Glad you and your family are ok! Excited to learn Blender and try your tools out. Just being able to paint the ground texture mask around objects would be so amazing! Its a very tedious and often inaccurate process to adjust ground textures via polygons in TB. After a couple years of using TB and Buldozer, anything that saves us from having to rely on them is a miracle!

• Like 2

On 9/25/2017 at 4:51 PM, cring0 said:

Glad you and your family are ok!

I second that!

I have been playing around with this for a few days now and love it! It's fantastic work,  thank you. A query (a.k.a. feature request, if you will :f:) in the future, is there any possibility that we can look forward to the ability to add multiple texture files? Some island makers split the terrain texture (e.g. into four parts) in order to get better resolution on their sat maps. 

On 10/1/2017 at 2:52 AM, viper2511 said:

A query (a.k.a. feature request, if you will :f:) in the future, is there any possibility that we can look forward to the ability to add multiple texture files? Some island makers split the terrain texture (e.g. into four parts) in order to get better resolution on their sat maps. 

Yeah, I keep this in mind as my other map projects will need that, so It's definitely coming to the bLT! sorry for the late answer, but I just realized that this thread has already a second page :D

Edited by MiroBI

Damn it, I keep login in with the account I'm not using anymore, sorry for the confusion, so the above answer it's actually me :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hey mir_o - 

I have been keeping an eye on the trello of bLandscapetools for some time.

That said I am really excited for this tool. I need to ask though. Are there any plans to support other engines that are not RV Engine? For example - Unity3D or Unreal Engine 4.

On 11/9/2017 at 12:30 AM, HeadClot88 said:

Hey mir_o - 

I have been keeping an eye on the trello of bLandscapetools for some time.

That said I am really excited for this tool. I need to ask though. Are there any plans to support other engines that are not RV Engine? For example - Unity3D or Unreal Engine 4.

Yup, that's the plan, although still not clear what exactly I'll support when exporting from bLT. It depends on what a particular engine allows to import eg. terrain texture, surface mask, objects positions, roads.. etc.

Edit: Damn it, wrong account again...

Hi guys!!!

It’s been over four months since my last development update, so what’s happened in this period of time? A lot, but mainly the v0.2 of bLandscapeTools were released, well over a month ago!!! On December 25th, as a christmas gift, announced at Discord and Skype, available at https://github.com/paxetgloria/bLandscapeTools.

What’s new in v0.2

OpenCV library support

As mentioned in the previous dev update I decided to have this library under the hood as well, for many reasons, but as I wanted to have installation of bLT(and its support libraries) as easy as possible I had to figure out how to automate OpenCV library installation so it’s more comfortable even for newbies. Eventually, I made it, but it was a hell of challenge.

You can find the Install OpenCV button in the addon’s preferences. More info about the installation can be found at https://github.com/paxetgloria/bLandscapeTools/wiki/Installation-guidelines .

5a7703ee61ed0_InstallOpenCV.jpg.b32d3689457d038429a85f9fcc05b5e9.jpg

Surface Painting

I got it into a usable state. It requires you to provide the following inputs within Data Source tab:

Terrain texture

Terrain surface mask

Developer drive

Layers.cfg

DataSource.jpg.661ad80da3989aa20f08860a5830d724.jpg

bLT sets up all brushes automatically, in case user has detail surfaces saved in PNG format bLT uses them to create brush preview icons, otherwise surface color defined in layers.cfg is used.SurfacePainting.thumb.jpg.8e00e6832ceaeb4493c969dc9059bfa5.jpg

I added Blender’s default Texture Paint settings like Stroke Settings to Surface Painting tab to provide you with some nice ways how to perform your strokes.

StrokeSettings.jpg.58329194e5142d453222ea8d64e65fd2.jpg

Also added handy viewport settings to help you while painting surfaces, note that I haven’t found any use for Blend type(blending of terrain texture with surface mask) yet, but I’m leaving it there for now, if anyone finds it useful.

