Sign in to follow this  
acoustic

Would creating new cities in Eden cause performance issues?

I attempted to design a map many moons ago and I could never get over the difficulty of creating satmaps and all of the other tasks needed to create a map before actually placing objects on the map. I don't have the time for it currently but would like to tinker around with an idea in my head for a map by simply editing blank maps (or just barren ones like Desert from A2). Is this doable or would adding that money objects cause performance issues? Thanks.

P.S. Much respect to the actual map makers who have the patience for creating full maps, you guys are awesome!

Baking the objects to a terrain will run much better than scripting them, so to answer you question, sorry but yes.

You may want to look into simple objects: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createSimpleObject

There's a tickbox in Eden that sets an object into a simple object: http://i.imgur.com/mhsgJlp.png?2

Not sure how well this would work with AI, as by looking at that wiki link it says that AI pathfinding doesn't work on them, so they pass through walls. Should help with smaller clutter objects though.

• Like 1

I built a compound in Takistan the other night for an HVT capture mission and made the mistake of making the building (a villa) a simple object. 
None of the door would open and the AI would not path find their way through the building, instead a bunch of the chose to walk off the edge of the roof or out through walls.

So while making building simple objects is much better for performance, it's not so great for functionality.