Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

On 10/20/2017 at 9:34 PM, Darkhound7 said:

A3 wounding System by Psycho will work for you

Just have to disable the revive in mission.

In your mission_params.hpp 

class ReviveMode {
        title = $STR_A3_ReviveMode;
        isGlobal = 1;
        values[] = {-100,0,1};                                                                                                                                                                               
        texts[] = {$STR_A3_MissionDefault, $STR_A3_Disabled, $STR_A3_EnabledForAllPlayers};                         <---------------------- Default to 0 will disable missions revive
        default = 0;
        function = "bis_fnc_paramReviveMode";

WHen your down and there is a medic nearby you can hit "H" and they will revive you.

Thank you so much! Works just like I wanted!

EDIT: Actually, almost. AI does not seem to revive other AI. Only revives "players". Even though I've set parameter AIS_REVIVE_INIT_UNITS         =     "allUnitsBLUFOR"; and not "AllPlayables".

Seems like this wont work with spawned units. Anyone know how I can add an AIS Init to this mission when you build AI troops to your group?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theedge|jinx said:

Thank you so much! Works just like I wanted!

EDIT: Actually, almost. AI does not seem to revive other AI. Only revives "players". Even though I've set parameter AIS_REVIVE_INIT_UNITS         =     "allUnitsBLUFOR"; and not "AllPlayables".

Seems like this wont work with spawned units. Anyone know how I can add an AIS Init to this mission when you build AI troops to your group?

This is whats needed I believe.  [_unit] call AIS_System_fnc_loadAIS           Maybe @wyqer knows where it would need to go

@Darkhound7 @theedge|jinx

I don't know the script, but if you say the infantry unit just has to call AIS_System_fnc_loadAIS you have to do this:

\scripts\client\build\do_build.sqf

At line 50 is the single infantry build.

edit the createunit to:

_classname createUnit [_pos, _grp,"this addMPEventHandler [""MPKilled"", {_this spawn kill_manager}]; [this] call AIS_System_fnc_loadAIS;", 0.5, "private"];

At line 62 is the squad built. Edit the if there to this:

if (_classname isEqualTo blufor_squad_para) then {
    _x createUnit [_pos, _grp,"this addMPEventHandler [""MPKilled"", {_this spawn kill_manager}]; removeBackpackGlobal this; this addBackpackGlobal ""B_parachute""; [this] call AIS_System_fnc_loadAIS;", 0.5, _unitrank];
} else {
    _x createUnit [_pos, _grp,"this addMPEventHandler [""MPKilled"", {_this spawn kill_manager}]; [this] call AIS_System_fnc_loadAIS;", 0.5, _unitrank];
};

\scripts\server\game\save_manager.sqf

line 421 you see the load of the saved ai groups. edit the createunit to:

(_nextunit select 0) createUnit [ _nextpos, _grp, 'this addMPEventHandler ["MPKilled", {_this spawn kill_manager}]; [this] call AIS_System_fnc_loadAIS;'];

As I don't know the script you want to use, I can't guarantee that this will do what the script needs. But if you want to apply a function etc. to a built or loaded infantry units, these are the places.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wyqer said:

@Darkhound7 @theedge|jinx

I don't know the script, but if you say the infantry unit just has to call AIS_System_fnc_loadAIS you have to do this:

\scripts\client\build\do_build.sqf

At line 50 is the single infantry build.

edit the createunit to:

_classname createUnit [_pos, _grp,"this addMPEventHandler [""MPKilled"", {_this spawn kill_manager}]; [this] call AIS_System_fnc_loadAIS;", 0.5, "private"];

At line 62 is the squad built. Edit the if there to this:

if (_classname isEqualTo blufor_squad_para) then {
    _x createUnit [_pos, _grp,"this addMPEventHandler [""MPKilled"", {_this spawn kill_manager}]; removeBackpackGlobal this; this addBackpackGlobal ""B_parachute""; [this] call AIS_System_fnc_loadAIS;", 0.5, _unitrank];
} else {
    _x createUnit [_pos, _grp,"this addMPEventHandler [""MPKilled"", {_this spawn kill_manager}]; [this] call AIS_System_fnc_loadAIS;", 0.5, _unitrank];
};

\scripts\server\game\save_manager.sqf

line 421 you see the load of the saved ai groups. edit the createunit to:

(_nextunit select 0) createUnit [ _nextpos, _grp, 'this addMPEventHandler ["MPKilled", {_this spawn kill_manager}]; [this] call AIS_System_fnc_loadAIS;'];

As I don't know the script you want to use, I can't guarantee that this will do what the script needs. But if you want to apply a function etc. to a built or loaded infantry units, these are the places.

