kremator

Ground clutter popping (now that we have 64bit) - a focus please?

It's a shame the only temp fix is removing the models completely 

17 hours ago, haleks said:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124606

Still no one assigned to it :(

I feel that pain too bro'  ^^

14 hours ago, BroBeans. said:

It's a shame the only temp fix is removing the models completely 

Agreed, but at least with Arma we have that option, just imagine not being able to do jack-shit about it......:hang:

......and to be honest with the weedkiller mod, Altis looks much better for it, kinda makes me realize how overused some of those clutter models were in the first place.

The latest version of Weedkiller actually added back an unused clutter model,(one that doesn't suffer any LOD problems).....and after further research on the upcoming Malden terrain, there looks to be a few new clutter and plant models, so hopefully if these don't have any "issues", i can add them to the Altis and Stratis terrains too. 

• Like 2

@Evil Organ : your mod does help a lot (I couldn't even play without it), but modding has its limits. Right now there's no way we could fix the pop-in issue for all (modded) terrains, wether they rely on CUP or vanilla assets, pretty much every map is suffering from this, to some extent.

An in-engine solution is very much needed; I really hope BIS reacts on this. Something went wrong during the introduction of Tanoa and the LoD blending tech, I don't remember vegetation to be that painfull to watch before that.

• Like 2

The talented guys that make their own terrains should shout about this more, given that it takes months, years even to make a stunning terrain only to have it spoiled by this broken LoD tech.

I guess beyond creating a ticket there's not much more to do.....:down:

• Like 1

So ground clutter is major fubar in Arma 3 with no real indication that the BI are interested in fixing it........well going by the latest update to DayZ SA, which has made significant improvements to ground clutter and forests, the Enfusion Engine certainly looks to have solved the problem of the hideous "pop-in" that the RV4 Engine suffers from.....

OMG...I have no words!!!!

It look so incredible. Amazing. 

Surely it deal with the 2nd point on my list.

Maybe the 3rd too.  

How can I play Arma now.

Damn!!!

I know this thread is old but...

I was also having the LOD popping issue with grass/bushes/trees on all the CUP terrains (I play on Utes mostly). My issue was solved not by messing with my nVIDIA GTX 1070's settings (although I tried that) but by using the Cherno 2035 terrain instead. Instant improvement! I'm no longer experiencing any ugly popping of grass etc and am running between 50 - 60 FPS on my custom made 24 player CTF sessions.

Hope this helps somebody ;¬)

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1113631358