Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

I edited the opfor presets after the game had started (we captured about 7 areas) to merge the RHS w/ the APEX vehicles to add some variety. The server map loads with us on an island alone with everything red again, unless I revert back to the unaltered preset. Is it true that I can't edit any 'presets' after the game has started (just trying to add variety)?

@RaphT
Infantry units (squads) are only saved if they're near a FOB, not in a player squad and not in the cargo of a vehicle.

@7akata

No it's not true. (Who said that this is true?)

You made a syntax mistake with your edits. Have a look at this:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:FAQ#why-do-i-spawn-on-the-spawn-island-with-no-functions

hey mate, I'm having some trouble with the whitelist, I have copied over the exact steam ids from our last liberation where the whitelist worked fine and the commander whitelist option is enabled in the mission but the whitelist is not working and I can't figure out why, any ideas as to what the problem maybe?

DISREGARD...

forgot to edit the other file, here it is for reference

Spoiler

Allow only specific players access

\scripts\client\actions\action_manager.sqf -> Lines 230 and 242

&& (player == ([] call F_getCommander) || [] call F_isAdmin)

to:

&& ((getPlayerUID player) in KP_liberation_logistic_whitelist)

whitelist.sqf

add to the end:

KP_liberation_logistic_whitelist = [ "SteamID64", "SteamID64", "SteamID64" ];

8 hours ago, Wyqer said:

@7akata

No it's not true. (Who said that this is true?)

You made a syntax mistake with your edits. Have a look at this:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:FAQ#why-do-i-spawn-on-the-spawn-island-with-no-functions

Aye, years later I still forget the simplest mistakes sometimes. Thank you VERY much for a beautiful mission.

Love this MOD   I have one question. I am running this on a dedicated server. Last week we had to do a RESTART on the server. We had a lot of progress on the Island. But...when we did the restart of the server we lost ALL of the progress and had to start over recapturing the Island. Is the a way to save the progress in the case of a restart of the server. 

Hi,

the save game are located here (linux)

./.local/share/Arma 3 - Other Profiles/Player/Player.vars.Arma3Profile

just copy this file somewhere to have a 'backup' of your progression

Btw, I also work on  my own, on the Liberation mission  with another vision (https://github.com/tbox1911/Ultimate-Liberation)

And I have a strange behaviour, when I try to port the mission on Malden Island.

The  script

scripts/shared/kill_manager.sqf

seem to not be executed,  by example when I kill a civilian (penalty msg not fired) (no error in rpt)

it's exactly the same code I use for the  Altis island and it's work fine,.

I suspect something I miss with the eden editor.

Is  some one can help me with this issue ?

Hi,

thanks a lot for the reply :)  (i'm a bit alone !)

I see your change (in github) concerning the ACE module,   but I don't use ACE in my version.

did you do something specific when you port the mission to another island ?

I've put some hint/systemchat  in the kill_manager but it's seems not be  fired. (I dont know why )

I'll try this evening with your malden mission.sqm, to check if problem still here

No, the mission.sqms don't need anything which would be connected to the kill manager.

that's what I thought, but as I was stuck ....

my debug was wrong kill_manager is well called, but somehow the civilan is tagged as bluefor ??

precision : it's not only the civilian, opfor is also taged as blufor ?!

it's strange, I don't modify this part of code and I have no issue on Altis

anyway, thanks for the help ;)

at top of kill_manger, I put

diag_log format ["DBG: Killed : %1 %2 - Killer : %3 %4", _unit, side _unit, _killer, side _killer];

The I've got :

// soldiers
  DBG: Killed : O Alpha 2-1:4 CIV - Killer : B Alpha 4-3:1 (pSiKO) WEST
  DBG: Killed : O Alpha 2-1:6 CIV - Killer : B Alpha 4-3:1 (pSiKO) WEST

// pickup
  DBG: Killed : 113a96040# 620490: offroad_01_hmg_f.p3d CIV - Killer : B Alpha 4-3:1 (pSiKO) WEST

// civil
  DBG: Killed : O Alpha 2-2:1 CIV - Killer : B Alpha 4-3:1 (pSiKO) WEST

Edited by pSiKO
precision

Thanks pSIKO  but it is a windows machine and in the server files there is nothing of the sort there . What I am trying to figure out is how to back up the mission on a DEDICATED server. So far I have come up with ZERO !  To have this MOD and MISSION run smoothly the server needs to be restarted from time to time. So with that said I am still at a lose. But thanks again for the reply

i really like the evolution of this mission, good job @Wyqer!

is it possible to outsource the whitelist.sqf like the server restart thingy (myPass.hpp(arma3root/userconfig/restart)) in this case a whole userconfigdir like liberation with myPass.hpp/whitelist etc inside.

i think that would be very handy, no more hassle to edit it manually and repack the pbo.

