Sign in to follow this  
HeroesandvillainsOS

Scuba Showcase: Is it possible to stealth it?

I decided to go through some of the showcases to test 64-bit yesterday, and I'm a bit perplexed on the scuba showcase. 

After I disarm the 3 mines, and approach the compound with the vehicle that has the AA gun, after about 20 tries, I cannot figure out how to get to the vehicle or through the camp without triggering the alarm. And note, I play on Regular with dropped enemy skill and accuracy.

Although in a perfect world I'd love to complete this without using the mortar strike to create a distraction, even doing this, the enemies are pretty much constantly aware of where I am, and still, this sets of the alarm.

What I'd like to do is get this AA gun, without triggering the alarm at all. Is this possible? I'm out of ideas.

I would say that going stealth isn't necessary and/or intended.  If it is possible, it would be very difficult and time consuming indeed.  I say call in the mortars and go in guns blazing!  There are only a few guys in the AA squad to take out, anyway.  I just played it again on Veteran and it went very well, all tasks complete.

aad841538891923.jpg

One thing:

when I sabotage the boat, sometimes there are divers who jump in the water, somestimes not.

14 hours ago, OMAC said:

I would say that going stealth isn't necessary and/or intended.  If it is possible, it would be very difficult and time consuming indeed.  I say call in the mortars and go in guns blazing!  There are only a few guys in the AA squad to take out, anyway.  I just played it again on Veteran and it went very well, all tasks complete.

Yeah I should have been clearer. This is a relatively easy mission. I know I can kill the 6 dudes and go guns blazing and whatnot. But the setup to this, the way the patrol routes are, and the way the cover is designed, it seems to me the mission is at the very least designed to be finished without setting the alarm off.

I hopped on YouTube and although I saw attempts to get through it without setting the alarm off, no one succeeded.

I'm basically wondering if it's possible to stealth it. Has anyone cleared the mission without setting the alarm off, at least up until the point where you fire the AA?

I would be surprised if the mission was designed with stealth in mind for the land-based part (securing the AA launcher).  The alarm is on a hair trigger.  But there could be a way....

1 hour ago, wiki said:

One thing:

when I sabotage the boat, sometimes there are divers who jump in the water, somestimes not.

Yep.  I assumed that they would jump into water and come after you only if you had been detected.

If you doubt the design for stealth, why the silenced pistol? I know BI designed the mission and not you, so treat that as rhetorical, but man the whole set up just screams "be sneaky." But I really do think it's not possible at this stage.

If anyone ever does it or knows of a video where someone did, I'd love to hear about it/see it. It's a pretty neat mission setup.

It is nigh impossible. My closest attempt consisted of crawling and avoiding the 1-man patrol on the north side of the camp and zigzagging for the launchers.

• Like 1