Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

Hi guys, on the release notes of 0.96.5 there is a remark about statistics  

Added: Statistics will be posted additionally in the server log after winning the campaign.

Where can I find the server log and those statistics? ARMA 3 has a very wide folder structure and I cannot find anything called server log. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

KP Liberation v0.96.7 Released
Planned as hotfix, it now evolved to one of the biggest updates since the resource sytem implementation.

Some highlights:

• Functions library
  • A3 High Command
  • A3 Artillery Support
  • Interactive Tutorial for campaign start
  • Discord Rich Presence
  • Many tweaks, fixes and performance improvements

Get the new version and see the full changelog on GitHub

• Thanks 4

Thanks a lot. I am totally adcited to KP LIberation Campaing. Me and my squad play every afternoon in one and we are having a blast. Best scenarios and gameplay for Arma 3.

I really love them. Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Hi, I would like to ask if there is any definition written somewhere that describes the impact in the campaing of the parameters "Enemy strengt" and "OPFOR aggresivity".

I have read some oppiniions about itin the net but when I try these parameters on the campaing I do not get a clear picture what is practical the effect.

Sometimes I get patrols of vehiclñes outside the sectors that it is really cool since does not provide a "sanctuary" outide the red circle, but other times nothing happens.

One time I placed enemy strenght to strong and OPFOR aggresivity to moderate, and I had a huge flow of battlegroups reinforcing our targets and simultaneously attacking our FOB.

So in order to balance the "enemy" to the numer of players that we normaly play this campaing (In our case between 5 to 10) it would be really nice to have a better idea of what to expect from the enemy when selecting one of these optional parameters.

Thanks a lot for this awesome missions !!!

On 5/3/2020 at 12:48 PM, furia said:

Hi guys, on the release notes of 0.96.5 there is a remark about statistics  

Where can I find the server log and those statistics? ARMA 3 has a very wide folder structure and I cannot find anything called server log. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

And if anyone can answer this one I will really appreciate it. 👍

This mission keeps me playing Arma. Thank you, @Wyqer and everyone else involved in its continued development!

• Like 2

Liberation playing with my emotions. Just got the message that we had captured the town, thinking that we only lost two men and hadn’t used much ammunition so we could go to the next town. Looked up and saw two gunships coming straight down the Main Street on rocket runs towards the Bradleys. Took out one Bradley and destroyed another. Time for a change of plan.

This is such an excellent mission. I love it.

7BEF390EBEA6376A355FAD19D74F41EF80F939C7

8CFACF87A6CEE0EDEA6A9C43FA9C3C01AC015B75

• Like 3

Hey, @Wyqer!

I'm playing Malden version with the following mods: CBA_A3, ace, CUP Weapons, Spec4Gear.v4.6, TF - Naval Special Warfare Gear and Immerse.

I don't get why sometimes there are empty locations on the map and we cannot capture that area, the location bar is completely blue, but the text is still red when this happens. It doesn't look like a bug.
Question 1) Should we only attack where are those red rectangle areas?
Question 2) Is there any parameter that could make all areas available to capture and place enemies there?

Thank you guys! Playing this with ACE have been amazing!

16 hours ago, dmenor_gape said:

I don't get why sometimes there are empty locations on the map and we cannot capture that area, the location bar is completely blue, but the text is still red when this happens. It doesn't look like a bug.

I have had this happen to me. It is to do with the unit cap. You may see a message at the bottom right of the screen in yellow that tells you the unit cap has been reached and lists the active sectors below it. They are the only sectors where the enemy have spawned. Any other sectors will be empty and you won’t be able to capture them.

I have previously captured the active sectors but the next town was just the same as you say. I don’t know if the mission prevents enemies spawning in when you are occupying an empty sector to prevent you suddenly being surrounded by dozens of enemies. It may also be possible that reinforcements are keeping the old sectors active after you have left.

When you come back another day that sector will be active and available for capture as normal.

• Thanks 1

Hi, i want player to respawn with exactly same loadout which player had it when one died.

