Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

@Wyqer

I was thinking how Liberation would look cool with Iron Front mod. You know, the World War 2 setting.

What would happen if I just manually replaced all the modern units with the Iron front units. 

Would you say that could work or are there coded functions that would get screwed in the process?

As you just edit contents of the processed arrays it's not a problem to replace the classnames in the preset files. That's for what the preset system is made for and the reason why there are already presets for different mods/sides selectable via the config file.

• Like 1

I'm trying to make the players play as independent, and fight OPFOR, But i don't know how to change the colors in liberation_titles.hpp.

Also, on a separate note, my littlebirds keep being damaged upon spawning. It doesn't seem to matter where I place them, they just break on the carrier.

Hey guys. How do I clear the Fob Box of items in it's inventory? I've been searching for the answer the past few days and I haven't had any luck. Your help would be appreciated.

Hello, i have a simple question, where we can found the option or the parameter in order to delete or modify the min distance sphere when you build a FOB ? 

For example, i would like build a FOB but i can't because of nearby objects....

THx so much

Hello Wyqer,  it's possible to save equipments on a box and they are persitent ? =)) Or may be do you know a script or a addon to do that ? Thx !!!  ;) 

Hi, I don't have direct access to the server but I need to make some changes to the mission before we put it up. How do I go about extracting the right files I need manually to work on the mission?

2 hours ago, doctorbutts said:

How do I go about extracting the right files I need manually to work on the mission?

You'll want a tool that opens the pbo of the mission, pbomanager will do that http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

then move the extracted mission folder to your mission directory which would be here

C:\Users\username\Documents\Arma 3\missions

from there you can edit the mission, and then export it back to pbo and upload it to your server.

Is that what your asking?

aaah crap my bad. I'm so used to downloading the files from the main github page, that I never thought to check the releases section until that post. Thanks.

Hello! First off, thanks for keeping this mission alive and working on it. It's the mission I keep coming back to when I need a quick CTI combat fix and end up playing for 10 hours.

Now to my question,

Are there plans on including the most amazing Community Factions project in the different presets in the mission files?

If not, does anybody have a preset of it? I was thinking of doing it myself, which is kinda unnecessary if someone already made it.

That mod looks too damn good now to not use in this mission. It's also complete enough now to replace blufor and opfor factions.

cheers

I don't know what "Community Factions Project" exactly is.

From my side I won't provide more presets as currently available. People often ask for CUP etc. presets, but I don't play with CUP, so I don't plan to provide a preset for it. Mostly the people build one on their own and use it. Then the next one comes, asking, build an own one, and so on. If someone would contribute his presets for other mods on GitHub it'll be provided with the next releases of the mission, but sadly they keep them private, so no sharing with other players at the moment.

Hi guys,

Me and my friend playing arma 3 liberation in Altis. But we have a little problem. we cant build fob container. okey we have read guides and wikia, and also watched videos about this problem. But when i click the scroll button, build writing doesnt appear. What should i do  ? what am i doing wrong?

As you say "wikia" I had a look at the old greuh wikia for Liberation.

Guess you're referring to this article there:

http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_Started

I'm by the way very disappointed by the way some guys comment there.

Concerning your question:

Bring the FOB container at least 1km away from the Freedom and at least 300m away from each sector.

Have a look at the actual wiki on GitHub:

https://github.com/KillahPotatoes/KP-Liberation/wiki/EN_TheStart

CFP is an updated version of CUP. I didn't use CUP that much before either, the models just look too dated for my taste. But this mod brings the models to the standard of many of the newer mods. I tried making my own preset, but i got errors when I started editing the heavy vehicles - So i gave up. Was an errror message that said something about the light inf group for some reason.

Anyway, if it's something you wanna check out, I'd say they look for the most part better than the RHS infantry.

40 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

As you say "wikia" I had a look at the old greuh wikia for Liberation.

Guess you're referring to this article there:

http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_Started

I'm by the way very disappointed by the way some guys comment there.

Concerning your question:

Bring the FOB container at least 1km away from the Freedom and at least 300m away from each sector.

Have a look at the actual wiki on GitHub:

https://github.com/KillahPotatoes/KP-Liberation/wiki/EN_TheStart

Thanks for the links. finally i did.   :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HulaguKhan said:

But when i click the scroll button, build writing doesnt appear. What should i do  ? what am i doing wrong?

Make sure you have permissions set. Its in your action menu, that should be the first thing you do when you start the mission, your name and anyone else playing

will be listed, you can give permissions to whomever or not, but you must have permissions for yourself at least to build anything.

Hello,

Another problem there :(   i was playing on malden map. when i took m320 sniper with thermal optic, warning appears in right corner and said this following items are not allowed.(by the way warning about to thermal optic, not gun) it is my local server how to fix this problem ?

4 hours ago, HulaguKhan said:

Hello,

Another problem there :(   i was playing on malden map. when i took m320 sniper with thermal optic, warning appears in right corner and said this following items are not allowed.(by the way warning about to thermal optic, not gun) it is my local server how to fix this problem ?

Means its blacklisted.  

https://github.com/KillahPotatoes/KP-Liberation/wiki/EN_ConfigFiles