Thanks Wyqer! I was right there fiddling yesterday but I didn't type the command right obviously. 

Tried starting that expression both _this and [unit] but it's supposed to be [this] then eh? :) Thanks, will try it today. 

11 hours ago, MATR1X said:

@Sapiens

Custom Arsenal Preset - complete RHSUSF w/ some TFAR, ACE and Vanilla items. Should be relatively easy to navigate and edit to your liking. had to bite the bullet as none of the included presets were ideal for us either.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8ZXff2JKJLxWWxWWFRTb2JOQk0

Earlier in the week I discovered that I was looking in the wrong section of the file like a complete idiot.  I was changing the option for faction makeup/loadouts and not the arsenal presets. :dontgetit:  Since then I've started fiddling around to add Ace into the mix, and will probably have to manually edit a loadout preset to strip the advanced medical items out of the list.

Sorry to bother you with this wyqer, and thanks for the assistance MATR1X!

Are resistance forces supposed to attack players even though they're well within the "friendly" threshold with civilians? We've been fighting OPFOR for sectors only to have the resistance faction take shots at us the whole time, but then other times they help us take the sector just like the change log said. Of course, we don't shoot back because we don't want to ruin our reputation with civilians, but it does kind of put us into a bad situation gameplay-wise.

1 hour ago, vagrantauthor said:

Are resistance forces supposed to attack players even though they're well within the "friendly" threshold with civilians? We've been fighting OPFOR for sectors only to have the resistance faction take shots at us the whole time, but then other times they help us take the sector just like the change log said. Of course, we don't shoot back because we don't want to ruin our reputation with civilians, but it does kind of put us into a bad situation gameplay-wise.

That happened to me too(sahrani ProjOPfor).  and my rep is still >0(got 1 civ informant/capture in 3 days).  But ACE (apex,apex,apex)  I get no gain for capture sector, no civ informant, no  hostile moves though by guer. (rep minus17)

[!!  That happened to me too(sahrani ProjOPfor).  and my rep is still >0(got 1 civ informant/capture in 3 days).  But ACE (apex,apex,apex)  I get no gain for capture sector, no civ informant, no  hostile moves though by guer. (rep minus17)]

:don9:  For example I just capture red springs quarry, and there were no civs, my rep went more negative(2pts).

Porting a mission  and messing in the editor.Cups vehicles placed work when testing in editor (play in Multiplayer) But when I test it on dedicated server I get error missing content blah blah cup_weapons_dynamicloadout.

SOunds like a server/client mod issue but It's not.. ANyone have an idea? Only with the cups.. RHS aircraft with dynamic loadout works fine

@vagrantauthor @dvdbrewster

Enable the civrep debug in the parameters and send the serverlog from a session where you experience this behaviour/issue.

@Darkhound7

Yeah, sounds like a maybe outdated CUP version on the server.

18 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

@Darkhound7

Yeah, sounds like a maybe outdated CUP version on the server.

Yeah maybe I have 2 versions on client somehow. Has to be it..Thnx Wyqer

@Darkhound7 is CBA_A3 running on the dedicated server? Could be that or a CUP ACE3 Compatibility addon is needed, if using ACE.

Anyone able to give me some advice as a little confused.

I play liberation on any map hosting on my personal computer and everything works as it should, BUT when I place the missions on a dedicated server which is running all the same mods as personal computer no enemy units are spawning. I wouldn't have thought there was anything specific needed over hosting to dedicated but maybe in all the reading I have missed something.

I know the required mods are loading because if I choose other missions on the dedicated server all of the mods ( units equip etc ) are all there in those particular missions.

I apologise in advance if it has been listed already but for the life of me I cannot find it.  The dedicated server and host computer sync to each other and load the same mods so cannot see that being a problem.

Also checked the kp_liberation_config.sqf and made no changes, all default such as Tanoa looks for Apex, Altis default etc. 

Altis all set to = 0 default/vanilla

Tanoa set to = Apex Tanoa

Cheers

Always append a serverlog with these kind of issues. Not directly in the thread, but via hastebin/pastebin link.

