Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

@Wyqer I've looked through your .pbo and i might just be blind, but i cannot seem to find anything about lower the radius between placing objects within a FOB. As well as lower the distance that allows you from deploying a FOB 300m's from an objective. Could you help me out here? Lol

It's in the kp_liberation_conifg.sqf line 88 for fog range. 

GRLIB_fob_range = 250;  Mine is set to 250 metres

Lot's of stuff to change around in that file.

Hey thanks for the reply @Clyde Toris but that isn't exactly what i am looking for, that's just how big the FOB can be. What i am looking for is where i can edit a file that let's me build closer to an objective on the map, you cannot build within 300m's (Default). And when building a fob, you will notice that if you put something too close to another object, it says (x amount of objects in range) and doesn't let you place it, i want to lower that so i can make a more compact FOB where everything isn't like 10m's from a H-Barrier wall due to the restrictions of placement.

@DVX_Artirion
https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:FAQ#how-can-i-build-my-fobs-closer-to-sectors

And if you want to build things closer to H-Barriers (so that they will be ignored as "too close objects"), you can add the classnames of the H-Barriers to the GRLIB_ignore_colisions_when_building array in presets\init_presets.sqf

For once I thought I could help someone out.  Oh well.  :)

Speaking of help, how do the repair/refuel/ammo vehicles and static containers work?  Or how do you repair something in game?

1 hour ago, Clyde Toris said:

For once I thought I could help someone out.  Oh well.  :)

Speaking of help, how do the repair/refuel/ammo vehicles and static containers work?  Or how do you repair something in game?

if your near them you should see it in your scroll menu

If you play without ACE or similar you just drive near one of the resupply sources (so the vehicles or the huron containers) and stay there. You should be the driver of the vehicle.

If that matches you should see a text which tells you what's done and how long it takes. It's an own Liberation script and not the vanilla behaviour.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

If you play without ACE or similar you just drive near one of the resupply sources (so the vehicles or the huron containers) and stay there. You should be the driver of the vehicle.

If that matches you should see a text which tells you what's done and how long it takes. It's an own Liberation script and not the vanilla behaviour.

Thats right. No action is needed by you. you will see on screen refueling, rearming, or repairing depending on logistic entity. My apologies. I have editor head atm lol. 

So we are playing with Ace.  I shot out the tire of a transport truck.  Parked next to the Huron Repair/M977A4-B repair and the HEMTT repair and nothing happens and no scroll option.  I'm sure it's me, it always is. 

Any thoughts?

32 minutes ago, Clyde Toris said:

So we are playing with Ace.

And with ACE you have to stick to the ACE repair system, as the vanilla and Liberation repair functionalities are disabled.

https://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/repair.html

I love a whole lot of things about Ace but there is a lot I don't care for as well. 

Thanks for the help!

19 hours ago, Clyde Toris said:

So we are playing with Ace.  I shot out the tire of a transport truck.  Parked next to the Huron Repair/M977A4-B repair and the HEMTT repair and nothing happens and no scroll option.  I'm sure it's me, it always is. 

Any thoughts?

Y , Wyker has the dope here..  need to interact with the broken vehicle to see the options.  Mine is working.. need  toolkit( repair-change pylon loadouts).  

Hi i like the new civilian reputation. Before, i have mates who don't care about kill a civilian. Now people cares because there is a reason to have a right behaviour.

I have a doubt having negative reputation. When resistance attacks one of the convoys, seems there is no difference between success or fail the truck rescue mission. We need to assign a new truck in logisctics and configure again the A and B destinations and number of resources values.

I expected after recover the truck and drive it into a FOB the logictic line is restaured automatically. What is the general idea? Drive the rescued truck to a FOV and then Salvage it to return some resources?

Anyway great job. KPliberation is going to a very good direction, gz.

@Clyde Toris

I suggest configure your serverconfig.hpp to have your own ACE configuration. Maybe the default one is a bit hardcore for some little groups like mine. We changed few thinks to adapt it to our desired ACE simulation level and confort.

The ambush is already the "bad thing happened" kind of situation. So you could leave it or recover the damaged trucks and resources (otherwise they'll despawn and the resistance will get stronger). If you recover it you don't loose the transported resources, can recycle the trucks and don't have that much costs to reestablish the logistic route. If you ignore it you loose much more. That's the intended thought about that event. And it only happens if you've a bad reputation.

