Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

Hey, I was wondering if there was a way to implement the Eden squad spawn system (without interfering with the redeploy screen). It would be really nice for small groups!

Never used that system and I guess I won't use it in the future.

Feel free to implement/try it.

Is the Logistics still working in the latest patch? Because I did a mission and the option to make a factory and storage at a town did not come up.

And the Logistics to assign trucks did not come up either.

cheers

Subs

Towns do not provide resources any longer except what you find when capturing them. 

The wiki has been updated to reflect this and also stated in the changelog

• Like 1

1.) Can I replace the DLC vehicles with vanilla ones or CUP vehicles? I can't use half of the vehicles because I don't have any DLC bought.

2.) Can I relocate the aircraft carrier? 

3.) How are called reinforcements spawns determined? Do they spawn outside of the capture location? I swear they often just pop right in front of you.

4.) What methods can be used to transport supply crates other than loading them on trucks? Can I use tow ropes somehow?

1. Yes, feel free to do so.

2. Yes, there is no problem with that.

3. They spawn outside of the sectors and move towards them.

4. Yes, they can be sling loaded by vanilla sling loading or mods like advanced sling loading.

First off, this is a great mission and I absolutely enjoy it. Thank you very much for all the work you put into this. :)

But maybe someone could help me out here because I tried to implement the AIS wounding system, which was mentioned on page 42 of this thread.
The AI is able to revive themselves and I can revive the AI just fine but the AI cannot revive me.

I do get "revived" but instead of getting healed, my character turns around and then I get the BIS "force respawn" button even though the revive System is deactivated through the mission_params.hpp.
Any ideas? Anybody who encountered this before?

Any help is appreciated as I am mainly playing solo and do need a bit of "AI support" ;)

8 minutes ago, delta02cat said:

First off, this is a great mission and I absolutely enjoy it. Thank you very much for all the work you put into this. :)

But maybe someone could help me out here because I tried to implement the AIS wounding system, which was mentioned on page 42 of this thread.
The AI is able to revive themselves and I can revive the AI just fine but the AI cannot revive me.

I do get "revived" but instead of getting healed, my character turns around and then I get the BIS "force respawn" button even though the revive System is deactivated through the mission_params.hpp.
Any ideas? Anybody who encountered this before?

Any help is appreciated as I am mainly playing solo and do need a bit of "AI support" ;)

Definitely a setting wrong somewhere, can you post your description.ext

Otherwise I can provide my working version but I have done some modifications you may not like

respawn = 3;
respawndelay = 5;
respawnButton = 0;
disabledAI = true;

enableDebugConsole = 1;
allowFunctionsLog = 0;

briefingName = $STR_MISSION_TITLE;
overviewText = "www.killahpotatoes.de";
overviewPicture = "res\lib.paa";
author = "[GREUH] Zbug, [GREUH] McKeewa, [KP] Wyqer";
onLoadName = $STR_MISSION_TITLE;
onLoadMission = "www.killahpotatoes.de";
loadScreen = "res\lib.paa";

joinUnassigned = 1;

#include "GREUH\UI\GREUH_interface.hpp"
#include "ui\liberation_interface.hpp"
#include "ui\liberation_notifications.hpp"
#include "ui\mission_params.hpp"

class CfgDebriefing
{
	class End1
	{
		title =	$STR_SORRY;
		subtitle = "";
		description = $STR_COMMANDER_NOT_AUTHORIZED;
		pictureBackground = "";
	};
};

//--------------------------------------------------------------
//------------------------AIS INJURY----------------------------
class CfgFunctions {
	#include "AIS\cfgFunctions.hpp"
};
#include "AIS\Effects\BarDlg.hpp"

Should be the standard settings as far as I can see. I only added the AIS stuff and changed "respawn button" to zero, but it did not change anything.

I have to be honest I dont even remember having a respawn button setting in the description.ext but it has been a while. Have you tried de-pboing or enabling script errors from launcher to see if something pops up. Could be cfgfunctions is already in another file. I will upload my version to compare later and see whats different.

• Thanks 1

Hi, is it a parameters to remove the impossibility to build a fob at less than 375m of a point of interest? Could be really nice to take fortification of some military base and also could help to have base on small island like in Malden.
Thanks

9 hours ago, Guillaume Massé said:

Hi, is it a parameters to remove the impossibility to build a fob at less than 375m of a point of interest? Could be really nice to take fortification of some military base and also could help to have base on small island like in Malden.
Thanks

https://github.com/KillahPotatoes/KP-Liberation/wiki/EN_FAQ#how-can-i-build-my-fobs-closer-to-sectors

12 hours ago, Rockapes said:

I have to be honest I dont even remember having a respawn button setting in the description.ext but it has been a while. Have you tried de-pboing or enabling script errors from launcher to see if something pops up. Could be cfgfunctions is already in another file. I will upload my version to compare later and see whats different.

respawn = 3;
respawndelay = 5;
respawnButton = 1;
disabledAI = true;

enableDebugConsole = 1;
allowFunctionsLog = 0;

loadScreen="res\liberation.jpg";
onLoadMission = "www.killahpotatoes.de";
author = "[GREUH] Zbug, [GREUH] McKeewa, [KP] Wyqer";
onLoadName = $STR_MISSION_TITLE;

joinUnassigned = 1;

#include "GREUH\UI\GREUH_interface.hpp"
#include "ui\liberation_interface.hpp"
#include "ui\liberation_notifications.hpp"
#include "ui\mission_params.hpp"
#include "AIS\Effects\BarDlg.hpp"

class CfgFunctions {
    #include "AIS\cfgFunctions.hpp"
};

class CfgDebriefing
{
    class End1
    {
        title =    $STR_SORRY;
        subtitle = "";
        description = $STR_COMMANDER_NOT_AUTHORIZED;
        pictureBackground = "";
    };
};

Thats Mine.. Works Fine

• Like 1

Can you guys add more ways to improve Civilian reputation?

