Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

@Wyqer , thank you for your time and patience, I have managed to narrow the problem down to a bad pre-set, (It was a , its allways a , or a ; in my missions hahaha) thank you for all your help and support and the links for this issue. you are a legend! thanks again :)

i have learned a lot as well, which means that this little problem has been worth it

• Like 1

You're welcome. Glad that you've fixed the issue. I know how annoying it can be if a , or a ; is missing somewhere and you've to search for this.

Have fun with the mission :)

Hi there! I've just setup a new liberation mission on tanoa (v0.962). I ran into the following issue:

I started the mission, built the first FOB and took over the first (small) city (all by myself using full Zeus for testing purposes).

Everything went fine so far. However, after I'd taken over the small city (controlbar changed to blue, and the taken over message appeared), the addAction for building a storage area is not available.

I tried again with another objective, but it seems that buildig storage areas is not possible.

Rights are set properly. Wipe of savegames didn't help. The issue occurs both on dedicated server and locally hosted mission.

Any ideas? Thanx!

In this new version players can no longer revive other players, is there something extra I should change?

Here are my settings. I don't use Ace or any other mods on server.

class ReviveMode {
        title = $STR_A3_ReviveMode;
        isGlobal = 1;
        values[] = {-100,0,1};
        texts[] = {$STR_A3_MissionDefault, $STR_A3_Disabled, $STR_A3_EnabledForAllPlayers};
        default = 1;
        function = "bis_fnc_paramReviveMode";

@grollig

Guess you've missed the changelog 2 versions before.

Tweaked: Cities won't be able to produce resources anymore.

You've to capture factories.

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/DE:Sektoren

@RocknRollaUK

Since switching to the vanilla ArmA revive system in 0.93 there was no change to this through the mission. And everything connected to the revive system is in the hands of BI. Maybe the last patch changed something?

Have a look at this one (personally I use ACE and not the BI Revive System):

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:FAQ#parameters-set-correctly-but-non-medics-cant-revive-with-medikit

1 hour ago, Wyqer said:

@grollig

Thank you for the quick reply, Wyqer. You're right, I totally missed that change!

However, the german WIKI still says, that you have to conquer CITIES and FACTORIES for a considerable and constand supply, so this was a little misleading.

The WIKI also says that each sector type has its own unique advantages. At the moment I don't see any unique advantage capturing a (small) city sector, other than I will find a few random crates there (and will have to get them to a FOB by a player driven truck or helicopter, to make use of them). Okay... there's also a gain in civilian reputation (given i don't kill too many of them while capturing the town) and the chance of a civilian informant spawning to get some intel points. But aside from that I don't see an advantage from small city sectors.

Could you please confirm, that factories are the only sectors we can build storage areas and produce resources now? Just to make sure I correctly understand these new mission mechanics. Thank you!

And by the way: You're doing a really great job at Liberation. We really appreciate the time and effort you put in this and we had so much fun playing these missions in the past four month!

On 12/12/2017 at 10:22 PM, DruidicRifleman said:

Ugh projix...

again If you Don't wanna Do the logistics stuff

Just go into the every cost value thing to 00,00,00 in the Bluefor config file. Then don't care about logistics.

I think you completely miss the point, stop spamming your nonsense and get some reading comprehension.

@Wyqer I am implementing a switchable system. It's not going to be exactly like the old one, I am keeping all of the resource costs, so I will be tweaking the caps.
I also removed all passive ammunition income and made it so that you get ammunition only from bounties, so without killing enemy stuff it is impossible to get anything. So it penalizes you heavily for being reckless - for example if you get a Wipeout, then just to pay back the cost you have to blow up 10-20 tanks and so on. Once I test it and it actually works, I'll publish it, maybe it'll make it into your main branch, who knows - I am trying to make everything modular and touch as little as possible in the mission.

@grollig

1 hour ago, grollig said:

german WIKI still says, that you have to conquer CITIES and FACTORIES

Oh, thanks for the hint. I'll change it.

The WIKI also says that each sector type has its own unique advantages

Cities will get (after they can't produce resources anymore) functionalities which are connected to the civil reputation / resistance system in the next patches. Liberation is still in development and not even nearly at a 1.0 state :)

Could you please confirm, that factories are the only sectors

Exactly

And by the way: ...