ViewportSettings.jpg.a4a8dc0525c88db4f647dfedb8be3b6f.jpg

All paint changes are being saved to location’s surface mask only when user disables(turns off) surface painting mode. In this regard, I added a warning messages into GUI to inform you that you have to do so, before trying to commit your location’s change.

WarningMessages.jpg.60bd9ef64cb0449ef2d69d99755805bd.jpg

Commit Location improvements

When commiting a location, user can decide where he wants to have data written to, either to original source data(defined in Data source tab) or Output folder within the current Project folder.

CommitLocation.jpg.381484028282bc2fabfc8dd78d7c6666.jpg

Occupied locations

While importing a new location it provides a visual guide what areas are already imported to prevent using parts of already occupied locations in other locations(you may overwrite data when committing a change)

OccupiedLocations.jpg.3b55d9639e1cf501662937926ed004f8.jpg

bLTilities - Check surface mask

I added a super handy utility to check your surface mask for possible errors, read more in documentation https://github.com/paxetgloria/bLandscapeTools/wiki/bLTilities#check-surface-mask

surfacemask_check.thumb.jpg.3bfef6716a32b7de87ea558df2d760ed.jpg

Plans for v0.2a

Realtime surfcase check - similar to what bLTility Check surface mask does, but in real time

Import support for terrain texture split into separate files

Support to read/write tif elevation files

..and possibly a better bLT messages logging so user doesn’t have to have Blender’s System Console turn on to see , the plan is to misuse Text editor for that, wish me luck.

If you'll find a bug, report it here(hit New issue button) or if you just want to share your thoughts, please don't hesitate to contact me on Skype or Discord. Of course, you can leave a message here on forums.

Cheers,

Miro

• Like 2

Excellent news again! Very exciting times for Arma Terrain community. 

One question, are there any limitations on mask/ satellite image size?

17 minutes ago, HorribleGoat said:

Excellent news again! Very exciting times for Arma Terrain community. 

One question, are there any limitations on mask/ satellite image size?

right now yes, Ross (my testing hero) found out that OpenCV is not able to open raster >30000px(+/-) ... I'll probably have to fallback to GDAL, needs more investigation though, but as mentioned in Plans for v0.2a I want to support loading of split images

• Thanks 1

i cant install  open cv.

'found bundled python f: blah blah

blt: imported multifiles

requirement already satisfied. open cv-python in F: \blender\2.79\python\lib\site-packages

blt_info: opencv installation problem!!

SOLVED!!

i had wrong version of blender...

Hey @mir_o! This plugin looks great but I have difficulties using it. Will this tool be inside of DayZ Standalone modding tools in future? Also will you write more documentation about how to use it? Thanks!

@mir_o what is the correct version of Blender to use now that 2.79 seems to have reached last stable release and development has moved on to 2.8?

bLandscape tools do not seem to work with the latest 2.79 though.

On 6/7/2018 at 6:35 AM, -REALM- said:

Hey @mir_o! This plugin looks great but I have difficulties using it. Will this tool be inside of DayZ Standalone modding tools in future? Also will you write more documentation about how to use it? Thanks!

Hi mate sorry for way too late response, I don't expect to include bLT in DayZ Standalone modding tools, at least it's not clear to me yet what's the advantage having it there. Regarding documentation, this may be postponed as I'm now in re-designing phase as I'm about to start rewriting whole bLT into Blender 2.8.

On 12/31/2018 at 6:53 AM, HorribleGoat said:

@mir_o what is the correct version of Blender to use now that 2.79 seems to have reached last stable release and development has moved on to 2.8?

bLandscape tools do not seem to work with the latest 2.79 though.

Thanks for the notice mate, I'll have a look.

hi, gdal is installed, I created the openCV folder but i have an error when I try to launch blt ,

sans-titre-576e880.png

any idea ?

Edited by Dedmen
Removed all-bold. Rule 12

Hi guys, it's great see that some of you are still using this Addon. Unfortunately, I stopped supporting the version for Blender 2.79 a while ago and I'm fully concentrating on development for version 2.9+

That being said I also stop using bLandscapeTools Youtube channel and decided to use only my personal one so I'd like to ask you to subscribe to get update on development, thank you in advance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1