8 hours ago, Wyqer said:

Always append a serverlog with these kind of issues. Not directly in the thread, but via hastebin/pastebin link.

I think I found the problem although I'm about to smash this damn computer

8 hours ago, Ellman said:

Have anyone done a conversion of Liberation for IFA3 or Unsung? 

Thought about it . I may toy with the IFA3 this week.Ive been working on the map  by Bludclot .Prei Khmaoch Luong..

Been fun testing it. Very dense and jungle like. I may load up delta and have a look. Its not to hard to port the mission really. With the dev kit Wyqer provides. Just tedious 

Just loaded unsung.Maybe Ill toy around with it

• Like 1

Is there a way to disable Vanilla Weapons with the RHS Scenarios? Sorry need to reword where do I put the Arsenal SQF's Solved Figured It out thanks

Wyqer,

Me and some friends are revisiting liberation after your first re-release from zbug.  I'm glad you kept out any addons from the vanilla version and it still works without any of them.  We have been playing with the three of us on our private server and have some feedback that might make the mission a bit more interesting.

- The garrison script is equally a blessing as a curse.  It's fun when you first start out in the town and you have to check the windows and such for snipers.  However when you are down to the last one or two guys to take out it gets tedious having to force look through each building.  So we have to steep to just calling in AI support to get the upper hand in the town so we don't lose hours searching each building.  Especially the big cities.  So here is a proposed solution if a zone stays active for x amount of time (could be configurable)  The garrison units un-garrison and lay up an ambush in the center of the zone.  This should be technically possible if you keep a tick count from when a zone gets active and you have the location of the center of the zone by ways of the allmarkers function.

- MHQ are to safe, when you buy a hemmt MHQ and drive it up to the edge of town and don't occupy it the AI ignores it completely while you would think an MHQ is primary target.  You could attach a script to the spawning of a MHQ that pings if there are enemies in a 50m maybe a 150m radius.  This ping could be every 10 seconds so you don't destroy the server performance.  Once AI get pinged you could give an order to that AI to go hunt that MHQ and blow it up.  Also make sure to give it explosives the moment you issue the order, so they always have something to blow it up with.

- M4 Scorcher spam, once you have an artillery and don't care about civilian casualties, you could technically lower entire towns to clear them out quickly.  I always liked to put something in liberation that as soon as the players own an M4, the game scans for it every 10 minutes and then gives a 25% chance to spawn an airgroup of A-10's with as mission taking out the M4 scorchers on the map.  This to prevent players cheesing through the map with the scorcher.

- Civilian reputation gain is pretty low.  Once you lose civ rep, getting it up again just by treating wounded civs is nearly impossible.  I propose a new sidemission "Rescue the hostages" where for x amount of intel you can do a mission saving some hostages, giving you 25% positive civ rep.

- There is a bug with the revive system when you are leader of a squad and you get incapacitated the squad keeps spamming i'm the new actual , i'm the new actual ... not sure if this bug is fixable due to abusing some engine mechanics to get the revive system working, but it would be appreciated if this could be fixed :)  I'll take a look myself over the weekend how the revive system works and if it can be helped.

There is still more room for improvement but these are the things I always felt the mission really needed to be more accessible for low amount of players and got give the AI a bit of extra edge.

Glad to see you are still maintaining it

greetings

Celludriel

Hey there @celludriel

thanks for your feedback and I'm glad you're enjoying the mission with your friends.

Let's get to your points:

In 0.97 there is the "enemy rework" planned (0.96 is the "hearts & minds" version for example). Concerning this particular behaviour the simpliest "fix" will be to deactivate the "stand still until a player comes nearer than 40m to your position" if there are only ~4 enemy soldiers left or similar. But I guess there will be much more changes in the 0.97 version. In conclusion: I've this on my list :)

I know what you mean and sadly enough that you can't give an AI the order to attack an empty vehicle without workarounds (spawning an invisible drone etc. for example in the MHQ etc.). Basically I just can't repeat, that this is also on the list for the 0.97 overhaul, as it's connected to the category of "enemy behaviour".

This is the first thing I've to say that I personally won't implement this. Reason is that there is the civil reputation as "penalty" system and immersion factor. And the artillery is very expensive and has to be unlocked.

