Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

@SSG Garcia-506th IR a bit of a longshot..

1) Have you tested with a new 'dummy' profile? Just to check it's not your current player profile.

2) Have you checked the server log files?

I'll test KP 0.963 for Napf and see if I can replicate the issue.

1 hour ago, SSG Garcia-506th IR said:

Quick question,

I'm updating our server from version .960 to .963. I custom modify a few files so I wait for awhile between updates to do it.

I ported Napf over to liberation. It works fine with .960, but with .963 it gives me the error where you spawn on the island and it doesn't take you all the way to the actual start spot on the carrier. Usually this is the result of a missed piece of punctuation somewhere so I did some testing and the .963 version works fine with your stock Altis file, yet doesn't work with my ported Napf.

Altis works with both .960 and .963 (my modified versions)

Napf works with .960 (modified) but does NOT work with .963 (modified) or the stock .963 files.

What changed between .960 and .963 that could cause that kind of error for a ported map where the author is not intimately familiar with making liberation maps? I believe the issue to be the map based on my testing.

CHange your respawn markers name to just respawn.. You will see that yours is respawn_west.. Change it to respawn and you will be golden

• Like 3

On 3/24/2018 at 4:10 PM, D-man9000 said:

I've added some helicopters to the buy menu. When I build them, they dont' count against my cap, and when the server shuts down, they disappear. Is there another place where I need to define the cap-restricted units(jets/choppers)?

Edit: I can't even recycle this helicopter.

We're using CUP units. I've added their DAP into the game. That's what's giving me issues.

Just to followup on this issue, other choppers from CUP work fine.

So if I buy the DAP, it takes my resources, but it doesn't actually count as a helicopter, and thus will be lost when the server stops. I've commented it out for now, so people don't accidentally buy it, so it's not a big deal.

It's acting like the starting littlebirds, where they don't count against my helicopter cap. The only difference being that it won't respawn.

Having just recently started playing this great mission I had a similar experience as the above post mentioned and that is.

I had finally liberated one town and I had a busted down Hummer and a respawn medic truck parked in the town.

And I came back on a resume the mission, both vehicles were gone.

So my question is is that normal or did the mission maker intend for me to keep those vehicles to continue.

Well, they'd have to be at a FOB to be saved. In my case, it doesn't matter where the chopper is. It won't save, I can't recycle it(even with a salvage depot) and it doesn't take up a chopper slot.

Well, they'd have to be at a FOB to be saved.

...that's good to know.

Thanks.

On 3/25/2018 at 4:59 PM, Darkhound7 said:

CHange your respawn markers name to just respawn.. You will see that yours is respawn_west.. Change it to respawn and you will be golden

20 hours ago, Wyqer said:

@SSG Garcia-506th IR

@Darkhound7 is right with his hint.

Have a look at the changelog of 0.962: https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:Changelog#0962-10th-december-2017

This change is also in the actual devkit, so I guess you've used an old one.

Thank you so much guys, that fixed it right off the bat! And yeah Wyqer I popped open an old one for this.

Is anyone interested in my Napf port? I made it pretty difficult specifically for our guys so you might want to edit it a little, but if there's interest I'll be happy to link the mission.sqm

On 3/26/2018 at 11:00 PM, Rockapes said:

Wld love to see your Napf version mate

Here's the mission.sqm, working perfectly on .963

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RZdy73tarfcc-1nT9WjFQHnfrpC07RhZ

Map is here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30518&highlight=NAPF

I have the difficulties cranked up pretty high, and give them huge compounds with multiple military markers and respawnable stuff for them to mess around with. So it'll need to be tweaked a bit for regular usage, but most of the work is done! Also note the carrier has F/A-18s on it, so the mod linked on the front page is required. We also run with RHS, and it has some RHS assets on the ground.

any way to set it up so that you can remove/recycle helipads? so that if you or someone else places it in the wrong place you can remove it and fix it placement?