@targetdummy

The mission saves every minute to the server profile file. And it's of course persistent through server restarts. It only resets the save if you change the profile of the server or if you enable both "wipe save" parameters in the mission parameters.

If it don't save on your server, you should recheck your server configuration. Make sure you've set a profiles and a name parameter in the startup parameters.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters#Profile_Options

@yxman

Sure it's possible. Rename the whitelist.sqf to whitelist.hpp and move it to the userconfig folder for example.

And then just edit https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/blob/master/Missionframework/scripts/client/commander/enforce_whitelist.sqf#L1

to: call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\userconfig\whitelist.hpp";

• Like 1

@targetdummy: 

The file you need to backup is called xxxx.vars.Arma3Profile,  where xxx stand for the profile name.

Can be located in :

Windows dedicate server : D:\A3_Server\A3Master\Users\pSiKO\pSiKO.vars.Arma3Profile

Linux Dedicated (default profile) :  /home/A3serv/.local/share/Arma 3 - Other Profiles/Player/Player.vars.Arma3Profile

Hope it help

22 hours ago, Wyqer said:

No, the mission.sqms don't need anything which would be connected to the kill manager.

Believe it or not , when I put only you mission.sqm  into my pbo (all the rest is untouched)

That works !! (I can find a reason !)

of course, in term of gameplay the  mission is broken, but the logic work again, if you have a clue about that

I miss something in the editor, but what ???

Ok, I found it ! 

I move the "bluefor lhd" marker  closer to Chimera base and it works !

Edited by pSiKO
found it !

Please have look about this, may be it is mission glitch?

Also I have strange long explosion series of civilian cars, it can explode like this many minutes:

where can i find mission difficulty  config in mission and is it changeble for more agressivity    (i need more strong enemy) how to edit it?

1 hour ago, otarius-big said:

where can i find mission difficulty  config in mission and is it changeble for more agressivity    (i need more strong enemy) how to edit it?

you have two options in the parameters file

Difficulty = 1.25;                // Difficulty - [default 1] - values = [0.5,0.75,1,1.25,1.5,2,4,10]
                          Aggressivity = 2;                 // CSAT aggression - [default 1] - values = [0.25,0.5,1,2,4]

i know but i want incloude in server cfg next parametrs it possible?   will this settings work?

btc_p_set_skill_general = 1;
                btc_p_set_skill_aimingAccuracy = 1;
                btc_p_set_skill_aimingShake = 1;
                btc_p_set_skill_aimingSpeed = 1;
                btc_p_set_skill_endurance = 1;
                btc_p_set_skill_spotDistance = 1;
                btc_p_set_skill_spotTime = 1;
                btc_p_set_skill_courage = 1;
                btc_p_set_skill_reloadSpeed = 1;
                btc_p_set_skill_commanding = 1;

@otarius-big
First of all: I answer always as soon as I've time for it on the Workshop, Discord, GitHub and this thread. So no need to copy/paste your posting here additionally on my profile on the forums (post is deleted by the way).

These variable values (haven't you already asked the same thing in the past?) aren't from Liberation neither are they from vanilla ArmA. So I would suggest you ask the creator of the script, from where these variables are from, where, when and how you should declare them in a mission etc. to get the script working.

So the answer haven't changed since the following posting:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey @Wyqer I thought I had read somewhere that you can disable resistance fighters but cant seem to find where I thought I had read it. Is it possible?

Cheers 

Hi Wyqer.

Are there any chance to change RHS CH47 transport helo and littlebirds to another model like RHS USMC UH-1Y and CH-53?

If is possible, which are the files I have to change please.

I'm porting this great enviroment to Aliabad Valley and Hazar-Kot Valley. In Aliabad Valley I want to use USMC vehicles as far I used CUP LHD as main base.

Any help will be welcome.

Great work keeping this kind of mission alive!!!

Best regards.

Martin