Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

There is no difference if it's dedicated or local hosted. Wouldn't make any sense to restrict it to a dedicated server.

Prequisites: FOB, at least one factory, Commander Slot, AI Logistics activated via mission parameters (default, seen on the map screen)

First of all love the mission one of the very best I have played !

Just wanted to know if it is possible to restrict building base parts so they only spawn and starting base so you have to load them  / lift chopper  , transport to the base so more realistic logistics of base building ?

Thanks 

On 26/1/2019 at 11:16 AM, Wyqer said:

There is no difference if it's dedicated or local hosted. Wouldn't make any sense to restrict it to a dedicated server.

Prequisites: FOB, at least one factory, Commander Slot, AI Logistics activated via mission parameters (default, seen on the map screen)

Found the reason !

My fault...:redface:

I had version 961 on Bornholm... and probably is a modified version even tough I see the KP logo when mission load.

Tried with latest version on Altis and is perfect !

Thanks.

Me and a friend are attempting to set up the Altis edition of this server with RHS weapons,vehicles,etc. However, when I edit the KP liberation config to the RHS presets, I load up the server and no change is made. When I return to the config it has reset itself to the default presets. Any Suggestions?

8 hours ago, The_Flying_Doggo said:

... When I return to the config it has reset itself to the default presets. Any Suggestions?

Do you point to the folder while the pbo file is still available in the same path?
Can it be using the pbo file even though you have unpacked it?

6 hours ago, RG_Sneaker said:

Do you point to the folder while the pbo file is still available in the same path?
Can it be using the pbo file even though you have unpacked it?

Yes, I do all of the unpacking, editing, and repacking in the same folder. When I unpack the pbo I delete the pbo I just unpacked, then I edit the config, repack the pbo, and delete the unpacked files. Is that what I should be doing?

5 hours ago, The_Flying_Doggo said:

Yes, I do all of the unpacking, editing, and repacking in the same folder. When I unpack the pbo I delete the pbo I just unpacked, then I edit the config, repack the pbo, and delete the unpacked files. Is that what I should be doing?

Just make sure u r copying the cfg sqf, pasting it, making ure edit, then pasting the edited sqf back to the mission (un pbo'd) directory and repacking.

18 hours ago, The_Flying_Doggo said:

.... Is that what I should be doing?

I can not tell you exactly what to do, since I am new to editing mission files, but I can  share with you that I have success with un-pbo'ing the pbo file and deleting it, then edit the config files and just point to this folder (still un-pbo'ed) when starting the server. That works for me and I see my changes.

Edit: I use TADST to launch a dedicated server.

On 1/30/2019 at 5:34 PM, The_Flying_Doggo said:

Arma does not touch pbo files. It very much sounds that you have a pbo somewhere that is not overwriten. So you unpack always the same pbo, getting the same config.

When you have created a new pbo, how to do get it to your server?

And check the path to which pbo your unpack tool is pointing.

Hey guys!

I'm having this small thing during gameplay in KP Liberation Altis. Every minute, or so, game is lagging.. I think it has to do something with autosave system. Is there a way to increase autosave cycle time to, for example, 5 minutes? Anyone?

Thanks.

5 hours ago, jonipetteri said:

.. I think it has to do something with autosave system.

Hi,

Have you checked free HDD space and if it is not SSD then defrag?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RG_Sneaker said:

Have you checked free HDD space and if it is not SSD then defrag?

Actually I haven't. Thanks for the tip! Have to check.

I am running the mission with ACE and a few other mods, but it seems like it takes 1 single bullet from the AI to kill/unconscious us, they are way too accurate (Not sure if it's a mod conflict or not). The difficulty is set to 1 in the config files, is there any way to set the AI accuracy (or damage) somehow ?

EDIT : Fixed it 😉

Hi

I like Liberation so much. I got one question, because I love idea of Carrier and use it along with other ships, but is there possibility to some way replace present Carrier to Nimitz? In Nimitz there is so much more places to put things etc. I my self, I got ,is it called Vanilla server, so i like to build a bit more this world and add things. Just curious.

On 2/14/2019 at 4:44 AM, Sakarias411 said:

I am running the mission with ACE and a few other mods, but it seems like it takes 1 single bullet from the AI to kill/unconscious us, they are way too accurate (Not sure if it's a mod conflict or not). The difficulty is set to 1 in the config files, is there any way to set the AI accuracy (or damage) somehow ?

EDIT : Fixed it 😉

How did you fix it?

After the last A3 update(1.90), there is a "Deployment location" error at mission start (Liberation 923-edited).

No entry 'mpmissions' _CUR_MP.Altis | description.ext / l iberation_deploy / DeployMap.widthRailWay

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/996890407473877906/8D313D38F41FFF09123F22B0768E2E17A37C4C66/

This is a general mistake Liberation or just mine?

On 3/11/2019 at 12:52 PM, [EC] Slawek said:

After the last A3 update(1.90), there is a "Deployment location" error at mission start (Liberation 923-edited).

No entry 'mpmissions' _CUR_MP.Altis | description.ext / l iberation_deploy / DeployMap.widthRailWay

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/996890407473877906/8D313D38F41FFF09123F22B0768E2E17A37C4C66/

This is a general mistake Liberation or just mine?

I am getting this message also so not just your config. 

Edit: I am using 963a for the Lythium map.

The error is a BI fault with 1.90 update.

Have a look at this Issue for more information.

• Thanks 1

Hi guys, I'm using CUP vehicles for the mission and have added a lot of the class names to the build menu without a problem. However when I use the CUP CH-53E VIV (CUP_B_CH53E_VIV_USMC) for transporting logi crates they get attached outside of the cargo area, is there a file that controls this in liberation or is this part of the asset? Thanks!

9 hours ago, Cockheaven said:

transporting logi crates they get attached outside of the cargo area, is there a file that controls this in liberation or is this part of the asset? Thanks!

kp_liberation_config.sqf

/* - Configuration settings for crates transported by vehicles.
Format = ["classname", distance behind vehicle to unload crate, attachTo positions for each box],    */
box_transport_config = [
    ["C_Offroad_01_F", -6.5, [0,-1.7,0.4]],
    ["I_G_Offroad_01_F", -6.5, [0,-1.7,0.4]],

Does this info bring you on a track to a solution?

• Thanks 1

How do I properly save the file kp_liberation.Altis\presets\blufor\custom.sqf with Notepad++ so that the mission will load properly?

When I open it with regular Notepad, edit and save it, the mission loads fine.

When I do it with Notepad++, the mission loads but you are stuck in the game without "JOIN THE FIGHT" screen.

Is there some particular save encoding?

I checked for any missing brackets, or spaces, but it seems like an encoding issues.

2 hours ago, syphonix said:

How do I properly save the file kp_liberation.Altis\presets\blufor\custom.sqf with Notepad++ so that the mission will load properly?

Hey i'm using notepad++ and i have zero problems.