Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

Hi, I was wondering if you could let me know what variables the convoy_hijack, fob_hunting ,search_and_rescue side missions use so I can whitelist them in infistar since my players keep getting kicked and banned? I'd appreciate the help thanks!

What do you mean with "variable for the sidemissions"?

These are scripts and not only a variable.

To setup your infistar, you should just look into your BE filter logs and adjust your BE filter accordingly (just like for any other mission or gamemode).

There is nothing to do inside Liberation for a "infiStar compatibility", as you've to configure infiStar to work with the mission/gamemode you want to run. Bet you'll have to whitelist some remoteExecs etc. And as Liberation runs many scripts etc. also on clientside I could imagine that setting up all the BE filters etc. wouldn't be worth the benefit of running Liberation with infiStar for Anti-Cheat.

But well, concerning your question in short: Nothing different in Liberation concerning configuring infiStar than for other missions/gamemodes, so do the same what you've done for other servers.

5 hours ago, Wyqer said:

What do you mean with "variable for the sidemissions"?

These are scripts and not only a variable.

To setup your infistar, you should just look into your BE filter logs and adjust your BE filter accordingly (just like for any other mission or gamemode).

There is nothing to do inside Liberation for a "infiStar compatibility", as you've to configure infiStar to work with the mission/gamemode you want to run. Bet you'll have to whitelist some remoteExecs etc. And as Liberation runs many scripts etc. also on clientside I could imagine that setting up all the BE filters etc. wouldn't be worth the benefit of running Liberation with infiStar for Anti-Cheat.

But well, concerning your question in short: Nothing different in Liberation concerning configuring infiStar than for other missions/gamemodes, so do the same what you've done for other servers.

I'm not running battleye so it does not require running be filters, even though I have had to disable quite a bit to get infistar running but when you run a twitch streaming server like the one I do it helps to have infistar running. This is the kick log HLOG_SKICK: BadCtrlText: FOB HUNTING it does appear to be a remoteExec problem. I guess I can contact Chris to find out what I can do to disable it. Thanks for your mod by the way its the best one I've played and plan on continuing streaming details of your mod so others see it as well.

Whitelist the control element of the dialog than.

I can't explain to you how you configure, whitelist or setup your AntiCheat on your server. Refer to the manual or support of infiStar. Last time I used it was while I hosted exile and epoch server.

You can find all defines of the dialogs and control elements inside the ui definitions:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/tree/master/Missionframework/ui

• Like 1

Where is Arma storing the savings? Because when i run the Mission on my PC theres a different saving than on the server... Can i sync it somewhere?

Thanks for your help

The mission lets you recruit a group of Paratroopers(using Zeus to move), how do you get them to jump out of a Helo?

Thanks,

Vengeance

When they fly over the place you want them out, select the squad via zeus and press G. Normal Zeus controls for letting AI leave a vehicle immediately.

Oh, wow that's great I didn't know that thank you. 

I am about 1/3rd conquering Malden (.96) on my Dedi Server and now two Zones are Blue with Red Letters and won't change to all Blue?  Is there a fix or do I have to start over?

Thanks,

Vengeance

9 hours ago, vengeance1 said:

Oh, wow that's great I didn't know that thank you. 

I am about 1/3rd conquering Malden (.96) on my Dedi Server and now two Zones are Blue with Red Letters and won't change to all Blue?  Is there a fix or do I have to start over?

Thanks,

Vengeance

server restart fixed ours when this happened

Hello, 

I'm trying to play this game by my own since I prefer it this way. 

Please help me understand some basic principles: 

1. Is there any way to have more options in Zeus? Like creating entities, more editing options, etc. 

2. Any way to modify the "Prices" for vehicles, soldiers, soldier groups? Or is there any way I can modify the Resources module? The AI Logistics module takes a really long time to get my resources in base so I can build. 

Thank you,

Filip

Hello, 

Thanks a lot! I made 90% of the modifications I needed, now  I just wanted to know if there is any way to replace the logistics module with an automated resourcing module, so I don't have to keep notes of every city and what resources it has. 

Is this possible? I know that earlier versions did not have the crate system, rather a simple 'resupply' script. 

Not sure if this is possible anymore, since it was pretty old version, 0.924.

