Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

Well the bug is that the guy taking over command keeps spamming that he is the new actual.  There is the argument that when the revive system is working you aren't actually dead but incapacitated and the command role of the squad shouldn't move yet.  It seems to be a BI issue though.

I had a small brainfreeze on the github comment, it's all there, I must have been looking in a wrong repostiory of zbug.  It's all there :).  I might take a fork once I get home so I can add some convenience scripts me and my friends use and keep it synced with any changes you'll make in the future.

32 minutes ago, celludriel said:

2) There is a possible workaround.  It works twofold:

- Instead of giving it an order to attack the vehicle you could give it an order to move towards it.  If that doesn't work either, you could get the Location from the position of the vehicle and let them approach the location that will work for sure.

- When an AI is in a 5m radius of the MHQ you could write a script that blows it up and then post a message to all players "AI has found <<mhq id>> and destroyed it promptly"

So technically the AI doesn't really attacks it but you simulated the destruction.  You could argue it was going to happen anyhow so lets just help the AI a bit.

3) As soon as you are incapacitated the problems start once you respawn it persists for a few seconds then your avatar takes command and it stops.  Your squad chooses an AI that becomes the new squad leader and he starts giving out orders.  This can lead to annoying situations.  What we tend to do is put tanks at possible reinforcements locations and put an AI in the gunner and commander position.  However when the ai takes over command he starts getting into the driver seat and our roadblock gets messed up.  Or free AI's get into our chinook and start flying our MHQ off it's just a hassle fixing it all the time.  If this is the default BI revive system there must be a bug at their end.  I wasn't averse to the old Farooq's revive system though.

I'll add the issue to the bug tracker.  Any reason why you don't put the code on the github as well ?  I recommend the gitflow method should you put it on there :)

https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/comparing-workflows/gitflow-workflow

2.)

Weird suggestion, I would paradrop tons of AI onto a location where I assume the enemy MHQ if the pure presence of an AI works like a nuke.

my 2ct to MHQ:

I disliked it and the entire concept since original MFCTI (well and also in C&C - RA).

This single item and its survival that decides if you win or loose is so far away from warfare simulation that I really start to hate it.

Many players do not even care about conquering anything, they just load themselves with satchels and sneaking to the MHQ.

My Preference:

No MHQ at all in terms of construction enabler, only as real MHQ with communication enablers

- start condition is to own a resource generating object (town, area, structure of interest) with the dedicated ability (generating troops/vehicles)

- key building can only be build INSIDE the area of a town or area of interest which generates supply/cash/any resources. To build outside you

- entitled players (e.g. commander for key structures, players for defense and support structures..) can build anything everywhere with possible rstrictions: supply/repair vehicles must be in perimeter of construction yard / key buildings only close to villages / certain buildings require also mobile or fixed power plant in certain range....that way you create also high value targets that can be destroyed and hence work as in traditional CTI

- "what if last repair/support vehicle is destroyed?" - means you can't build any structure OUTSIDE a town BUT you can build inside a town a supply/repair/anyvehicle-factory and build a new one

- the only loose-condition is to loose the last town / area of interest

Benefit of my suggestion:

- player focus on area gathering and supply chain destruction instead of pointless  MHQ hunting

- fortifying an area with several towns sufficient to generate as much men & material as you loose during defense would become a working strategy

- not only conquer but also securing and defending a certain area would become more important

- sudden disappointing game end due to a lucky shot on a MHQ would be eliminated as game experience

3 minutes ago, The Man Without Qualities said:

This single item and its survival that decides if you win or loose is so far away from warfare simulation that I really start to hate it.

Many players do not even care about conquering anything, they just load themselves with satchels and sneaking to the MHQ.

Which single item decides in Liberation if you win or loose?

And which players in Liberation don't care about conquering (as you have to conquer to win the campaign)? What kind of MHQ are they sneaking up to?

Also your suggestion let me think that you maybe think about an other mission and not about Liberation or haven't played Liberation yet.

@celludriel meant with "MHQ" the Mobile Respawn Trucks / Spartan 01 of the player side.

I was talking about MHQ in general coming from original MFCTI. I am aware that your mission is far away from this concept since one side is complete AI. Also concept of base construction is different.

I was indeed mislead by naming a spawn MHQ. I just wanted to express my disappointment with any unnecessary and unrealistic item in a simulation to act as the ultimate goal.

I have tested your mission months ago and hence it might not be the same mission as currently, but I percepted your FOB as MHQ-like and I thought celludriel was talking about this one.

