Hi Guys,

There were some requests to have my recent script as a mod and here you are. It is working like the "Pitch Altitude Hold" setup which can be found for instance by F-16s (can be seen below "F-16 Autopilot Controls").
Basically it is fixing the altitude when it is turned on but still let's you to adjust speed, do pitch, yaw and roll.

In addition to that Loiter (Pylon Turn) has been also added to the script.

Here you can find the script version.

Autopilot

Altitude Fix Demonstration

Spoiler

Loiter (Pylon Turn) Demonstration

Spoiler

Helicopter Demonstration

Spoiler

F-16 Autopilot Controls

Spoiler

ta28n9.jpg

Features

• Fixes the altitude to the sea level altitude when the autopilot is activated (will be referred as initial altitude)
  • Gives possibility to pilot to adjust speed, pitch, yaw and roll angles while autopilot is open. Autopilot returns fixed-wing airplanes to initial altitude after control is released back
  • Autopilot/Loiter automatically turns off when
    • Speed below minimum speed based on landing speed. In case of helicopters minimum speed is 40 kmh
    • Speed above 0.9 Mach
    • Engine is damaged
    • Roll angle is above maximums 35° (only for helicopters)
    • Pitch angle is above maximums which is 25° for helicopters and 50° for fixed-wings
    • Rudder control (only by helicopters)
  • Gives autopilot functionality to every air vehicle at mission start automatically
  • Gives loiter (Pylon Turn) functionality to every fixed-wing at mission start automatically
  • Autopilot and Loiter cannot be turned on at the same time
  • Only pilot can turn it on/off. If co-pilot takes control, he/she is able to use the autopilot as well
  • CBA A3 key binding

Future Plans

• Other autopilot setups by fighter jets, i.e. fix attitute
  • GUI
  • Adjustable loiter parameters

Download

Dependencies

•  CBA A3

Version History

v.2.0

• Added: Loiter functionality to airplanes
  • Added: Speed fix for helicopters
  • Added: Pitch will be adjusted to -5° by helicopters automatically
  • Tweaked: Pitch limit by helicopters is increased to 25°
  • Tweaked: +-10° is the band where helicopters are fixing their speed. Pitch angles outside of this band can be used to alter speed
  • Added: Rudder will turn off autopilot by helicopters

v.1.6

• Added: Co-Pilots can enable the autopilot if they take the control
  • Added: Switch sound when autopilot is engaged or disengaged

v.1.5

• Added: CBA Key binding (Default setup is CTRL + SHIFT + A)
  • Tweaked: Helicopter autopilot is adjusted to let pilot more freedom to adjust the speed while autopilot is ON

v.1.2

• Added: Roll and pitch angle limits
  • Added: Maximum speed limit
  • Tweaked: Minimum speed is increased to turn on the autopilot is increased to 40 kmh in case their landing speed is below that (i.e. helicopters)
  • Tweaked: From now on it will not fix the pitch to 0° but also will keep the initial altitude, this means if you climb or dive while autopilot is on with a fixed-wing aircraft after you release the controls it will take you back to initial altitude
  • Fixed: Helicopters will not be able to fly upside down anymore

v.1.1

• Added: Autopilot functionality will be available by spawned vehicles as well (Requires CBA A3)

v.1.0

• Initial version

Special Thanks

• Chronicsilence for his matrix function library

Enjoy!

• Like 6

Congrats or release. Make jets great again)

4 hours ago, sammael said:

Congrats or release. Make jets great again)

Enjoy :icon_biggrin: Mod version came due to your valid argument :wink_o:

• Like 1

Testing now ... many thanks for releasing the mod version.  Really pleased to see you've got lots of plans for this mod.

Works PERFECTLY.  In fact, I was able to take a Wipeout at 7m across the waterand 600knots !  Just amazing. 

Now to improve we just need the ability to put the autopilot into a loiter pattern.  Perhaps one way would be to check if autopilot is on, then have further options in the action menu (Loiter left, loiter right, 2km circle, 3km circle etc etc).

Really impressed so far.  Now to download other aircraft and check out them using your autopilot ! 

Well done mate.

EDIT SHOWERTHOUGHT .... Nap of the Earth mode (a proper one that CAN take you down to 20m without crashing :)   )

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foxhound said:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png
Devas Autopilot Mod v1.0

I get error when I click  :(

2 minutes ago, kremator said:

Works PERFECTLY.  In fact, I was able to take a Wipeout at 7m across the waterand 600knots !  Just amazing. 

Now to improve we just need the ability to put the autopilot into a loiter pattern.  Perhaps one way would be to check if autopilot is on, then have further options in the action menu (Loiter left, loiter right, 2km circle, 3km circle etc etc).

Really impressed so far.  Now to download other aircraft and check out them using your autopilot ! 

Well done mate.

Thanks

• Like 1

Still playing with this and helicopters.  You MAY have finally sorted the MOST annoying thing about Arma and helos.  Typical scenario .... you are coming in fast to an LZ, you have 2 options - turn the helo on its side to rapidly lose speed (and height unfortunately) or pitch up and expose your chopper ;)  This is what AI typically do.  NOW try it with autopilot on ..... coming in fast, pitch up BUT you do not fly up in the air !!! 

THIS is why it will be a standard mod.  Now get coding some more :)

• Like 1

Nap-of the Earth -mode is really essential for this mod.It will also enable all those movie moments for SP-mode. To get rid of the sharp pull-up for helos and really slow and low flying for ai-pilots.

Stealth -stuff will be possible .Something that has been missing for all in Arma 3 ,thanks for this mod.Great.

Version 1.1 released.

Autopilot is now working also by spawned vehicles.
CBA A3 is required to run the mod.

• Like 2

Brilliant news on update. This autopilot is in my alwayson mod group. 

Maybe you already know 

• Added: A new setAirplaneThrottle script command 

Version 1.2 has been just released.

• Added: Roll and pitch angle limits
  • Added: Maximum speed limit
  • Tweaked: Minimum speed is increased to turn on the autopilot is increased to 40 kmh in case their landing speed is below that (i.e. helicopters)
  • Tweaked: From now on it will not fix the pitch to 0° but also will keep the initial altitude, this means if you climb or dive while autopilot is on with a fixed-wing aircraft after you release the controls it will take you back to initial altitude
  • Fixed: Helicopters will not be able to fly upside down anymore

I advise you guys to read the functionality description in initial post in this thread to have better understanding about how it works. I also add the demo video which shows new altitude fix functionality to there.

I would like to thank to @chronicsilence for his matrix functions.

Enjoy!

• Like 3

A loiter/orbit function would be immensely helpful for fixed wing aircrafts on CAS mission.

Version 1.5 has been just released.

• Added: CBA Key binding (Default setup is CTRL + SHIFT + A)
  • Tweaked: Helicopter autopilot is adjusted to let pilot more freedom to adjust the speed while autopilot is ON

Enjoy!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

Added: CBA Key binding (Default setup is CTRL + SHIFT + A)

thank you

This is indeed a very useful mod :) Could you add some kind of cruising speed? Something similar that Duda is using for his trains. Keep both altitude and speed under control if possible.

I am not very sure it will be usefull as with jet dlc came the rpm control which is kind of fixing the speed already.

• Like 1