I'm glad that you're enjoying the mission and I'm happy if I'm able to help with something. As said before, the mission is still far away from being "finished, polished and balanced", but I'm still on it and I'm very confident that Liberation will hit the 1.0 in maybe one year.

@projix

20 minutes ago, projix said:

I am implementing a switchable system

20 minutes ago, projix said:

Once I test it and it actually works, I'll publish it

Glad to hear you want to start this task. If you fork the repo, you could for sure contribute changes back to the master repo, so I could review it for a possible implementation. Or you give me a hint via discord or in this thread, and I'll have a look at your work.

If you've questions or need help/hints, just let me know and I'll see how I may be able to help/answer your questions.

Thank you, so far I am doing alright. I think I got most of it done apart from the build menu working against the alternate resource counters (both building as well as the visual greyed out part when you haven't enough resources available).

Next step - hoping I did not forget a ";" somewhere and debugging. I am 100% sure the first build won't work at all at, as I've not done any major development in Arma 3 before. I do have 20 years of software development experience though, so that helps a little.

Hey, 

it is me again!:)

I am starting to delve deep into the mod, enjoying a lot of it and i am actually kinda addicted to it (that: just one more base, one more supply crate, one more-whatever theme going on^^).

Started to finally set up some basic logistics untill i noticed that most of our guys have been rather...carelessly, with civilians, killing them, mortaring towns, etc.

Naturally, and understandably, the civilians take no shit and now start attacking out supply convoys. As we are only a small group of 6 people or so, we dont have the manpower to divide all the attention to conquering and defending at the same time.

Is there a way to edit the civilian reputation in the server file somehow? I want to reduce it a little (not after giving them a mighty slap in the face about how we should deal with civilians). I wanted to make that edit once so we get a new chance. If they fuck it up again, they have to deal with it^^

I have implemented the alternative resource system.

On first glance things seem to be working alright, but more testing is needed still.

The diff is here: https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/compare/master...prj:master

The branch itself is here: https://github.com/prj/kp_liberation

To enable the system, select "Alternative income" in the mission params, otherwise everything works like standard. The savegame is compatible, but it will not autodelete your storage areas.
When the alternative
management is selected:
* The supply is a cap based system, anything you build uses some supply, up to your maximum cap. Your cap depends on the amount of towns you are controlling.
* The fuel is the same as the supply, but it depends on the amount of factories (gasoline sign) you are controlling
* Ammo is your currency. You earn it by blowing up enemy vehicles, there is no passive income.
* If a friendly vehicle is destroyed the supply and fuel is refunded, but the ammo is not.
* If a friendly vehicle is recycled everything is refunded
* If an enemy vehicle is recycled you get ammo based on the magazine of the vehicle
* Removed helipads, flight control towers, hangars - air vehicles no longer need those to be built
* Removed recycle buildings - you can always recycle near a fob
* Added bounty system from the older liberation version to earn ammunition.

* Removed all the spawning resource boxes and storage areas

I tried to balance it reasonably, but I am sure more balancing is needed. Also, more playtesting is needed, but everything seems to be OK so far without errors.
SQF synax is horrible though... took me more than 10 hours to do this, way longer than needed, but then I never coded anything for arma before.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2017 at 6:31 PM, Wyqer said:

@grollig

@RocknRollaUK

Since switching to the vanilla ArmA revive system in 0.93 there was no change to this through the mission. And everything connected to the revive system is in the hands of BI. Maybe the last patch changed something?

Have a look at this one (personally I use ACE and not the BI Revive System):

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:FAQ#parameters-set-correctly-but-non-medics-cant-revive-with-medikit

Thanks for reply.

Hi again Wyqer, been loving this mission even more since you helped me sort out customising it, however, I have one request... is there any way we could have the simplified arma repair option back in the game? we use ace but after a big session on the server last night a lot of the boys were asking if we could have it back as an option. we play with ace but prefer the simplified service (we still use ace if we need to fix something) but parking up near a Nemera or the trucks/containers is much easier for them (im the squad engineer, so its easy for me either way, plus they don't carry toolkits - apparently that's my only use, to fix what they break)

also, when adding units/vehicles to the list is there a way to specify what colour of it you want to have? ie the green armed wildcat instead of the camo one?

