nikiforos

1.68 with lower FPS

Hello,

Just tried out the latest update and unfortunately I get lower FPS in Yet Another Benchmark . I was getting 52 FPS with 1.66 and now get  49 FPS.
Anyone else with the same experience?

I have no benchmarks, but the apex missions that was unplayable for me because of the fps tanking below 20 pre 1.68. Still is unplayable after the patch.
Sadly there seems to be no improvements to speak of.

I used to have unstable 60 fps(lowest I've seen was 20) now I see 20 fps on a blank map. I hope a hotfix can solve that(I don't want to burn my pc with that game again)

haven't bench marked it yet, but im actually getting in and around 150fps on blank map, i used to get 40-50 max, but i have noticed it dips down a lot to 20s, so it fluctuates from alot better to alot worse for me now and thats standing still not moving and no ai around? quiet strange...if i was able to keep it above 30fps in the minimums this would be fantastic news for me!

64 bit just utilizes more RAM and depending on your setup it´s effects can vary (no FPS increase was promised). Also using any mods can cause a wide spectrum of issues.

Which allocator is the best?

ff4e0994c7704d93b66033010929ab25.png

I have an  6700k a GTX 1070 and running game on an SSD.

I'm using system malloc and I'm getting MUCH higher FPS ingame with the 64bit version.  I do have quite a monster PC though.

• Like 1

System malloc?  Do you mean the Windows allocator (system) or the Intel TBB 4 allocator?

I am so dumb, I didn't know that you can launch game on 32bit again. I have my fps back now(no, my computer is 64bit)

I know we werent promised any frames, it was more to do with stutter/lag and yes i am getting far more frames now at times but i go on the lows and im now getting worse low end fps than i was before, so higher fps yes but the low fps is worse so thats not good

before update 30-50 fps in most senarios mod/no mods

update - far higher fps but also far worse fps (even in the senarios i used to get steady 40fps now i get like 15fps)

could do with uploading logs but dont have time atm

my system

- i7 6700k 4.1ghz

-16gb corsair dominator 2666mhz

-rx480 1450/2222 hz

-samsung 750 evo 500gb ssd

i had a friend running same system except with an i56600k running standard clocks he was getting about 60fps and i was getting 20-30fps?

dont get me wrong, im not so much complaining just pointing out that there seems to be an issue, as in getting lower fps than before the update, i would be happy if i was stuck with 30fps for this game but getting below 25 at times iust makes it unplayable esp considering i dont exactly have a week ass system.

2 hours ago, nikiforos said:

System malloc?  Do you mean the Windows allocator (system) or the Intel TBB 4 allocator?

System malloc = Windows allocator (system)

That's why "system" is written in brackets afterwards.

Malloc = memory allocator.

Is there a way I can benchmark this update to x64 client in a meanginful way?

i7 2700k @4.6 GHz

32 GB, four sticks of DDR3 ram (2166MHz, 10-10-10-27)

Maximus IV Extreme P67 mobo

SSD Samsung 850 pro, 512 GB

Win 7

Btw, playing Wasteland this morning with the new update, with few people on the server, it looked like the game client took up about 4+ GB of ram in task manager.

you guys should stop may the use of these placebo performance tweaks

usual arma3 sets all needed start parameters correct and for best performance, so there is absolut no need to tweak there anything.

these settings should only be used to configure some special or uncommon hardware, like 12 core CPU or a GTX 970 where you need to limit the VRAM due stupid memory handling of GPU.

leave all settings on default apart of:

-nosplash, -enableHT, -hugePages, -noLogs

I lost about 3 FPS on my system with 64bit, the problem must be on your side and there is no need to blame the developer who brought us finally 64bit.

64bit: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=818393730

32bit: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=774528690

the difference is maybe I never used any of these placebo performance tweaks

second error that most of arma3 users do is setting stupid high viewdistances!

using these settings with my hardware and arma 3 runs freaking well:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=773240860

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=773240727

• Like 2

or a GTX 970 where you need to limit the VRAM due stupid memory handling of GPU

Hi maquez,

what you mean? I unfortunately still have a GTX970, so, which kind of paramether I should use?

Thanks!

best is you ask dwarden what setting you exactly need to tweak for the GTX 970

he can tell this better than I can do

• Like 1

After some more testing I have to say that I'm starting to see positive stuff with the new 1.68 update. I played a mission that I created and the FPS were more stable and overall higher minimum FPS in heavy combat action.

Need more testing of course but once again I'm starting to see good things :)

• Like 1

with 32 bit i get 50-80fps depending on what mods i use

now with 64 bit i get 15-22fps without runnung any mods, even after reinstalling arma from fresh with steam run in admin mode as suggested by BI

i have

i7 4910 2.90ghz

nvidia gtx 880m 8gig

16gig ram

41 minutes ago, danjuan said:

with 32 bit i get 50-80fps depending on what mods i use

now with 64 bit i get 15-22fps without runnung any mods, even after reinstalling arma from fresh with steam run in admin mode as suggested by BI

i have

i7 4910 2.90ghz

nvidia gtx 880m 8gig

16gig ram

• Like 1

My ram usage will never go above 5.5 GB , is this normal?

11 hours ago, domokun said:

this ^^^

i opened NVIDIA control panel and created a new profile in the "manage 3d settings" tab  for ARMA3_X64.exe. i had to locate the exe within the profile but once done all sorted and better than the old 32bit

13 hours ago, nikiforos said:

Hmmm. Pretty sure mine was at 6 something other day. I was not testing this. Just Happened to have task manager open for another reason.

15 hours ago, nikiforos said:

Are you talking about total or just how much Arma uses?

If I push the engine hard I can get the total usage around 10GB in Altis as you can see here

Alrig

1 hour ago, St. Jimmy said:

Are you talking about total or just how much Arma uses?

If I push the engine hard I can get the total usage around 10GB in Altis as you can see here

Alright, I did the same thing as you and I managed to push the ram usage to 6.5 GB in game. Total  system use was around 9 Gb.