Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

@Darkhound7

Ok, i will try it tomorrow. I did almost everything. i didn't delete the description code.

I will check back tomorrow

0.961 released

• Added: ACE auto detection. (BI Revive still has to be disabled manually)
  • Added: Parameter to decide if vehicles should have cleared cargo or not. Thanks to veteran29
  • Removed: ACE compatibility parameter.
  • Updated: ACE settings from our community due to the new pylons system in ACE.
  • Updated: Italian localization. Thanks to k4s0
  • Updated: Chinese Simplified localization. Thanks to nercon
  • Updated: List of ignored buildings for the civil reputation.
  • Tweaked: Logistic convoy ambush chance balancing.
  • Fixed: SMAW optic placed in wrong array in RHS presets.
  • Like 1

Loving the new updates to this and cant wait for the side missions for the civilians to come in.

I have a quick question.

I wanted to set up some AI crewed transport choppers at the base with the idea of using them to extract squads out of the front line.

The problem I have appears to be an old arma issue of trying to get the AI to land the chopper.

It'll either hover at the location I sent it or if I change the move command to land, it will return to the helipad at base and land. 

The old workarounds seem to involve an invisible helipad but we cant do that in Liberation as zeus or players.

So my question is, is there a way to make AI land choppers in the wild on Liberation that I'm missing?

And if not would allowing players to build a temp invisible helipad anywhere (maybe cap it at 3 at once) work as a potential solution?

Or even allowing the Zeus to place it? 

The Zeus would have to be the one to delete it obviously.

My apologies if this has been brought up before, but I hadnt seen this when I had a quick look through the thread.

From my experience the landing waypoint work as expected. But of course it was always a kind of issue in ArmA with these behaviour. There is by the way nothing in Liberation which affects the AI waypoint handling etc.

If I order a helicopter (manned with AI) to somewhere and give them the "LAND" waypoint, they fly over to that point and land on a suitable spot on the ground in the near vicinity of the waypoint. They stay at the ground with running engines until they get the next waypoint. Maybe you can check their combat setting. Guess if they are in the "combat" state, you'll have issues with having them land and stay there.

Mods I use, which possible affect the AI and waypoint behaviour, are: CBA, ACE, Ares Mod - Achilles Expansion.

1 hour ago, Wyqer said:

From my experience the landing waypoint work as expected. But of course it was always a kind of issue in ArmA with these behaviour. There is by the way nothing in Liberation which affects the AI waypoint handling etc.

If I order a helicopter (manned with AI) to somewhere and give them the "LAND" waypoint, they fly over to that point and land on a suitable spot on the ground in the near vicinity of the waypoint. They stay at the ground with running engines until they get the next waypoint. Maybe you can check their combat setting. Guess if they are in the "combat" state, you'll have issues with having them land and stay there.

Mods I use, which possible affect the AI and waypoint behaviour, are: CBA, ACE, Ares Mod - Achilles Expansion.

My apologies!

I read what you said and went back and tested it out. 

I think where I was going wrong is that when I was testing I was trying to get the chopper to land just outside the FOB so it must have been prioritising the helipad as the landing zone.

Just tried it further out and it worked. Also set combat state to aware and that seemed to work.

Thanks for your reply :)

Didn't do the update yet but, I would like to change the AI (OPFOR) despawn time when the last player in the trigger zone die, so if one of us play alone and die, all the remaining AI (OPFOR) wont despawn in like 15 secondes.

I didn't see it in config files, it might be somewhere else ?

52 minutes ago, WAKeupneo said:

Didn't do the update yet but, I would like to change the AI (OPFOR) despawn time when the last player in the trigger zone die, so if one of us play alone and die, all the remaining AI (OPFOR) wont despawn in like 15 secondes.

I didn't see it in config files, it might be somewhere else ?

This has been discussed quite a few times and I believe most would agree with you. The issue is a balance between the zones staying active and Not bringing a server to its knees when joe pilot is activating multiple zones. A good workaround is the uav. Send up a drone and have it stay in the sector your attacking. Maybe with smaller groups there should be an option to easily configure how long zone stays active after all players leave said area. The amount of sectors allowed activated would have to be lowered in that case I would imagine. We use the drone option and it works out well unitll another option is available.  

How can I disable or reduce the ridiculous amount of sway in the pbo? For example in domination we have a parameter for disabling weapon sway. It still sways when you are injured and tends to wander a bit even when you are not. Is it possible to add it? Can it be done in mission_params? Maybe I am just not understanding what you might call it...