Anyway: I love to play totally alone (I guess that might have been the driver why zbug created this mission) but with the opportunity the replace AI at any time by humans, but if they leave the slot, a proper AI jumps in.

Sadly all CTI's I know are broken in A3, there are only PvP versions out there with AI utilization just for town defense, base defense etc.

Your routines for CSAT are pretty challenging, IMHO good enought to be utilized for a full CTI like MFCTI/crCTI/WFBE/BECTI where one could play it as SP at any slot as commander or not and one could even leave the server if persistant and then AIcomm was fighting the other AIcomm.

Coming back to my point when I jumped in: If celludriel was talking about a pure mobile respawn (in classic CTIs ambulance vehicles, FOBs and camps/bunkers in towns act as respawn points) I agree whith him that it is a valid point to enable AI to percept it as high value target.

I do not agree with the concept of creating any artificial or mystic AI awareness beside simulated sensors of ArmA engine.

Even if I dislike the MHQ concept (I know, it does not really apply to your mission) I have seen a good implementation of AI coordination in one WFBE in A2. If a side has AI comm active and any AI squad was detecting the MHQ (cyclic check was present if detected vehicle type = MHQ) the AI comm routines assiigned a certain amount of AI squads to the task of moving to the area where MHQ was detected and switch there to the S&D routine. The intended simulation was the communication via radio so if any AI was (by its sensors) able to detect the vehicle and classify as enemy (well, the detection as MHQ was kinda hack) the alerted commander was turning units to go after this high value target.

A similar routine could be used for CSAT going after respawn points (mobile or fixed if destructible) but I understood that the initial detection is already an issue.

17 hours ago, celludriel said:

Well the bug is that the guy taking over command keeps spamming that he is the new actual.  There is the argument that when the revive system is working you aren't actually dead but incapacitated and the command role of the squad shouldn't move yet.  It seems to be a BI issue though.

I had a small brainfreeze on the github comment, it's all there, I must have been looking in a wrong repostiory of zbug.  It's all there :).  I might take a fork once I get home so I can add some convenience scripts me and my friends use and keep it synced with any changes you'll make in the future.

I have added this to init.sqf to stop radio spamming, but it won't help with ai commandeering your assets.

enableRadio false;

or you could go further and add

0 fadeRadio 0;
enableSentences false;

3 hours ago, MATR1X said:

I have added this to init.sqf to stop radio spamming, but it won't help with ai commandeering your assets.

enableRadio false;

or you could go further and add

0 fadeRadio 0;
enableSentences false;

This works but I can't test it now, I'm at work, I think this disables everything also the useful radio messages when you are not dead and the squad sees hostiles.  It's up to Bohemia to fix it properly I'm afraid :(.

I have my custom Arsenal setup And everything is working correctly except 

"rhsusf_acc_grip1",
    "rhsusf_acc_grip2",
    "rhsusf_acc_grip2_tan",
    "rhsusf_acc_grip3",
    "rhsusf_acc_grip3_tan",
    "rhsusf_acc_grip4",

Only grip attachments says they are not allowed I have added them to the Whitelist under the configuration.sqf is there anything else I can do to fix this?

As also anwered in the Discord, I share it here, too.

RHS seems to generate own "generic classnames" for weapons which attached grip (they switch the weapon to the predefined weapon with grip classname)

Therefore you've to look about which exact classname the blacklist complains. (have a look at the server log for example)

And then add this classname in the kp_liberation_config.sqf in the array: KP_liberation_allowed_items_extension

I've got a game going on Liberation with the version from zbug, is there any way I can convert my progress to your version? Like replace some files into your pbo to keep my progress? Thank you

2 hours ago, Tr1x said:

I've got a game going on Liberation with the version from zbug, is there any way I can convert my progress to your version? Like replace some files into your pbo to keep my progress? Thank you

You will more than likely need a wipe to jump over. https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:Versioning

I would complete your game and grab the other maps.. Plenty now being ported and I believe that Wyqers working on  Lythium for an official release

• Like 1

I may have run into a bug when filling the opfor preset with independent faction units. I used Project Opfor's Iranian faction for the opfor preset.

Sometimes, vehicles spawned as sector defenders spawned as "friendly" and when killed, I had a resistance fighter was killed text pop up. Only seems to happen with units spawned in vehicles, otherwise infantry units are hostile.

I used the default preset for Resistance fighters so I know that they weren't supposed to be friendly or ID'd as resistance fighters.

