Savage_Donkey

Bushlurker's Carraigdubh Terrain

On 18/03/2017 at 9:56 PM, ineptaphid said:

Why not the Irish Armed Forces? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25078

And not to be too pedantic...but 3CB is not really a good fit, considering there has not been British troops in my country since the war of independence 100 years ago...I suppose you could say the map is over the border in Northern Ireland for your scenarios

Pretty much all the scenarios I've ever seen for this map have been based in NI (Except one which was based around an invasion of the Republic by the UK)

Project OPFOR have an NI pack with IRA/UVF which would go well with the older stuff in 3CB for this

P.s Slightly off topic but is the IDF mod still supported?

On 3/18/2017 at 9:56 PM, ineptaphid said:

Why not the Irish Armed Forces? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25078

And not to be too pedantic...but 3CB is not really a good fit, considering there has not been British troops in my country since the war of independence 100 years ago...I suppose you could say the map is over the border in Northern Ireland for your scenarios :)

@Savage_Donkey: Thanks for releasing this. To any people wondering about permissions etc, Bushlurker had stated that nanyone who wished to patch and share this map was free to do so whenever they liked.

Yes, definitely, it looks like many of the small Rural villages around South Armagh, and Fermanagh 

• Like 2

Jeza's video is great, of all the times I've been in that part of the world, grey and wet was the norm!!!

In saying that I'm currently in Scotland on some business, and the weather has been sublime over the weekend.

On 18/03/2017 at 0:22 AM, Savage_Donkey said:

Yeah, that's one of the issues I don't think I can fix without the source files.  Originally, Bushlurker had 2 pond objects, snappond25 and snappond50 located on the map.  However, they caused tons of visual errors like textures disappearing and other weird artifacts.  I deleted those objects to prevent those glitches from happening, but the map will still try to load them.  I'm considering replacing them with a small object.

Replace them with empty.p3d files and name accordingly.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cyruz said:

Replace them with empty.p3d files and name accordingly.

Actually, that's a pretty good idea; I'll check it out and see if I can't upload an updated version tomorrow.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Savage_Donkey said:

UPDATE: v1.1

-replaced pond objects with empty p3d files (thanks to cyruz for suggestion)

[...]

How difficult would it be to make an addon that does the same for CUP terrains?

I studied their configs once and tried to remove those ponds (since the visual glitches can be really annoying on some maps), without luck sadly... :/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, haleks said:

How difficult would it be to make an addon that does the same for CUP terrains?

I studied their configs once and tried to remove those ponds (since the visual glitches can be really annoying on some maps), without luck sadly... :/

Honestly I'm not sure.  In this case, I copied over the p3d files in the default location, but that probably won't work for a patch without modifying the pbos.  Maybe modify the config to search for the .p3d file in another location, then place your empty p3d there?

Hi Mate, that dropbox link is dead - any chance of a Google drive link instead - much more bandwidth :-)

On 3/27/2017 at 3:11 AM, TheLimbo365 said:

Pretty much all the scenarios I've ever seen for this map have been based in NI (Except one which was based around an invasion of the Republic by the UK)

Project OPFOR have an NI pack with IRA/UVF which would go well with the older stuff in 3CB for this

P.s Slightly off topic but is the IDF mod still supported?

No both if I had more time I probably would go over it just for this terrain alone. 

@Savage_Donkey Love this map but started crashing all the time is it possible to update

We loved this map on A2 tried the ported version on our Dedicated server but as piptpipt says it keeps crashing players. Also when trying to make missions in the editor for it you get a lot of things not working. Sadly the original map maker is no longer with us.

• Like 2

Hi, i have noticed that this map crashes alot and the message is "status_access_violation".  do you know what that might mean?

5 hours ago, Stoagie Steve said:

Getting Status Access violations very time i try to play the map, can you guys fix this please?

5 hours ago, Stoagie Steve said:

IS ANYBODY THERE????????????

You might want to give them more than one minute to complete the task you have set before them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Harzach said:

You might want to give them more than one minute to complete the task you have set before them.

It's been 3 years since anyone of the dev's have responded. There is no hope.

24 minutes ago, Stoagie Steve said:

It's been 3 years since anyone of the dev's have responded. There is no hope.

The original creator passed away in the first week of 2017. Savage_Donkey ported it over to A3 a couple of months later. He was online here earlier today. If he's interested in updating this terrain, he will. If not, then that's his prerogative. That said, the license leaves it open for anyone to take up the mantle. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Stoagie Steve said:

Getting Status Access violations very time i try to play the map, can you guys fix this please?

I haven't touched Arma modding in years so I have no intentions of updating the map and unfortunately don't know what would be causing the status access violation. Like Harzach said, the license leaves it open for whoever wants to take a look at it. IIRC, the only changes I made from the files in the original armaholic download were some config edits and replacing the pond objects with empty p3ds.