Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

Hey there.

Glad you enjoy the mission, even if it's not finished yet :)

Concerning your questions:

1. + 2.

I would recommend to read the wiki on GitHub.
https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki
There you'll find detailed explanations for the resource production and logistic system. Also informations about the config files inside the pbo where you'll have much more tweak possibilities. All commented inside the files, of course. Have a look at the "For Admins" section in the wiki for this. You've to edit the preset file to add other vehicles etc. Or you could create a new one and contribute it via pull request on GitHub for the Iraqi-Syrian Conflict mod. Would really appreciate preset contributions. In the kp_liberation_config.sqf you can select the presets than.

In Liberation there are no scripts or settings which affect the individual AI soldiers. So what you're experience should be the "normal ArmA behaviour".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

0.962 Released

• Added: ACE carry interaction for resource crates. Thanks to veteran29
  • Added: Some additional debug outputs.
  • Added: RHS AFRF Preset for the player side. Thanks to veteran29
  • Added: Lythium basefile. Thanks to Enigma
  • Added: Portuguese localization. Thanks to NomadRomeo
  • Added: BW Mod Tropentarn preset.
  • Added: Project OPFOR Islamic State enemy preset and Project OPFOR resistance preset. Thanks to Applejakerie
  • Updated: RHS transport configs.
  • Updated: RHS vehicles in presets.
  • Updated: Devkit mission.sqm.
  • Tweaked: Wounded civilians event. Thanks to veteran29
  • Tweaked: Extended allowed items extension list with some bwmod classnames. Thanks to madpat3
  • Tweaked: Detection of UAVs. Thanks to veteran29
  • Tweaked: Enemy vehicle crew spawning. Ensure that they'll be on the right side (important for red vs blue). Thanks to veteran29
  • Tweaked: If you enter the arsenal with a packed weapon or UAV backpack, it won't be identified as blacklisted anymore.
  • Tweaked: FOB container mass now scales with the selected spartan helicopter maximum load. Thanks to veteran29
  • Tweaked: Removed clutter and AI from the USS Freedom on all maps.
  • Tweaked: Cleaned all custom placed places on all maps some more and renamed the respawn marker from respawn_west to respawn.
  • Tweaked: Increased the distance of the Little Bird spawnpoints on the USS Freedom and let them facing to the front.
  • Tweaked: Some typos in the german stringtable. Thanks to gqgunhed
  • Tweaked: The US Army woodland troops got the new OCP and were able to throw away their old UCP.
  • Fixed: Wounded civilian animation in dedicated server environment. Thanks to veteran29
  • Fixed: With ACE you could take unconscious AI as POW.
  • Fixed: You couldn't handcuff surrendered AI with ACE zipties.
  • Fixed: Guerilla could spawn as neutral combatants.
  • Fixed: Unloading crates from vehicles could let them sink into the ground since the last ArmA Update.

New Lythium mission on the workshop

Released pbos at GitHub

• Like 4

ok so I tried the scroll wheel on the wounded civ and nothing happened, that's fine, I assume that I'm running and out of date version on the server, so I have one more question...

if I download the newest version and I upload it to my server WITHOUT LOSING MY CURRENT PROGRESS?

or will it be erased when I update and ill have to start again?

one more thing, keep up the good work, this is the most epic game mode I've played

Hey there,

in fear of asking something that has already been answered several times (but at least i used the search function): is there a way to reinforce or fortify outposts or the like? I can build at FOB, naturally, but at any other thing, it seems i am only able to build a storage area. 

We are playing on a dedicated server with only around 5 r 6 players maximum, so naturally, it is hard to be everywhere and therefor i just want to make it harder for the enemy to take over points buy spending time and fortifying them.

Is there a way to do so? I am really quite new to the mod, so i am very sorry if i ask some obvious questions :)

@PSYKO_nz

You're save concerning the update, yes.

As there are some small tweaks at the presets you may loose a very small amount of units (if you use one of the RHS presets), but nothing "game breaking".

For a better understanding concerning the versioning I recommend reading this very tiny article which will make the "system" easily understandable:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:Versioning

@phantagor

That kind of feature was considered in the past and is still in a "pending" state. As the cities don't produce resources anymore (because at midgame you had a big resource overflow mostly) they will get also new features in the future which are connected to civil reputation and resistance etc.

Concerning fortifying sectors to defend them against the enemy there is indeed planned a kind of "garrison system" which will replace the current "blufor defenders" parameter functionality, which just spawns some soldiers on a sector attack. Additional to this garrison system there could be the possibility to build some "upgrades" for the sector. Still something what I have to conceptualize in detail, but you can expect something in this direction at 0.97 (guess spring 2018) which also comes with a complete code refactoring.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DruidicRifleman said:

Yay i get to reconfig two missions wooot wooot wooot!

7 hours ago, Nightwolf2112 said:

You and me both mate. Lol

Right with ya there gents. Pinged all morning from players.. Uprading? Ill at least do 2 to keep them busy while I do the others

Is there a simple way to revert to the 0.924 resource system? Or something similar?