Just now, jetset22a said:

I may have run into a bug when filling the opfor preset with independent faction units. I used Project Opfor's Iranian faction for the opfor preset.

Sometimes, vehicles spawned as sector defenders spawned as "friendly" and when killed, I had a resistance fighter was killed text pop up. Only seems to happen with units spawned in vehicles, otherwise infantry units are hostile.

I used the default preset for Resistance fighters so I know that they weren't supposed to be friendly or ID'd as resistance fighters.

96 gave us separate presets for opfor and resistance fighters so it added another faction that could help you or depending on your rep, shoot you. Is this what you mean? In other words the spawns,at times will include resistance fighters that are indeed freindly and will help you unless you shoot them of course

44 minutes ago, Darkhound7 said:

96 gave us separate presets for opfor and resistance fighters so it added another faction that could help you or depending on your rep, shoot you. Is this what you mean? In other words the spawns,at times will include resistance fighters that are indeed freindly and will help you unless you shoot them of course

Say for example my resistance preset was filled with FIA units, and my OPFOR preset was filled with AAF units. They're both defined as Independent factions in the base game. Basically what's happening is sometimes AAF units are spawned as resistance fighters. Except in this case I'm using GREF as the resistance preset, and using a custom preset using Project Opfor's Iranian Faction. None of the units I'm using as opfor are in the resistance preset, but they're still spawning as resistance fighters.

@jetset22a

So you use classnames from the resistance side in the opfor preset and wondering why they behave like the resistance concerning friend or foe?

Opfor preset -> opfor side

You can't add resistance side classnames for Opfor, as it's obviously not the opfor side. Same if you would add classnames from the blufor side in the opfor preset.

5 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

@jetset22a

So you use classnames from the resistance side in the opfor preset and wondering why they behave like the resistance concerning friend or foe?

Opfor preset -> opfor side

You can't add resistance side classnames for Opfor, as it's obviously not the opfor side. Same if you would add classnames from the blufor side in the opfor preset.

Thanks, that's what I figured, but I was hoping that was not the case. I just wanted confirmation because I did some research before I asked and you had previously mentioned that this was possible.

On 8/2/2017 at 1:41 AM, Opavelin said:

Many thanks. Everything was so simple.

About the second. I do not need to change GRLIB_side_enemy = EAST; ?
Or just replace
O_Soldier_F to I_Soldier_F and this will work?

On 8/2/2017 at 1:58 AM, Wyqer said:

You can just replace it.

Yes, that was before 0.96 with the resistance faction. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

Yes, that was before 0.96 with the resistance faction. :)

Ah I see, I didn't realize that. Thanks for the clarification :)

• Like 1

SO im porting to the Prei Khmaoch Luong map. Cruising down the river testing the spawns and I see some spawn at times and Then Vanish.  Other times civs spawn but nothing else. I did have a few drinks the night I started so double checked everything.

Using the 96 hotfix version. ONly map ive had trouble on with spawning

Hey everybody, I finally run my own KP-Liberation server and beside some small glitches, its running quite well.

However, after installing CBA/ACE3 I lost the Statistics for the kill/vehicles destruction, Killing a civilian is still -1 but nothing for infantry kill and it look like some vehicles still count but not all of them.

Did I miss something somewhere ?

@Darkhound7
Activate the sector spawn debug and have a look at the rpt.

@WAKeupneo
Vanilla scoreboard isn't working with ACE.

16 hours ago, Wyqer said:

@Darkhound7
Activate the sector spawn debug and have a look at the rpt.

Would an addaction in a boats init field cause Sectors not to spawn?

Specifically:

this addAction ["<t color='#FF9900'>Push</t>","scripts\BoatPush.sqf",[],-1,false,true,"","_this distance _target < 8"];

Must be that or the something in the sqf itself.. 

Not, can't imagine that this would cause issues.

2 hours ago, kerozen said:

How can i use ACE in Liberation Lingor?

I'm using Liberation on Lingor (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1176800932&searchtext=lingor)

There are a few config files https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:ConfigFiles

In the ui dir look at the mission_params.hpp to enable ace. 

rhs will require the compats as well. 

Edit.. 

You will need to deactivate the revive as well. And I just realized thats one I ported so its set to use ais. So its already disabled in the config of liberation..

So to use ace after you enable it to ace=true. Remove this from your description.ext

#include "AIS\Effects\BarDlg.hpp"

class CfgFunctions {
    #include "AIS\cfgFunctions.hpp"
};