No, not really. Helipads are "special".

That you can't "interact" with them concerning recycle etc. is the reason why they are added to the zeus interface. To have a possibility to delete them.

"Small" Announcement

I'm planning on releasing one last update for the current Liberation framework on the 11th April 2018 or maybe one day later as version 0.963a.

This will add some performance tweaks, the Tanks DLC classnames, a parameter save/load functionality, some smaller things and also a bugfix from @Cre8or for the misplacement of FOB buildings after you load a saved campaign.

The work on the full refactoring of the framework is still running and will propably be released in a few  months as 0.97. It's a huge task to rewrite the whole code in a totally different structure and from a different point of view, especially if you do something in your spare time as a hobby project beside going to university and having a job. So I estimate that 0.97 will be released before fall this year, but don't expect it next month or something.

One important aspect to the planned 0.963a is, that it'll be the last release from my side which is under the MIT license. So it can be used/edited/published/etc. from everyone without real restrictions beside of the condition of keeping a "License and copyright notice".

With 0.97 the whole framework will be, with kind permission from zBug as creator and developer of the first Liberation mission until 0.924, published under the GNU General Public License v3.0.

The conditions of this license are:

• License and copyright notice:
    A copy of the license and copyright notice must be included with the software.
  • State changes:
    Changes made to the code must be documented.
  • Disclose source:
    Source code must be made available when the software is distributed.
  • Same license:
    Modifications must be released under the same license when distributing the software. In some cases a similar or related license may be used.

The decision to change the license is mostly because of the additional conditions of "state changes" and "disclose source".

I'm a huge fan of open source and in the past many people used the framework in its continued development stages, which is great and a huge compliment for the mission in its state, but some people also do this even without the MIT condition and may edit or add things to their version without a public access to their source code (besides unPBO'ing the mission and looking yourself).

It hasn't just happened once that someone asks me for support, then I asked about a list of changes they've made (GitHub commit history for example) and the answer was analogously "It's in a private repository so that others can't steal the things we've added to be better than other server admins. Can't give you access, sorry".

Also if players join the KP Liberation Discord and seek for support it happens that they use a derivative published in the workshop from someone (which is totally fine) but he doesn't get answers from the derivative creator. Mostly these people don't have a public repository where I could see the changes made to be able to provide support even if I've not done that particular derivative. So they mostly get a unsatisfying "ask the particular publisher via some way", because the support team and I can't give support to versions without disclosed source.

At the beginning I also started by modifying the mission for my community and doing some contributions to zBugs repository. Then I just thought "Well, why not sharing it with everyone? Maybe some people like and use it in one way or another". And the mission has gone a good way since the last year of development. Much more then I've ever expected. This wouldn't be the case if I would've done this in a small private chamber without letting others have a look at my work.

And with the GNU GPLv3 the disclosed source will be a "hardcoded condition" if someone starts working on it in an own derivative.

There are some concessions for private communities with private servers, which are listed in this Short License Summary on GitHub.

Rolling changelog (so not yet finished) for 0.963a:

• Like 6

It's funny that both of the missions I tend to play whenever I load A3 were originally made by @zbug; Liberation and Clashpoint.

Regardless, thank you @Wyqer and all the others involved in keeping this thing alive. Your modifications to this mission have been greatly appreciated, as is the work you continue to do. Take your time, and try not to lose the love of the game!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vagrantauthor said:

Your modifications to this mission have been greatly appreciated, as is the work you continue to do. Take your time, and try not to lose the love of the game!

I agree. This new found mission is just the type I enjoy. It has all the elements that make it so fun, Sniping, Launchering (what? that's not a word!), house to house clearing, day-night ops, all rolled up into a highly configurable scenario.