The logistic system is somewhat a nuisance IMO... It detracts from the overall experience - the vehicles are not simulated regardless and when you only have a few people on the server it means one person has to sit and click nonstop.

It's the reason I still run the 0.924 version with some mods, rather than this one :/

I know the "civil" stuff probably won't work, but that's not that important for us.

If there is no interest from the author's side, I probably will have to copy paste something together myself from the two versions, and add a runtime option for "old resource management".

• Like 1

No, there is no "basic way". That would need many edits in the mission code.

As you've tested the system and don't like it, I guess you're aware of that there is no need for "one person has to sit and click nonstop"?

If I'm wrong.... here is the explanation for a passive income replacement for smaller groups with the current logistic system:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:Logistic#creating-a-passive-income

But sure, you're free to combine aspects of each versions you find, as it's all under the MIT License with the only condition of License and copyright notice. And the old 0.924 version is still available. Also there are some other creators who started own derivates of Liberation. So basically no real need to stick to my version.

Ugh projix...
Just go into the every thing to 00,00,00 in the Bluefor config file. done.

That said yeah It actually takes Less effort to maintain the logistics Just you need to Once or twice in an 8 hour gaming seasion Think about what your doing before Building something you can't just build vehicles with reckless abandon.

Honestly Every one in the 17th Shock Trooper Battalion loves the current build VS the older pre .924 version youd have a hard time convincing people to go back

I have another, maybe silly, question, regarding AI activity.

I am currently the main builder of our FOB and while we shut down the server after we are done, we were interested in how active the AI gets.

E.g. i have some time here and there and want to hop pon the server and keep working on the base, but i am afraid that the AI will steamroll over what we have already captured. 

Is the AI activity depended on how many people are on the server or is that irrelevant?
Otherwise, i would have to always wait for enough players to be ready to start up the server.

Most scripts will pause when there is not at least one player online. (enemy attacks, logistic, production, etc.)

Also the amount of enemy scales with the player count (if you haven't deactivated it in the parameters)

Guess it wouldn't be a big treat if you're on the server to build a little bit. And if something happen, grab some AI and fight back. Or shut down the server, as the progress will be saved, but ongoing enemy attacks etc. won't be saved. Kind of cheating, but basically you're not really "playing" at that time I guess ;)

10 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

Most scripts will pause when there is not at least one player online. (enemy attacks, logistic, production, etc.)

Also the amount of enemy scales with the player count (if you haven't deactivated it in the parameters)

Guess it wouldn't be a big treat if you're on the server to build a little bit. And if something happen, grab some AI and fight back. Or shut down the server, as the progress will be saved, but ongoing enemy attacks etc. won't be saved. Kind of cheating, but basically you're not really "playing" at that time I guess ;)

Awesome, thanks for the quick and elaborate answer!

Hm...i noticed an issue that i cant really clarify. We have the Salvage Depot, but we can only salvage certain vehicles. 
And i am not just talking about Tempest vs Ifrit, but actually that i can salvage one Ifrit, but not the other one...

Do you have space in your storage? I had this issue before and just needed to build more storage.

1 hour ago, viper2511 said:

Do you have space in your storage? I had this issue before and just needed to build more storage.

Nope, there is definitly enough space, i even just build another storage space to be sure.

AND NOW IT WORKS OF COURSE!

I encountered that also very rarely. I haven't really looked into it what may cause this, because it was not a regulary thing that happened. What mostly helped was to get outside of the FOB area and come back again. Or at least restart the server.

But I'll put it on my list.

23 hours ago, Wyqer said:

No, there is no "basic way". That would need many edits in the mission code.

As you've tested the system and don't like it, I guess you're aware of that there is no need for "one person has to sit and click nonstop"?

If I'm wrong.... here is the explanation for a passive income replacement for smaller groups with the current logistic system:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:Logistic#creating-a-passive-income

But sure, you're free to combine aspects of each versions you find, as it's all under the MIT License with the only condition of License and copyright notice. And the old 0.924 version is still available. Also there are some other creators who started own derivates of Liberation. So basically no real need to stick to my version.

For the passive income you have to purchase a million trucks, which hits hard in the resources department. Every time you capture a territory you have to:

1. Build a storage

2. Build a factory

3. Airlift some crates.

4. Set up traderoute

This is needed for every single territory. I don't see how it doesn't become tedious and repetitive.

I've been playing commander on a few servers as well as my own and most of the time I spend on this b/s instead of playing, otherwise no one has any resources to get anything at all.

I will probably fork your mod and add support for both resource options as a config option at the start screen. I know it will probably take a lot of effort, but I'll get it working. The only question is how to do the citizen rep stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate that you keep developing this and there are a huge lot of good things you have done with this mod, but I just do not agree with everything that has been done :)

I am not trying to just complain for no reason - it is simply my feedback. I knew before posting that you probably will not help with this and I will have to do it myself, but why not try ;)

11 hours ago, DruidicRifleman said:

Ugh projix...
Just go into the every thing to 00,00,00 in the Bluefor config file. done.

That said yeah It actually takes Less effort to maintain the logistics Just you need to Once or twice in an 8 hour gaming seasion Think about what your doing before Building something you can't just build vehicles with reckless abandon.