Hi , so i tried playing lan with some friend . In the loading screen the host didn't have any error but the other have an error saying res/kpflag cannot load and they can enter the map with the music starting but there are no intro and there are no menu for respawning 

is there any way to resolve this issue?

11 hours ago, Bopbop said:

Hi , so i tried playing lan with some friend . In the loading screen the host didn't have any error but the other have an error saying res/kpflag cannot load and they can enter the map with the music starting but there are no intro and there are no menu for respawning 

What map are you playing? And where did you get it?

Hi there.. mode works great, super fun.

Saving has worked for us, except for our vehicles all despawned except the Huron.. all vehicles we set inside FOB. We didn't get resources either.. 

Hey guys,

I'm very busy with moving to a new flat since saturday. So I wasn't really able to cover the forum, discord, GitHub in the last days. And I'm "really back" at the end of the week, I guess. But now I've a little bit of free time to answer the posts here :)

On 16.12.2017 at 10:26 AM, phantagor said:

Is there a way to edit the civilian reputation in the server file somehow?

Run this via debug console on the server:

// Replace X with the value. Range from -100 to 100.
KP_liberation_civ_rep = X;

22 hours ago, Bopbop said:

The kp_flag message is "normal" for the joining clients. They haven't received the missionfile from the host and therefore they don't have the resource with the picture. Nothing to worry about.

And the "loading screen stay, but the music start" is connected with the connection between the clients and the host, as all the data has to be synced etc.

Sometimes on our dedicated server some people who join a running game which is online since one hour for example also experience a "loading screen waiting time" of 5-8 seconds. Just be a little patient.

4 hours ago, ghosteez said:

our vehicles all despawned except the Huron

Which vehicles exactly? Did you park them near a FOB (not the carrier or the chimera base)? Enemy, Civilian, zeus placed or built vehicles from the build menu?

I was wondering how this mission sets the AI difficulty as we appear to be having issues with enemy vehicles just not spotting targets or failing to engage. We've set the recommended custom difficulty outlined in the Github but that doesn't seem to be doing much.

Something also observed was that - when setting the AI difficulty of a specific unit with Zeus - the jet (for example) would begin to act as normal but around 10 seconds later would be reset to an AI skill of just above 0. I'm wondering if there's anything in the mission that actively sets AI skill or if it's all taken from the server custom difficulty setting?

Great mission by the way. Thanks!

Since 0.96 there is nothing in the mission which will affect the individual AI skills.

Wich version do you play? If you play pre 0.96 I recommend to update to the latest (0.962) version.

If you play a individual mission from another creator which used the KP Liberation framework for an own derivative and published it, than you should contact that specific creator as I can't and won't provide support for derivatives of other creators.

• Thanks 1

We're on the latest from December 10th - 0.962 on Lythium.

We'll take a look at the mods perhaps. Thanks for the help.

Hello, is there a way to change the cost of units?  I have found that I can barely afford to purchase enough soldiers to cap towns early on.  Thanks!

@proffrink

Could be something with the mods, yeah.

If you can't identify the mod which may affect this you could post your full modlist here and we'll have a look if the hive mind finds something.

@flighttime95

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:ConfigFiles#presetsbluforopforresistancecivilianscustomsqf

You wouldn't happen to know if the ACE medical system overhauls the medical/revive system included with KP Liberation?  Or do I have to disable the medical/revive system within KP Liberation in order for example have the AI heal themselves/lose consciousness via the ACE Medical System? 

5 hours ago, flighttime95 said:

ACE medical system overhauls the medical/revive system included with KP Liberation

The medical system in Liberation is the vanilla BI Revive System

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Revive

If you play with ACE, you have to disable that system to play with the ACE medical system without issues. You can disable the BI Revive system in the mission parameters from the MP Lobby (logged in admin, mission not started) or by editing the parameter default values in the mission.

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:ConfigFiles#uimission_paramshpp