• Like 1

v0.963a released

• Added: Action to raise/lower object while building. Thanks to darrell-aevum
  • Added: Some classnames to arsenal allowed extension list. Thanks to madpat3
  • Added: Functionality to save/load mission parameters. Thanks to veteran29
  • Added: Presets for: RDS Civilians, Project OPFOR SLA and Project OPFOR RACS. Thanks to PSYKO-nz
  • Added: Automatic mission pbo build tool (available on GitHub). Thanks to Dahlgren and veteran29
  • Added: Tanks DLC classnames for presets.
  • Added: Group diag output for serverlog.
  • Added: Debug output for group count and amount of active scripts. Liberation starts with [13,70,0,1] and may rise to [70,70,0,1].
  • Added: Notification for incoming guerilla forces when attacking a sector.
  • Added: Vehicle chance for guerilla forces who approach a sector.
  • Added: Traditional Chinese localization. Thanks to KOEI5113
  • Removed: Some old scripts which aren't needed anymore.
  • Tweaked: All spawn compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers replaced with execVM.
  • Tweaked: All createGroup now with activated deleteWhenEmpty.
  • Tweaked: All BIS_fnc_relPos replaced with getPos.
  • Tweaked: Guerilla forces event chances, strength gain values and unit amounts.
  • Tweaked: The Commander / Admin can now change the permissions of offline players.
  • Tweaked: BI Revive is now automatically deactivated if ACE Medical is loaded.
  • Tweaked: FPS map marker is now below the map and also shows count of local groups.
  • Fixed: Placement of buildings after save/load. Thanks to Cre8or
  • Fixed: Sometimes helicopters exploded when spawning on the deck of the USS Freedom.
  • Fixed: Players couldn't ziptie the civilian informant, if playing with ACE.

Download via the Steam Workshop or on the GitHub Release Page

It'll stay in a seperate branch and won't be merged into the master branch (to ensure a merging of 0.97 later without too much conflicts)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wyqer said:

v0.963a released

Wow that was quick! And one day before you originally said, nice work :)

Haven't played in a while so I can't wait to dive into all the updates.  Thanks @Wyqer

Edit: Tanks DLC doesn't release until tomorrow :'(

• Like 1

Nice service to your mission, just love it.

I've been procrastinating my thoughts about a couple of things. Now I wished I had have jotted them down in this thread. Oh well it's never too late and not really a big deal.

My buddy and I spawned at our fob, and then we had to quit for the day, when we returned later all of our equipment that we had put into our vehicles was replaced by a generic conglomeration of ammo and weapons. I was wondering if you could look into the resume game and have everything be just as it was when we left? As far as stocking up on weapons ammo and gear.

Thanks much

btw, the ability to save the parameters on game resume is really a nice feature, even though it can be edited in the HPP file inside your mission, let's just makes it so much easier!

On 24.03.2018 at 9:10 PM, D-man9000 said:

I've added some helicopters to the buy menu. When I build them, they dont' count against my cap, and when the server shuts down, they disappear. Is there another place where I need to define the cap-restricted units(jets/choppers)?

Edit: I can't even recycle this helicopter.

We're using CUP units. I've added their DAP into the game. That's what's giving me issues.

I have the same problem with F/A-18 Super Hornet mod (which is officialy recomended for this mission). Can not recycle the Hornet and it dissapears on server restart even if at a FOB. Any fix for it?

Did you load the mod on the server?
If yes, join the discord and provide a serverlog there.

I'll see if I have a log from when we were trying. We just conceded and pulled the DAP out of the buy menu.

In this case, yes, the server has the mod(CUP Vehicles) loaded, we're using other vehicles from it just fine.

Added: Functionality to save/load mission parameters.

... this function doesn't seem to work. I see the text for save/load. There doesn't seem to be a way to "save" the parameters. I can elaborate with pics if you need but I gotta get to playin' !!!

Set your parameters in the way you want them and change the first option in the parameters from "load" to "save".

Start the mission and as the "load" is the default value, it'll load your now saved values after every start. It don't change the parameters in the "parameters overview" after a restart. It'll be applied from the saved data after you've started the mission.

• Like 1