Honestly Every one in the 17th Shock Trooper Battalion loves the current build VS the older pre .924 version youd have a hard time convincing people to go back

You could not be more wrong, I wonder if it's the same mod we have been playing.
The old system did not let you build imba stuff right off the bat and getting even a single Wipeout was a big challenge that required a lot of territory. The new system, especially with the "passive income", and if someone is just doodling around on the server, you build up absolutely insane amounts of resources over time.

Hell, you can use Wipeouts as pilot controlled missiles and you don't run out, because it keeps coming in so fast after a certain point. I liked the cap/allocation system much better, because of how it forced the players on the team to decide whether they want more smaller vehicles or a couple strong big ones. You can't have it all because you rapidly exceed your fuel supply. If you turn off ammo bounties, then it becomes MUCH harder as well - but I like them on as it adds a gameplay element to the server, some competition.

8 minutes ago, projix said:

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate that you keep developing this and there are a huge lot of good things you have done with this mod, but I just do not agree with everything that has been done :)

Which is totally fine and "natural". Everyone has a favorit playstyle and favors. And as said before, you're free to take the code, modify it and publish it. That's the spirit of open source :)

9 minutes ago, projix said:

I knew before posting that you probably will not help with this

Yeah, it was a huge change and quite a lot of work to implement the whole system. I agree that you've a resource overflow from midgame on with pre 0.96. That's the reason why you can only produce at factories since 0.96 and not in cities anymore. But there is still something which needs balancing. And one thing which is on the list concerning a "lower the overflow of resources" is that your resupply vehicles have a storage of "available resupply" which has to be replenished with the 3 kinds of resources. But this is in fact just a very small thing on the road to a really finished, balanced and polished mission.

Ugh projix...

again If you Don't wanna Do the logistics stuff

Just go into the every cost value thing to 00,00,00 in the Bluefor config file. Then don't care about logistics.

also Building jets to easy?

If the Value of something to build is (500,450,250) Double those values (1000,900,500)!

The other option is to re implement the older system UnPBO .924 then .962 Go through both Remove the Resourse related script info from every file in .962 and then when your one all that Copy the .924 into the Current build. Bug test and hopefully have a working mission

and then do that when ever the Current build updates but those really are your options. But No one has Told me they want the old system back for either of the servers that curate the mission for.

On 12/10/2017 at 10:42 PM, Wyqer said:

@PSYKO_nz

You're save concerning the update, yes.

As there are some small tweaks at the presets you may loose a very small amount of units (if you use one of the RHS presets), but nothing "game breaking".

For a better understanding concerning the versioning I recommend reading this very tiny article which will make the "system" easily understandable:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:Versioning

i have just updated and i have lost everything.

and when i go into the game this is what i see

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8kjyhc6i5mtakz/20171213145544_1.jpg?dl=0

no menus nothing.

please help

I guess you're using a own or edited mission.sqm with the framework.

In the update there was a change at the mission.sqms, which you may have missed by reading the changelog.

Do that change and you can use your edited mission.sqm again:

On 10.12.2017 at 1:48 AM, Wyqer said:

Tweaked: Cleaned all custom placed places on all maps some more and renamed the respawn marker from respawn_west to respawn.

Concerning the save:

If you use for example the altis workshop version and update from 0.961 to 0.962 you won't loose anything. Or if you use all files from the new version from GitHub. If you made edits in your own version and update to the new version, you've to do all the edits and tweaks again and, of course, take attention to maybe changed stuff (like the renamed respawn marker).

If you only used an edited mission.sqm you should have still the saved data after apply the needed changes to the mission.sqm

starting again isn't really that much of a big deal,

awesome to have another go at it, (this time using project opfor instead of RHS Russia) 

what worries me is the no menu glitch,

I haven't really edited anything all I did was open up the config and set the unit options and added the vanilla a10 into the RHS des air vehicles config.

any ideas what to do?

EDIT - UPDATE

I have just re-downloaded https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/releases/download/v0.962/kp_liberation.Takistan.rar and uploaded it directly to the server without editing the config.

boom everything works! AND its remembered all my progress too!

however there is still one problem, I want to edit the default options (so i don't have to keep changing it) and I need to ad in the wipeout

also... during the testing, i tried out Tanoa, worked fine but as soon as i changed the config thing to use rhs units (blue and opfor) the menu bug glitch thingy happened.

sorry for being such a pain, just need to get my head around it :)

again, keep up the great work this is an epic game mode

The common mistake with the "no menu" issue is really a bad edit. And mostly a really really annoying one for the one who edited it. It's a missing or an additional comma at a place where it shouldn't be.

Have a look at these articles from the wiki concerning the editing and the change of default parameter values:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:ImportantHints#preventing-common-mistakes

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:FAQ#why-do-i-spawn-on-the-spawn-island-with-no-functions

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:ConfigFiles#uimission_paramshpp

If you still have issues, I would gladly continue to help you. But I would recommend you join the discord then (only Text-Chat), as you can drag and drop your edited files there for others to have a look for the mistake or the source of the issue and I'm also mostly around there. :)