Enhanced Visuals

uUsIwuZ.jpg

this is just the NVG (updated) and laser feature from "Enhanced Movement" seperated into a seperate addon.

i will probably add the 3d/pip scopes to this later on once i updated them. also in general any visual feature i might come up with in the future.

dDprpzF.png

news_download_a3_3.png

PICTURES

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/88224930532278052/FDE99537A5367224A398B40B109CF35C50E4CE73/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/88224930532275127/5754E9A3AF6B5B4AA109B93527EAE9A67B9ED6F0/

Enhanced Visuals - BETA 

DISCLAIMERS 

- use this at your own risk (obviously...) 

- NVG visuals changed: 
---> bloom (especially lights and bright objects) 
---> more film grain
---> less visible goggle overlay
---> scan lines overlay

- Laser pointer
---> day light laser pointer
---> optional 3d line and dot

after installing the addon simply go ingame and press ESC. there will be a small menu that will allow you to bind your keys and adjust your settings. for a short demonstration see the video above. 

- laser position is very generic, not much can be done about this for now

- NVG sound plays when looking through scope while NVG enabled and then putting down the scope

- improved laser position

- ineptaphid for testing and general passion about these features

modification of the contents of this addon requires the author's (that would be me) permission.

the contents of this addon are not allowed for any type of commercial use. that includes derivatives of it. 

that includes using this as part of game modes/servers that have donation systems that are tied to ingame content as reward for donations, even if that content is not this addon specifically. this means the use of this is only allowed in a 100% free context. that obviously excludes normal servers that accept donations without ingame content perks. 

the use of contents of this addon (if permission was granted) is not allowed outside of arma games. that includes "very similar military simulators based on the RV engine".

• Like 15

Thanks for bringing the NVG visuals back :D
After playing with your addons for quite some time you quickly realize how boring the the vanilla superduper-NVGs are. Thanks for the release!

• Like 3

thank you for this amazing mod.

I have come across a small issue whilst in game which turns the Blacn and Green NVGs into Binoculars. They are able to be put in the NVG slot but the night vision does not work. The tool tip for the two NVGs are also the same as a binocular.

hm. thx for the report. i just copied some config code from somewhere to remove the default NVG overlay. must've broken some classes. will look into it asap.

• Like 1

update tomight. good news is that thx to a nice code experiment by killzonekid which i have been made aware of by Das Attorney i managed to keep the optional overlay intact while also having you be able to use the action/scroll menu (or rather see it).

i also found the issue with the config i used to removed the vanilla overlay that broke opfor NVGs. was just an inheritance issue. same issue that john doe reported btw.

i also experimented with new ways to do thee pip scope thing. won't be in this update but i think i'll use this mod as a home for it in the future since it's a visual enhancement thingy.

• Like 8

DOWNLOAD---->https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Y0VNgK9JXiNFFGLVNOMHE4czQ/view?usp=sharing

changelog

NVG
- fixed: goggles overlay was blocking visibility of the action/scroll menu
- fixed: wrong inheritance broke anything but blufor NVGs

laser
- added: color settings...for now just green and red. open to suggestions though
- fixed: laser line was offset when standing in the water...laserpoint still needs work...next update

link replaced...hotfix

• Like 2

You should definitely do what blast core does and re work explosions and such. This is sweet imagine a jet being shit down.

this'll get anotehr update very soon. the laser colors i added last minute. still need to make them be saved on the profile so you don't have to switch every time you restart. and the dot is still off near water. i think i'll jsut rewrite it and optimize it a little while i'm at it. should be useable for the most part though.

• Like 2

i realised that the way i designed the framewrok it actually already DOES save the laser color settings. thx past me. you're always watching out for me :don9: apparently i forgot how it works lol.

i found out that the new approach for the NVG overlays breaks with mission restarts (using hte ESC menu restart button) eventhoguh it only very slightly differs from before. gotta love arma and it's restarts and savegame loads. when i say love i mean hate.

anyways. here's a little teaser on the update PIP scope concept. it is now done via a world object instead just through optics model 3d dialog stuff. that allows to overlay some post processing to get rid of the pixelation in the pip a little.

378Nn9L.jpg

DHTh3Dv.jpg

don't get too excited yet though. this is very early and still has many problems. mainly it still needs away to intelligently adapt to any scope with any zoom level. that way i can avoid the need to set up every single scope seperatedly.

• Like 13

does this also consider how track ir and 3D scopes work together?
basically that you can turn your head while in scope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bad benson said:

don't get too excited yet though

I'm ignoring your advice and getting very excited!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bad benson said:

anyways. here's a little teaser on the update PIP scope concept. it is now done via a world object instead just through optics model 3d dialog stuff. that allows to overlay some post processing to get rid of the pixelation in the pip a little.

I love what you are doing here.

The way to go is inner scope real

and outer scope PiP. It looks so nice.

I really hope you can keep this project up

and it takes off to insane places. I do enjoy

pretty visuals a lot.

Keep it real, thanks for your mods :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tpw said:

I'm ignoring your advice and getting very excited!

+1. Pants flew off after just the first picture. Looks really, reeeeeaalllly good! :)

• Like 1

This is creating a server dependency when creating a mission... should it?  EM doesn't.

(PS: Good to have this functionality back :) )

17 hours ago, BB_Frost said:

This is creating a server dependency when creating a mission... should it?  EM doesn't.

(PS: Good to have this functionality back :) )

oh really? thx for letting me know. will look into it asap

hm. i took a quick glance and first thing that comes to mind is the NVG goggles config that removes the vanilla overlay. that might cause it. since most units you place will have NVGs on them. not 100% sure yet.

It will take some time before I can try this...

Are you saying you have created an Izlid like laser which is visible from faaaaaar away?

unlike the weapon laser, which is only going out 1km max?

Hi,

I really like your take on the NVG bloom and filmgrain. I've run into a small problem though. Using EV with ACE3 when enabling the NVG's (hearing the sound only when I apply the NVG's the second time, during the first time there is no sound....) I have full screen NVG's. Not the "binocular" style of vision with restricted edges. Can you fix this?

12 hours ago, kroky said:

Hi,

I really like your take on the NVG bloom and filmgrain. I've run into a small problem though. Using EV with ACE3 when enabling the NVG's (hearing the sound only when I apply the NVG's the second time, during the first time there is no sound....) I have full screen NVG's. Not the "binocular" style of vision with restricted edges. Can you fix this?

It's a feature. 

Hey is there any word on the pip scope, its been years and I've been curious, if anything could you share the way you did it with the community so someone else can finish and make mods with them