Sign in to follow this  
TFM Acer

64 bit FPS

So I downloaded Arma 3 latest update ( with 64 bit version). Wow my FPS is gonna be slightly better now? No? I run arma 32 bit on 40 fps. When I start it up with 64 bit my fps is 10. MY system is 64 bit I have i7 4720 and 8gb of ram. Can anyone tell me if there is anything wrong with my pc or?

3 hours ago, Opt.Acer said:

So I downloaded Arma 3 latest update ( with 64 bit version). Wow my FPS is gonna be slightly better now? No? I run arma 32 bit on 40 fps. When I start it up with 64 bit my fps is 10. MY system is 64 bit I have i7 4720 and 8gb of ram. Can anyone tell me if there is anything wrong with my pc or?

Are you running A3 on a laptop?

If so, it seems like your laptop is running A3 using the integrated graphics (Intel HD Graphics 4600) instead of your discrete graphics card (GeForce ???/Radeon ???).

To tell your laptop to run A3 using your dGPU (not your iGPU), try right-clicking the shortcut to A3 and see if you don't get some option to "Run this application with ???"

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-components/how-set-default-graphics-card-3612668/

• Like 1

Hi! After upgrading 1.68 (transition to 64 bit), I felt better performance! It's much better than it was!  

Probably you have a problem with a personal system or PC/

I am having the same problem here. Earlier this week before the update I was running Mid-High settings at around 30fps, and now at Very-Low I can only go above 15 if I use a lower screen resolution and every single option at minimum/disabled.

Reminds me of the old Windows Updates that actually killed the systems...

I am 64-bit and laptop as well, and my Nvidia Control Panel was told to run the game with the Nvidia card.

Edited by dani_00
  • Like 1

Opt.Acer, check this solution. The update included a new executable, which by default is using the integrated card. Worked for me.

Thanks to everyone for help, I did it. Arma 64bit was using the integrated card. Both solutions work from dani_00 and Domokun so if anyone has same problem check those out!