Sign in to follow this  
terox

ArmA 64 bit server (Dont forget to do the following)

1) Update your firewall rules to include the 64 bit binary

2) BattleEye changes

• 64 bit binary runs the beserver_x64.dll
  • It also needs a BEServer_x64.cfg (Which is simply a renamed copy of your BEServer.cfg

You may also need to install the  64-bit 2013 VC++ redist from https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Clients may also need that installing for some 3rd party content

If you allow shac tac, they have an update to their GUI on the Steam Workshop which was released about 45 minutes ago (22:30GMT) which fixes the loading errors the clients are having

So ya might wanna update the Bikey (stui_1.2.1.bikey)

That should do it

• Like 4

Update your firewall rules to include the 64 bit binary

How do you do that?

Just create BEServer_x64.cfg for rcon

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Just now, claws01 said:

Just create BEServer_x64.cfg for rcon

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

will that make it visible to public? My x86 server version is working but when i launch the x64 it shows locally but public cant see

Anyone else getting "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application." when trying to run arma3server_x64.exe? The 32-bit one is running without an issue, but the x64 throws that immediately. Tried the 64-bit 2013 VC++ redist mentioned above.

7 hours ago, tsmhicks said:

will that make it visible to public? My x86 server version is working but when i launch the x64 it shows locally but public cant see

That sounds like a firewall issue, make sure your firewall allows the arma3server_x64.exe, if you dont know how to do that try https://portforward.com or google

Those having other issues remove all the "extra" command line params especially those that manipulate memory

also make sure you are allocating another memory for the servers, 64 bit can access a lot more memory

If your still having issues run the 32 bit binary until you find a solution

11 hours ago, fourjays said:

Anyone else getting "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application." when trying to run arma3server_x64.exe? The 32-bit one is running without an issue, but the x64 throws that immediately. Tried the 64-bit 2013 VC++ redist mentioned above.

Hey, try my post I did some minutes ago:

On 3/17/2017 at 4:45 AM, terox said:

Those having other issues remove all the "extra" command line params especially those that manipulate memory

also make sure you are allocating another memory for the servers, 64 bit can access a lot more memory

where is the list of commands for this stuff as reference? our dedi has 32gb of memory and 6 cores, so id like to utilize them more with x64

4 hours ago, tsmhicks said:

where is the list of commands for this stuff as reference? our dedi has 32gb of memory and 6 cores, so id like to utilize them more with x64

64 bit increases ram useage not core useage

That would most likely need an engine rewrite (Which I believe is now overdue and they should be getting stuck into it for A4)

On 3/18/2017 at 10:28 AM, terox said:

64 bit increases ram useage not core useage

That would most likely need an engine rewrite (Which I believe is now overdue and they should be getting stuck into it for A4)

Is there a way to specify how much memory can be used or is it allocated as needed by the server by default? All I do right now is make sure the task is set to "real time"

On 3/17/2017 at 1:41 AM, fourjays said:

Yes, this means that the 32 and 64 bit enviroment is mixed up. Method 2 of this website solved it for me. Let me know how it works.

I made the same mistake i did everything but still the same.

On 20/03/2017 at 7:51 PM, diylani said:

Yes, this means that the 32 and 64 bit enviroment is mixed up. Method 2 of this website solved it for me. Let me know how it works.

It is Windows Server 2012 R2, so DirectX is apparently installed. No updates pending either. Ran both the .NET and C++ redistributables. I've ran Dependency Walker, and every dependency it says is missing for the x64 executable is also missing for the x86 executable. I've also reinstalled and validated the update through SteamCMD repeatedly.

Still can't get the x64 version to run.

Edit: Somehow got it working. All I did was run Dependecy Walker's "profiling" option which attempts to run the executable. It booted fine, and despite reboots is still booting fine. I've either somehow stumbled across the right combination of redistributables, or Dependency Walker somehow resolved the issue. Will monitor it for now and see if it sticks.