the player to spawn in a practise patient. 

The patient will despawn when he is killed or when the "End practise case" Addaction on the patient is used. 

You can spawn multiple patients at once. It is tested on a dedicated server.

Content: 

The download contains:

1. A script folder with 3 scripts.
  2. Initserver.sqf file, where you can set up the addactions and add class names for patient types. 

Usage:

1. In the editor, set up an object that will get the Addactions. Name this object;
  2. In the editor, set up a spawn point for the patient (No markers). This can be a gamelogic or an object. Name the spawn point. 
  3. Copy the content of the download into your own mission file. 
  4. Set up the addaction in the initserver.sqf file (examples are given). 
  5. Set up a seperate addaction for each variation that you want.
  6. Add class names in the array to vary between patient types (side is always set as civilian, no matter the class name);
  7. Preview and save lives!  

You can set up different types of injuries:

1. Cardiac Arrest;
  2. randomWound;
  3. explosionWound;
  4. gunshotWound;
  5. impactWound;
  6. stabWound;
  7. the actual amount of wounds and affected bodyparts are randomized;
  8. Be aware: if you put the downloaded folder into another subfolder, update the addaction and paths in the scripts within the scripts folder also.

for instance: [OBJECT,["ADDACTION DESCRIPTION", "YOUR FOLDER\Tib_PractisePatient\Tib_Medical.sqf", [SPAWNPOS, "WOUND TYPE"]]] remoteExec ["addaction", 0]; 

the addaction:

[OBJECT,["ADDACTION DESCRIPTION", "Tib_PractisePatient\Tib_Medical.sqf", [SPAWNPOS, "WOUND TYPE"]]] remoteExec ["addaction", 0];

Example: 

[practiseBoard,["Spawn Practise Patient - random", "Tib_PractisePatient\Tib_Medical.sqf", [practiseSpawnPos, "randomWound"]]] remoteExec ["addaction", 0];

Download links removed:

Unfortunately there are problems with the script that I cannot solve. This topic will be deleted in time. 

Apologies if you have invested time in the script for insufficient results. 

Version 3: http://www.mediafire.com/file/n0mmnqhxmo1u2cf/PractisePatient_ACE_V22112020.Stratis.zip/file

Required mods:

CBA_A3;

ACE_A3;

You are free to (ab)use this as long as you give credits. I hope it has some use for people!

Changelog:

V4 - 06012020

- Patient class names are now randomized (request from YouTube comments);

- initServer.sqf changed: Array added for patient class names;

- Tib_Medical.sqf changed: Spawning the patient now selects a random class name from Array.

V3 - 23112020

- Added Cardiac Arrest function.

V2 - 26032020

- Rewrote after ACE medical update;

- Different method to trigger script;

- Added despawn action to patients;

- Wounds are now based on source of energy rather than totally random.

V1

Initial upload.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@Tiberius_161 This is absolutely fantastic! We were using another style script for spawning patients up until an update several weeks ago which broke it. Nice to see another system out there that can now spawn patients.  One quick issue that I have noticed thus far. When spawning the Cardiac Arrest patient (mode 3), the patient spawns dead and disappears just as you reach them to open the medical menu. 

Hi Creech,

Thnx for your response and I'm glad you like the script!

As for the issue with dead cardiac arrest patients, what ACE medical module setting do you use? 

Hi ! Thank you for this script :)

Little question, how i make an addaction for replace trigger ?

AA+

• Like 1

Hi Tiberius

What do you make of this?

• Like 1

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 3:41 AM, lisitius said:

Hi ! Thank you for this script :)

Little question, how i make an addaction for replace trigger ?

AA+

Sorry for the late response. It is posdible to activate the script via an add-action, also on dedicated server.

The way that works best for me is to combine the Addaction with an trigger. The trigger would have a boolean variable that you set to true with the addaction.

Other methods gave me locality issues I could not fix. 

I will reupload the mission with an example if you need more help. 

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 8:30 AM, anfo said:

Hi Tiberius

What do you make of this?

Thanks for the video and the good explanation for the issue. I will definetly look into this and I hope to come up with a solution on a short notice :).

To make clear: the failing cardiac arrest patient who dies on the spot is related to modules. And the minor injured person seems to spawn consistently.

The severely injured person does not spawn right.

Thnx for the feedback! 

43 minutes ago, Tiberius_161 said:

To make clear: the failing cardiac arrest patient who dies on the spot is related to modules. And the minor injured person seems to spawn consistently.

The severely injured person does not spawn right.

Correct

13 hours ago, anfo said:

Correct

Although I have not done a dedi test with more players, I think the issue is that with the severe patient I refer to 'player' as his spawn position. 

If you assign the same spawn position as the minor patient it will work. 

I will upload a new template soon were I use addaction as the default method for spawning instead of the radiocalls. Alsop, patients spawn at an object instead of the player and they all have an action assigned to them to remove them (So no longer need to get a certain distance away). 

6 hours ago, Tiberius_161 said:

I use addaction as the default method for spawning instead of the radiocalls

We still had a very informative advanced medical instruction last night, and the script as it is was most helpful. :grinning:

• Like 1

On 20/04/2017 at 9:26 AM, Tiberius_161 said:

Sorry for the late response. It is posdible to activate the script via an add-action, also on dedicated server.

The way that works best for me is to combine the Addaction with an trigger. The trigger would have a boolean variable that you set to true with the addaction.

Other methods gave me locality issues I could not fix. 

I will reupload the mission with an example if you need more help. 