I put both "onPlayerKilled.sqf""onPlayerRespawn.sqf" which includes script for it into mission pbo and it worked but also it disconnected player from most of liberation system like halo jump, arsenal.

So where should i describe script for it and what is the correct script for it.

please tell me.

On 6/14/2020 at 8:59 AM, alky_lee said:

I have had this happen to me. It is to do with the unit cap. You may see a message at the bottom right of the screen in yellow that tells you the unit cap has been reached and lists the active sectors below it. They are the only sectors where the enemy have spawned. Any other sectors will be empty and you won’t be able to capture them.

I have previously captured the active sectors but the next town was just the same as you say. I don’t know if the mission prevents enemies spawning in when you are occupying an empty sector to prevent you suddenly being surrounded by dozens of enemies. It may also be possible that reinforcements are keeping the old sectors active after you have left.

When you come back another day that sector will be active and available for capture as normal.

Usually when this happens to us its after the server has been up for awhile. A server restart fixes it 

I apologies if this has been asked already somewhere in here, its been a while since i've played Arma3 and jumped back in recently on this mission (It's really great so far). I have a question about the AI, i've noticed when fighting around hangars and warehouse buildings the AI will track you through the walls and even shoot you through them, i've verified this using Zeus and having another player walk passed a hangar or warehouse with AI in it and watched them follow like an Aimbot then just annihilate them.

Is this issue related to this mission AI only or is this inherent to ARMA3? Does this mission use some custom AI script?

Cheers

Just started playing this mission on my own server, and loving it so far. Thanks, Wyqer et al.

I'm interested in playing on Chernarus 2020 (part of CUP Terrains 2.0, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1981964169).

Would the way to do that be to use the Devkit to add the mission to that map?  Or would I somehow use the existing Chernarus version as a base version?  Simply renaming the PBO to try and use the new map (perhaps predictably) didn't work.

10 hours ago, snubz said:

Or would I somehow use the existing Chernarus version as a base version?

...There's a little more to porting a mission. You might be tempted to copy/paste from an existing (older) Chernarus port but I think the terrain and object placement may have changed.

This should help.

Getting "Error when loading the scenario!" when attempting to open the mission in the editor.
Is there any fix for this?
Screenshot:

Spoiler

2zxVPSr.jpg

Public Service Announcement (Again):

The T-14 tank within the RHS AFRF mod (classname: rhs_t14_tv) is still in a test state and cannot be or is not easily destroyed. Hitting it with anything (rocket, missile, etc) causes a message to pop up in the corner of the screen saying something like "T-14: Unlimited Test Mode" and the tank takes no damage. I have had too many of these tanks spawn while playing Liberation and destroy expensive assets without any chance to defend since it cannot be killed. Kinda cheap in my opinion.

If you enjoy playing against RHS AFRF, then I recommend removing the classname above from the RHS AFRF preset found in: "KP-Liberation-0.96.7\KP-Liberation-master\Missionframework\presets\opfor\rhs_afrf.sqf" and exporting the mission to Multiplayer. Of course, this is assuming you are using the files to generate the mission yourself.

14 hours ago, vagrantauthor said:

Public Service Announcement (Again):

The T-14 tank within the RHS AFRF mod (classname: rhs_t14_tv) is still in a test state and cannot be or is not easily destroyed. Hitting it with anything (rocket, missile, etc) causes a message to pop up in the corner of the screen saying something like "T-14: Unlimited Test Mode" and the tank takes no damage. I have had too many of these tanks spawn while playing Liberation and destroy expensive assets without any chance to defend since it cannot be killed. Kinda cheap in my opinion.

If you enjoy playing against RHS AFRF, then I recommend removing the classname above from the RHS AFRF preset found in: "KP-Liberation-0.96.7\KP-Liberation-master\Missionframework\presets\opfor\rhs_afrf.sqf" and exporting the mission to Multiplayer. Of course, this is assuming you are using the files to generate the mission yourself.

