Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

Guten tag! The following issue has recently begun to pop up while playing the Taunus version of Liberation (0.963a): "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_BarGate2/UserActions/CloseDoors1.onlyForPlayer'."

This is a new problem for me.

CBA is the only mod that has changed recently, and that is due to an update. I do not use ACE, but I do use Enhanced Movement. All other mods are weapons and equipment.

Hi Wyqer. Is there a way to play mission in SP with save games - progress ? I mean no dedi server with 1 player - only SP mission 

@vagrantauthor

Nothing to worry about. It's safe to be closed upon display. Could be something in the terrain or a small thing in the mission.sqm made by the creator of the used chimera base on Taunus. But nothing which would break anything.

@sammael

No, it's not selectable in the SP scenarios. But you also don't need a dedicated server.

Just start the game as a local LAN MP game and you've a "singleplayer".

• Thanks 1

Heyo, have been playing liberation for a while and thanks for the continued development!

I was wondering if there was a workaround/fix for recruited AI squadmate resource costs being lost - for example you recruit a squad of AI with resources, disconnect, rejoin, the AI are gone and so are the resources :( 

1 hour ago, Not_Oliver said:

Heyo, have been playing liberation for a while and thanks for the continued development!

I was wondering if there was a workaround/fix for recruited AI squadmate resource costs being lost - for example you recruit a squad of AI with resources, disconnect, rejoin, the AI are gone and so are the resources :( 

You should only lose the squad/s if they are not within the safe area of a FOB, from memory 250 mtrs by default. Can you confirm if this is correct?

4 minutes ago, Rockapes said:

You should only lose the squad/s if they are not within the safe area of a FOB, from memory 250 mtrs by default. Can you confirm if this is correct?

Don't think so, I was at my FOB with my squad when I disconnected and they were gone when I started my local server up again :(

1 hour ago, Not_Oliver said:

Don't think so, I was at my FOB with my squad when I disconnected and they were gone when I started my local server up again :(

Oh, if it is your personal squad then you need to leave the squad before leaving the game. That issue I believe hasn't been fixed

Units are only saved in the FOB build area and if not member of a player squad.

Ungroup them from your squad via Zeus (ctrl+drag) before leaving the game (wait 1 minute after ungrouping).

After loading you can regroup them with the same procedure again.

• Like 2

Sara is the abbreviation for the Sahrani terrain.

Is it possible to add CUP vehicles/units to the build menu? 

How to prevent people from voting admin?

The voting threshold in the server settings is not stopping people from voting and becoming admin which is quite frustrating when I am offline.

How is this connected to Liberation? General ArmA questions should be asked where they belong and not in threads where the author of Mods/Missions answers very frequently.

I recommend you familiarize yourself with server configuration and administration.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Mission_voting

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

I've been trying to host this locally for me and a few friends, but when we finish for the night and exit it never saves our progress.

Is there something I'm missing? There's no way to continue where we left off in the last session.

Any assistance would be welcome.

It's important that you state two things:

• Which behaviour do you experience exactly?
  • Which behaviour do you expect?

New game starts. save button is grayed out on the escape menu. Assuming the save script that was implemented is working as it should, when I abort or suspend the server I should be able to 'resume' when I host it again.

There is no resume button, and none of our progress is saved. Is there another way to load the save after I close and exit the server I was hosting locally?

There is a save file in the location that the mod's wiki directed to, but the game doesn't seem to recognize it or find it.

I'm no expert, I don't know what else to tell you. I've tried moving the save file to a different mpmissions folder, reinstalling the mission, editing it myself to enable saves, etc.

That's fine so far, as the problem isn't the save system. Obviously you expect too much from the save system.

It doesn't save your current position or something. It saves which sectors you've captured, your FOBs with the buildings and vehicles near that FOB, your resources, your production and logistic settings and states, etc.

Ah, okay. I understand.

Still, a position save might be nice sometime, lol. Thanks for all of your help.

Real interesting mod. I like it a lot. Not too complicated, yet so many layers of nuance when you really start to grasp the logistical side of things.

If I wanted to host a server featuring KP Liberation what would it take? I can start with the canned stuff? How difficult is it to tune features? Mask (allow, deny, fiddle with) gear, weapons, vics, cost tables, etc? I gather a bit more in depth at the mod source/build level? In particular things like weather, NVG settings, crates found or production rates, garbage collection scripts, etc.

Thanks again!

@mwpowellhtx
As you're already familiar with the GitHub Repo of it, you can basically get everything there.

Get the release you want: https://github.com/KillahPotatoes/KP-Liberation/releases

Have a look in the wiki (which explains most adjustable things): https://github.com/KillahPotatoes/KP-Liberation/wiki

For further Questions concerning editing the mission to your liking, you should join our Discord: https://discord.gg/bpPUU48

On 5/6/2018 at 8:14 PM, D. Patterson said:

Any chance of getting Liberation for Timbelan?

Timbelan is a good map. I have ported it. Havent updated it to the latest lib yet. I will do it the next few days. I can throw it in Drop box or you can grab it from my steam page