Would be nice for example, a secondary mission with reward for improved civ reputation.

13 hours ago, Darkhound7 said:

respawn = 3;
respawndelay = 5;

Thats Mine.. Works Fine

I copied your config but it didn't change anything.

What I don't get is, that I can revive the AI just fine but its just me that doesn't get revived they was I should.
That tells me that the revive system is indeed working but something is messing with the player revive, like the BIS revive system still being half activated or something like this because the "force respawn" button is a part of the BIS revive system as far as I can see.

Could it be something that has to do with local hosting instead of a dedicated server?

7 hours ago, delta02cat said:

I copied your config but it didn't change anything.

What I don't get is, that I can revive the AI just fine but its just me that doesn't get revived they was I should.
That tells me that the revive system is indeed working but something is messing with the player revive, like the BIS revive system still being half activated or something like this because the "force respawn" button is a part of the BIS revive system as far as I can see.

Could it be something that has to do with local hosting instead of a dedicated server?

Did you Disable the standard revive?

In your mission params

class ReviveMode {
        title = $STR_A3_ReviveMode;
        isGlobal = 1;
        values[] = {-100,0,1};
        texts[] = {$STR_A3_MissionDefault, $STR_A3_Disabled, $STR_A3_EnabledForAllPlayers};
        default = 0; <-----------------------------------------------THIS
        function = "bis_fnc_paramReviveMode";

Nevermind I see from your first post you did disable it

Edited by Darkhound7
more

Im locally hosting a dedicated server and trying to get a HC to work with liberation as well, but everytime the HC tries to connect it get this error " You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.CUP_Misc3_Config, CUP_WarfareBuildings, CUP_StandaloneTerrains_Core_Faction, CUP_Editor_A2_Roads_Config, CUP_Editor_Plants_Config" I cant find these files in the CUP mod folders, only in the addons section of the liberation takistan .pbo. Are these even needed anymore? Am I looking in the wrong location? And why doesnt my client get kicked for the same issue? Seperate mod folders for client/HC but same files. I wouldnt ask here but my google-fu is lacking of late.

@Wyqer

Is it possible to transfer a saved map (in progress) from regular LAN/Internet server to a dedicated server? 

12 hours ago, KingOfTime said:

Im locally hosting a dedicated server and trying to get a HC to work with liberation as well, but everytime the HC tries to connect it get this error " You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.CUP_Misc3_Config, CUP_WarfareBuildings, CUP_StandaloneTerrains_Core_Faction, CUP_Editor_A2_Roads_Config, CUP_Editor_Plants_Config" I cant find these files in the CUP mod folders, only in the addons section of the liberation takistan .pbo. Are these even needed anymore? Am I looking in the wrong location? And why doesnt my client get kicked for the same issue? Seperate mod folders for client/HC but same files. I wouldnt ask here but my google-fu is lacking of late.

That is definitely a missing mod problem, it sounds like either the CUP Terrains - Core or the CUP Terrains - Maps is missing or not correctly added to the mod list of the HC.
Check the -mod parameter for your HC server, that should solve the issue.

@syphonix
Yes that is quite easy:
https://github.com/KillahPotatoes/KP-Liberation/wiki/EN_SavegamePort

10 hours ago, delta02cat said:

That is definitely a missing mod problem, it sounds like either the CUP Terrains - Core or the CUP Terrains - Maps is missing or not correctly added to the mod list of the HC.
Check the -mod parameter for your HC server, that should solve the issue.

Thank you so much. Sometimes you have to be told youre an idiot in order to figure anything out. There was a problem with my understanding as to how spaces in mod folder names are handled. Removing the spaces in the .bat and the mod folder names fixed it for me. I dont know if there was another way around this but I wanted to respond with how I fixed it in case someone googling this issue found this thread.

So I installed the AIS Revive system successfully on Liberation Altis, Malden and Chernarus and it works flawlessly. But not on X-Cam-Taunus.
Could anyone help me out and test this? Just quickly add AIS to the Liberation Taunus mission and kill yourself with AI in your squad and let them revive you.

Would be interesting to see if this works for anyone else on Taunus, if so it would be a local problem on my machine. Likely some left over save/config file from a previous mission save.

Hello

I have a problem. We have a small dedicated Arma 3 server with colleagues, we are beginners, and we are currently playing a mission Liberation. But whenever we take over 50% of cities server start crash, or starts to work incorrectly - opponents do not respown, or we cant capture any cities. When I stop the server and start it, or restart, I have to start everything from the beginning. We can not complete this mission. Serwer working 24/7 but after 2-3 days when are we playing we need restart bc happened again. I have access to Admin and debug console but I have no idea how to fix the error, or save mission so that after restarting you do not lose progress in the game.

Please help me.

RicoAMPL You must restart your server every 4-5 hours

25 minutes ago, jus61 said:

RicoAMPL You must restart your server every 4-5 hours

How to restart so as not to miss the progress of the mission ??? You can somehow save the progress of the mission ??? When I reboot I must always start everything again.