8 hours ago, K nux said:

How can I disable or reduce the ridiculous amount of sway in the pbo? For example in domination we have a parameter for disabling weapon sway. It still sways when you are injured and tends to wander a bit even when you are not. Is it possible to add it? Can it be done in mission_params? Maybe I am just not understanding what you might call it...

Talking about the sway when fatigued? 

No mate. I like the fatigue/injured sway. When I load Liberation Malden, there is massive sway right from the word go, even prone. Even with fatigue deactivated the massive amount of sway remains. It's even horrible holding breath prone. Maybe it's something else causing it but it doesn't seem to be a problem in other pbo's...

18 hours ago, K nux said:

No mate. I like the fatigue/injured sway. When I load Liberation Malden, there is massive sway right from the word go, even prone. Even with fatigue deactivated the massive amount of sway remains. It's even horrible holding breath prone. Maybe it's something else causing it but it doesn't seem to be a problem in other pbo's...

Happen on every loadout you use? 

All loadouts. Maybe it's just me mate. Maybe we have played without sway unless injured for so long on our other servers it's just a shock to the system :) I'll just lay prone and set the bipod up anytime I want to hit something more than 5 metres away :-/

1 hour ago, K nux said:

All loadouts. Maybe it's just me mate. Maybe we have played without sway unless injured for so long on our other servers it's just a shock to the system :) I'll just lay prone and set the bipod up anytime I want to hit something more than 5 metres away :-/

You could use setCustomAimCoef 0.  WOuld have to code out the decription and initplayer accordingly. Maybe the servers your on do this? 

WOrth alook as there are diff settings

On 10/11/2017 at 2:19 PM, Darkhound7 said:

This has been discussed quite a few times and I believe most would agree with you. The issue is a balance between the zones staying active and Not bringing a server to its knees when joe pilot is activating multiple zones. A good workaround is the uav. Send up a drone and have it stay in the sector your attacking. Maybe with smaller groups there should be an option to easily configure how long zone stays active after all players leave said area. The amount of sectors allowed activated would have to be lowered in that case I would imagine. We use the drone option and it works out well unitll another option is available.  

Thanks, Ill use this until I find the setup then.

This looks really interesting with alot of features ive always wanted ie Civs reacting to damaged property etc.. Im trying to start a game as just a Singleplayer but not really sure how to get started after the FOB. Ive watched tutorials and they're menus give them the option to get AI etc while my units are all greyed out -meaning i cant recruit anyone. I even wiped out a whole sector to see if this would give me resources but my options are still greyed out -any help would be appreciated

EDIT: NM, figured out the Storage action -all good

@K nux
Liberation has no special sway or something applied. It's the vanilla way. Maybe you just haven't played with the normal system yet.

@WAKeupneo
Have a look at:
\scripts\server\sector\manage_one_sector.sqf
Line 22
private _sector_despawn_tickets = 12;
Line 267
_sector_despawn_tickets = 12;

Raise both numbers euqally to increase the despawn time.
A value of 180 would be around 15 minutes, while the current value of 12 is around one minute.

• Thanks 2

Is there anything override or block

forceRotorLibSimulation = 1;

from description.ext  or its just me doing wrong ?

Look in your server.cfg if you've also declared forceRotorLibSimulation there. Personally I would think that the description.ext setting overrides the server.cfg setting, but haven't tested or used it.

But from my state of information you can't force specific settings in the AFM settings for every player (like trim, rough landing, etc.)

Yeah you can't force player to use the full Advanced flight model but at least its not BF4 anymore and there is some throttle action :D

Thanks for the server.cfg

7 hours ago, coolrobot said:

Oi Wyqer! Would be a tough job to bring this to Valtatie 5 terrain too? 

Just checked that map out. If your doing a port let me know. If not I'll start

ONly issue really is lack of names on the map. SInce its finnish I would have to google some landmarks or just use city1 city2 etc. 

@wyqer Would a map cause enemy not to spawn? Ive been going crazy with the cambodia map and the spawns don't work consistently. Ive re-done it twice. Only happens on that map and a unsung map. Would improper placement of radio towers mess with spawns? Ive enabled rpt of spawns but the spawn doesnt trigger or give error.

No, the terrain/map itself wouldn't interfere with the scripts.