Hi ! Thank you for the answer ! If you could upload it again with an example of addaction will help me a lot. :)

• Like 1

Due to being on vacation I react so late ;). I'll upload the newer version tonight as I have to test it on a dedicated server with some mates first :)

Thnx for your interest in the script.

On 2017-5-17 at 4:39 AM, lisitius said:

Hi ! Thank you for the answer ! If you could upload it again with an example of addaction will help me a lot. :)

Hi dude,

I'm having difficulties getting it to work, so it will take longer. Apologies ;)

Thanks for this. I've used a bit of your script to make a bunch of AI wounded that my team have to deal with and then evac. Appreciate that this isn't the direction you were going, but do you by any chance know how to create patients that you can't wholly revive, but that you just have to stabilise? I don't want to have to deal with a bunch of AI suddenly running about, I just want my players to have to stabilise and move the living into a Medivac.

On 2017-6-11 at 1:00 PM, charliereddog said:

Thanks for this. I've used a bit of your script to make a bunch of AI wounded that my team have to deal with and then evac. Appreciate that this isn't the direction you were going, but do you by any chance know how to create patients that you can't wholly revive, but that you just have to stabilise? I don't want to have to deal with a bunch of AI suddenly running about, I just want my players to have to stabilise and move the living into a Medivac.

Glad you like the script :)

I do have a solution, but its not a pretty one... set them as captives. 

[UNITNAME, true] call ACE_captives_fnc_setHandcuffed;

The benefit of that is that you will always have control over them. For instance, if you load a patient in a chopper as a patient and he wakes up.. you cannot unload them. If you load them in as a captive, you will always be able to unload them. 

advertisement: You can could also check out this mission, revolves around evacuating patients back to base. 

• Like 1

Hi, 

Was there any progress made on making this work with an addAction? 

I have run into the same issues that you described above, and I cant figure out how to make it work! (Mind you, I'm still very new to scripting.) 

Thanks for the script! 

When I host the server with this script in a mission on my computer it works fine. As soon as I put it onto a dedicated server it completely stops working. I don't know why. Do you have any idea on how I could go about fixing this problem?

we use it on oure mp server with out errors

On 5-4-2018 at 5:19 AM, Rober Demircioglu said:

When I host the server with this script in a mission on my computer it works fine. As soon as I put it onto a dedicated server it completely stops working. I don't know why. Do you have any idea on how I could go about fixing this problem?

Hi Rober, 

Apologies for the late reply. 

Do you still have the same issue and are you still interested in the script?

If so I need more information on the problem. How did you set it up? 

Hey mate,

First of all, despite the fact that I don't use your script (I did make one myself for our unit to use), I do appreciate the fact that you share your work with the community.👍

As I said I do use a similar script of my own and works quite well (at least for the purpose we use it). The one thing I have an issue with is that I intend to use it in a persistent mission. That shouldn't be a problem itself, but as we use ACE's advanced medical system we want to be able to practice with it. Now, if I enable advanced medical for AI to be able to spawn units with advanced medical wounds (bleeding, advanced wounds, dynamic vitals, etc.) all AI on the map will have to use advanced. As you may know, AI cannot "handle" advanced medical and thus all AI on the map will be unable to heal themselves. This is definitely something we (as well as the AI) don't want to see.

I've been trying to think of (or find) a solution to this problem. I thought that the most straight-forward would be to enable advanced medical only to those units but I don't think this is possible (haven't found anything online). I apologize for asking in this post (I understand that this is not the topic here), but if you could provide any insight or ideas they would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance and once again, thanks for sharing your work with us all.

Best,

Achilles.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 8:31 AM, ZaellixA said:

Hey mate,

First of all, despite the fact that I don't use your script (I did make one myself for our unit to use), I do appreciate the fact that you share your work with the community.👍

As I said I do use a similar script of my own and works quite well (at least for the purpose we use it). The one thing I have an issue with is that I intend to use it in a persistent mission. That shouldn't be a problem itself, but as we use ACE's advanced medical system we want to be able to practice with it. Now, if I enable advanced medical for AI to be able to spawn units with advanced medical wounds (bleeding, advanced wounds, dynamic vitals, etc.) all AI on the map will have to use advanced. As you may know, AI cannot "handle" advanced medical and thus all AI on the map will be unable to heal themselves. This is definitely something we (as well as the AI) don't want to see.

I've been trying to think of (or find) a solution to this problem. I thought that the most straight-forward would be to enable advanced medical only to those units but I don't think this is possible (haven't found anything online). I apologize for asking in this post (I understand that this is not the topic here), but if you could provide any insight or ideas they would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance and once again, thanks for sharing your work with us all.

Best,

Achilles.

Well, after some effort I did (probably the smartest thing I have done during the process of finding a solution to my problem :D) contact the ACE 3 developers. They replied and according to this there's no way to activate advanced medical for just some specific units (at least for the time being) and there's no workaround.

So, I'll look for another solution or just leave it as it is.

Hope this will save some time for some people in the future.

Thanks to you all, take care, have fun and ArmA a lot :).

Best,

Achilles.

5 hours ago, ZaellixA said:

Well, after some effort I did (probably the smartest thing I have done during the process of finding a solution to my problem :D) contact the ACE 3 developers. They replied and according to this there's no way to activate advanced medical for just some specific units (at least for the time being) and there's no workaround.

So, I'll look for another solution or just leave it as it is.

Hope this will save some time for some people in the future.

Thanks to you all, take care, have fun and ArmA a lot :).

Best,

Achilles.

Hi Achilles,

Thnx for the notification! 

Cheers

Tiberius

• Like 1