GTX 1080 STRIX + ASUS 170 PRO + i7 6700k FPS issue

Hi there.

So i just got my new rig beast and it is what the title says:

GTX 1080 STRIX 

I7-6700k SKYLAKE

16 GB 3000mhz RAM 

Motherboard ASUS 170 Pro gaming. 

all new out of the box. 

Running arma 3 at ultra and adding around 40 units fighting on editor i get around 37 fps. why so low? 

12 hours ago, laywiin said:

Hi there.

So i just got my new rig beast and it is what the title says:

GTX 1080 STRIX 

I7-6700k SKYLAKE

16 GB 3000mhz RAM 

Motherboard ASUS 170 Pro gaming. 

all new out of the box. 

Running arma 3 at ultra and adding around 40 units fighting on editor i get around 37 fps. why so low? 

What graphic options are you using and d'you have an SSD?

Yes i'm running the prefered for the pc, an option that comes with arma. Tho, i mostly run everything on ultra. to get around 60 fps i need to run everything on medium. 

Yes i have an SSD, but only windows runs by it. 

9 hours ago, laywiin said:

Yes i'm running the prefered for the pc, an option that comes with arma. Tho, i mostly run everything on ultra. to get around 60 fps i need to run everything on medium. 

Yes i have an SSD, but only windows runs by it. 

Good but could do better ;)

Seriously do you have space on your SSD for A3 and it's mods?

Because I'm pretty certain that you'd enjoy a smoother A3 experience if A3 was also run off an SSD (less LoD thrashing, less stuttering).

Laywiin my rig is:

I7-4770K occked @ 4.2 Ghz

Mobo ASUS P6Q3 Deluxe

16 Giga RAM @2600 Mhz (useless right now until the 64 bit version of the game is released)

MSI GTX1080 Armor OC

and i keep ArmA and DCS running on an SSD

My average FPS on Altis without mods are 52-60 FPS

same goes for Tanoa more or less.

everything set on ultra but i suggest you right now, to lowering your view distance to 2500 or max to 3200 BTW 2500 is way better and just wait for the 64 bit version of the game to be released to move back the view distance to 3600

hope this helps, have a nice day

• Like 1

I have a powerful computer. The problem is even if in a single player game I have 60fps, online game drops it to 40fps. And there  not video settings or CPU are involved. It looks like network code and data synchronizations drop the fps. 

1 minute ago, ViperAleks said:

I have a powerful computer. The problem is even if in a single player game I have 60fps, online game drops it to 40fps. And there  not video settings or CPU are involved. It looks like network code and data synchronizations drop the fps. 

This is natural. You can expect similar losses in other MP games. This is due in large part to the latency of broadband networks. Indeed this is why (in large part) LAN parties were so popular in the late 90s and early 2000s.