The T-14 can be crewed or destroyed with satchel charges. And it certainly gets destroyed by NPCs/IEDs when player occupied. We are taking the glass half full approach until we finish this particular mission and enjoying the extra challenge of using the explosives. Kinda reminds me of the old Evolution days of having to destroy the radio tower to prevent reinforcements.

Hi  Wyqer,

There is a problem in build menu:

Description of the problem:

When open the build menu and go to Infantry Squads list you will see some items in this list active and some are not active, depending on your resources and units cap ... When you click on non-active item in that (Infantry Squads) list the menu keep working fine, but, When you click on active item (affordable) in that (Infantry Squads) list the menu will stop working, and you cannot change to another list (for example Infantry units or Light vehicles or Armored vehicles etc.) ... Further more, when you select an item from any other list (for example Infantry units list or Light vehicles list or Armored vehicles list etc.) that is on the bottom of the list (actually anything below item 6), and then when you click on Infantry Squads list you will NOT be able to build a squad even when click Build or Build crew.

Solution:
Step 1- Open the file (\presets\init_presets.sqf) in Notepad++ and then make a change to the code from line 93 to 100, like this:

KPLIB_b_allSquads = [
    ["blufor_squad_inf_light",200,0,0],
    ["blufor_squad_inf",300,0,0],
    ["blufor_squad_at",200,250,0],
    ["blufor_squad_aa",200,250,0],
    ["blufor_squad_recon",250,0,0],
    ["blufor_squad_para",200,0,0]
];

All what I did, is adding double-quotations around the names in that array ... Now these names changed from being variables to text strings.

Step 2- Open the file (\scripts\client\build\do_build.sqf) in Notepad++ and then add this code after line 40:

if (buildtype == 8) then {
			_classname = missionNamespace getVariable _classname;
		};

Now the code will look like this:

_classname = ((KPLIB_buildList select buildtype) select buildindex) select 0;
        _price_s = ((KPLIB_buildList select buildtype) select buildindex) select 1;
        _price_a = ((KPLIB_buildList select buildtype) select buildindex) select 2;
        _price_f = ((KPLIB_buildList select buildtype) select buildindex) select 3;

if (buildtype == 8) then {
            _classname = missionNamespace getVariable _classname;
        };

_nearfob = [] call KPLIB_fnc_getNearestFob;
        _storage_areas = (_nearfob nearobjects (GRLIB_fob_range * 2)) select {(_x getVariable ["KP_liberation_storage_type",-1]) == 0};

Then in the same file, change line 66, from this:

if (_classname isEqualTo blufor_squad_para) then {

to this:

if (buildtype == 8 &&  buildindex == 5) then {

Step 3- I pbo everything and play and try the build menu and the problem is gone. 👍

I hope this might help someone.

By the way ... I am the one who made Arma Trainer and Enhancer 1.4 mode, and now I finished with new update for that mode (Arma Trainer and Enhancer 1.5) which will add full Zuse ability and teleport to SP (now I play KP liberation alone with full Zuse ability and teleport 😎).

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 2:36 PM, Ellman said:

Getting "Error when loading the scenario!" when attempting to open the mission in the editor.
Is there any fix for this?
Screenshot:

Hide contents

2zxVPSr.jpg

Is this a liberation edit you are trying to open?

On 9/13/2020 at 6:42 AM, Georgians said:

how to CUP mod version on chernarus or other islands?

Theres a preset for Cups... Head to the wiki and it will explain how to change presets

Hello, It has been years playing this and now I am trying to setup our dedicated server.

The issue I am running into is when I transport the FOB to main island (Altis) it is not letting me deploy it, it only has "Inventory" showing in the list.

Can anyone help me out with this? Thank you very much for any information. Below I will leave a link of screenshot.

Screenshot of what I see

I don't need in-mission included squad management, I want to use defined in mission.sqm squad structure, so players will not need to join to group, they will play in group which they have chosen at lobby (as in vanilla game). Which code I must to correct to disable that squad management system? Thanx!