Thank you, 

Filip

1 minute ago, philtherhythm said:

Hello, 

Thanks a lot! I made 90% of the modifications I needed, now  I just wanted to know if there is any way to replace the logistics module with an automated resourcing module, so I don't have to keep notes of every city and what resources it has. 

Is this possible? I know that earlier versions did not have the crate system, rather a simple 'resupply' script. 

Not sure if this is possible anymore, since it was pretty old version, 0.924.

Thank you, 

Filip

Hello Again, 

Many apologies, I found in the Wiki how to work with passive income. 

Thank you, and sorry for disturbing you

Filip

Hi again, 

I was wondering how can I add new vehicles to the Mission? 

I tried modifying the custom.sqf file within the Presets folder, however, after saving the modified file, I enter the game, load the mission, and when I hit Continue to start the mission, I am spawned on the little island with no options to spawn in my FOB or other places. 

Is there another file I would have to modify? 

e.g.:

air_vehicles = [

*all other vanilla vehicles*

["RHS_Mi8MTV3_UPK23_vdv",0,0,0]                                        //MI-8
];

Is there something I'm missing? 

Thanks, 

Filip

Hi,

I have a problem with AI not being saved or restored between sessions.

As a test I did this:

New game. Deleted saved.

Flew the FOB container to a place on Altis.

Deployed the FOB.

Created a single Rifleman (Light) with "Build (crew)" so it becomes it's own squad.

Created a other similar Rifleman (Light) but using "Build" so it becomes part of my squad.

Quit the mission and closed down Arma.

Restarted Arma and reloaded the mission.

FOB was there but both Riflemen was gone.

Are they not supposed to get saved between sessions?

I play on Altis using RHS and ACE.

I also tested this using no mods at all, so pure vanilla. The result was exactly the same. No AI at the FOB.

No dedicated server, just local server.

This is already fixed in the next update.

Reason is, that some of the single infantry units weren't listed in the predefined infantry squads. (where the save manager only relied on before)

This means if you have for example something like "infantry_unit_XY" as buildable single infantry, but this classname wasn't used in any predefined squad it wouldn't get saved. This was the case for example with the light rifleman.

Have a look at this commit and do the change in the classnames.sqf

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/commit/974b8c335860957a758d1e9caa193ac3c0b2c558

Thanks again for the amazing content Wyqer!

My unit is absolutely loving it. They've cleared about 8 maps at this point hahaha

Quick question for ya. What precisely do the aggressiveness and difficulty settings change? I disabled the difficulty setting changing anything from the server difficulty configuration, but does it change anything else?

I'm just trying to get the difficulty dialed in really precisely. Our guys are too good haha

Also - how would I adjust the spawn rate of anti-air vehicles/MANPADs?

Respectfully,

SGT Garcia

506th IR RU

@DirtyG16

Glad you enjoy the mission that much :)

Basically these two parameters do:

• Difficulty
    • Increase of the combat readiness
    • Spawn times of roaming enemy patrols in enemy territory (not sector bound)
  • Aggressivity
    • Size of reinforcements and battlegroups
    • Time between enemy attacks and time until the reinforcements arrive

To alter the spawn chances of certain vehicles you've to edit the preset.

Example:

opfor_vehicles_low_intensity = [
    "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F",
    "O_MRAP_02_gmg_F"
];

This would create a 50/50 chance to spawn a MRAP with HMG or with GMG.

And if you do this:

opfor_vehicles_low_intensity = [
    "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F",
    "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F",
    "O_MRAP_02_gmg_F"
];

You would have a 66% chance for a MRAP with HMG and a 33% chance for a MRAP with GMG.

That way you can adjust the spawn rates/chances for vehicles etc. in enemy groups.

And as you've already played many map. You know about the devkit which make it "quite easy" to create own/new Liberation maps?

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:Devkit

@DruidicRifleman

The FOB templates in the missionfile are only for FOB hunting secondary missions. You can add your own if you stick to the template, sure. But you can't use any templates for blufor FOBs, if this is what you're asking for.

52 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

@DirtyG16

@DruidicRifleman

The FOB templates in the missionfile are only for FOB hunting secondary missions. You can add your own if you stick to the template, sure. But you can't use any templates for blufor FOBs, if this is what you're asking for.

yeah i am Gonna try Converting the mission for use in optre.