Okay so two things. First off right after the Tac-Ops release update, me and my group can no longer use Aircraft to transport crates internally, as in Loading crates into the Huron or the Blackfish. They load fine, but when we try to unload them two of them spawn under the map and continue falling. This has happened on both Tanoa, and Altis Liberations. The second thing is, I was wondering how to edit the save file from the matches with my group so i can further develop the Base we've established outside of the 125m radius from the FOB. When ever i try to load the map into the Eden Editor it says "Error when loading scenario"

Crates issue is already solved for the next update:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/issues/283

You can load the mission like any other mission in the editor.

I would recommend to read the following, if you don't have experience concerning pbo extracting / repacking or how to access the mission.sqm of a mission. That'll give you the basic information you need concerning extracting.

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:ImportantHints

9 hours ago, Wyqer said:

Crates issue is already solved for the next update:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/issues/283

You can load the mission like any other mission in the editor.

I would recommend to read the following, if you don't have experience concerning pbo extracting / repacking or how to access the mission.sqm of a mission. That'll give you the basic information you need concerning extracting.

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:ImportantHints

Thank you so much, I didnt know where to post that. Looking forward to being able to carry 6 crates with the Huron (3 internal, 3 advanced slung) and thank you for that Link ^.^.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but how do we heal civs after clearing a town? we see the purple circles on the map and the wounded civs but we cant do anything to them to heal them? I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post, I've looked everywhere and found no info on it

If you play without ACE:
Approach the civ on the ground at the map marker and treat him via the mouse wheel action. You need a first aid kit in your inventory.

If you play with ACE:

Same as above, but you need a basic bandage in your inventory.

Has any one else had any issues with Unmanned aircraft? I dont personally use them but a few people i play with on Altis and Tanoa Liberation have had issues where the UAVs would not stay at set altitudes and would always reduce to 50m, and when ever they would switch the the "Gunner" camera, something would take control of the UAV, and would not listen to any commands for roughly 10-30s.

One of my guys reported the same behaviour, yes.

But we couldn't reliable reproduce it, so I've no real point to start from for investigating.

12 hours ago, Wyqer said:

If you play without ACE:
Approach the civ on the ground at the map marker and treat him via the mouse wheel action. You need a first aid kit in your inventory.

If you play with ACE:

Same as above, but you need a basic bandage in your inventory.

sweet, a few more questions... 

do you have to be a medic to do this?

if playing with ace do you have to enable the ace compatibility? ( we usually leave it disabled because the repair, rearm and refuel thing is easier than doing it through ace interact)

You don't need a trait to treat the civilians. Neither with or without ACE.

The ace compatibility parameter is gone since 0.961. It's autodetecting ACE and disables the weather and resupply scripts from Liberation.

Hello Wyqer, Love the mission and just started playing it for the first time, and play with RHS on Altis latest version.

A few of questions for you:

1. How can i change the enemy currently RHS to ISIS using the Iraqi-Syrian Conflict mod?

I know the classnames for all soldiers, vehicles, ect,. but im not sure where to put them, or if it will work.

2. Supplies - are they randomly always laying about a town or a factory, airfield or how do i get supplies, fuel, ammo?

Currently i've only captured a radio tower, and an outpost, and in the process of capturing a small town which had a pallet of ammo, and fuel, at first i had no idea what to do with them then if figured it out.

3. problem - is there a way to adjust the AI spotting because i was trying to capture this town and theres but a small handful of enemy hidden in it, a killed a few guys,

eventually it got dark, so i figured i use that to my advantage, i had an M4 silenced, and night vision, i shot out all the street lights, and it was pitch black like literally you cannot see a thing without night vision.

Now the problem is somehow the enemy AI are still able to see me, and i had to check the ones i killed that seen me, and they are not wearing, or have on them in their gear any nightvision,

this really is annoying, they can see and hear me yet i cannot see them without my nvg, is there a setting in the mission that just dumbs that down to a realistic level, i mean seriously i cannot

see in the dark without nvg, and either should they, with them able to spot me it seriously breaks the immersion, its like they are cheating, its ridiculous and my difficulty

setting is one above tourist in the parameters.