But one thing I wouldn't like to do is to implement real hardcoded scripts which are there for the reason (don't get me wrong) "The players on my server can't behave, they ignore this and don't care about that, etc.". It's up to the players what they do with the mission. For example our community don't even use CAS if we attack a city with civilians, neither we use tanks etc. to prevent any colleteral damages. In my opinion it's an organization and social thing to draw the borders in which players want to play together and not the task of the mission creator to "restrict players in any aspect". Example the blacklist for the arsenal can be deactivated, the penalties for CivRep (if someone don't like it) can be set to 0, the production time of resources can be changed, etc.

Long story short: In my opinion, if there is a "misuse" of the artillery there are these possibilities to handle it:

• Raise the price
  • Remove it from the preset
  • Talk with your players and stick to a convention concerning the use of that artillery

The enemy behaviour or "strategical reactions" will change, of course. And my goal is to increase the feeling that you really "fight" against the enemy and get rid of the feeling that in the end the players the ones who decide where to fight and when. This includes changing the attacks on blufor FOBs and/or high value assets

0.96 included the "civil reputation framework" if you want to name it that way. Means that it's the first implementation of this functionality. As there will be patches for 0.96 (0.961, 0.962, etc.) this will be expanded during that period. And one thing is indeed adding more possibilities to have influence on the civil reputation and the guerilla behaviour. This will include side missions and events.

Personally I don't use the BI Revive, as we play with ACE, so I can't say "yeah, that's something I've encountered, too". Maybe someone else can say something about this?

Is it only for the time that you're incapacitated or also after a respawn/revive? If it's still there after respawn/revive it shouldn't be a problem to assign the leader again. If it's just during incapacitated state.... well.... guess that's something "BI related" then and it's something which will happen during the up to 3 minutes of this state. But I'll have a look at it after I've more information about this.

Well, I hope I could answer your suggestions/feedback/questions with enough information from my side :)

If you have concrete issue reports (for the BI Revive for example) or suggestions, please post them at the GitHub Repository. That'll help me to keep a better track of the issues/suggestions.

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/issues

57 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

I know what you mean and sadly enough that you can't give an AI the order to attack an empty vehicle without workarounds (spawning an invisible drone etc. for example in the MHQ etc.). Basically I just can't repeat, that this is also on the list for the 0.97 overhaul, as it's connected to the category of "enemy behaviour".

Personally I don't use the BI Revive, as we play with ACE, so I can't say "yeah, that's something I've encountered, too". Maybe someone else can say something about this?

Is it only for the time that you're incapacitated or also after a respawn/revive? If it's still there after respawn/revive it shouldn't be a problem to assign the leader again. If it's just during incapacitated state.... well.... guess that's something "BI related" then and it's something which will happen during the up to 3 minutes of this state. But I'll have a look at it after I've more information about this.

2) There is a possible workaround.  It works twofold:

- Instead of giving it an order to attack the vehicle you could give it an order to move towards it.  If that doesn't work either, you could get the Location from the position of the vehicle and let them approach the location that will work for sure.

- When an AI is in a 5m radius of the MHQ you could write a script that blows it up and then post a message to all players "AI has found <<mhq id>> and destroyed it promptly"

So technically the AI doesn't really attacks it but you simulated the destruction.  You could argue it was going to happen anyhow so lets just help the AI a bit.

3) As soon as you are incapacitated the problems start once you respawn it persists for a few seconds then your avatar takes command and it stops.  Your squad chooses an AI that becomes the new squad leader and he starts giving out orders.  This can lead to annoying situations.  What we tend to do is put tanks at possible reinforcements locations and put an AI in the gunner and commander position.  However when the ai takes over command he starts getting into the driver seat and our roadblock gets messed up.  Or free AI's get into our chinook and start flying our MHQ off it's just a hassle fixing it all the time.  If this is the default BI revive system there must be a bug at their end.  I wasn't averse to the old Farooq's revive system though.

I'll add the issue to the bug tracker.  Any reason why you don't put the code on the github as well ?  I recommend the gitflow method should you put it on there :)

https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/comparing-workflows/gitflow-workflow

To 2.

There will be a kind of functionality in the future as I also don't like the "Mobile Respawn won't get touched by the enemy". But all in a balance between "needed work/codelines" against "real benefit".

To 3.

34 minutes ago, celludriel said:

If this is the default BI revive system there must be a bug at their end

From your description it seems that everything is just fine. If the leader is "dead" someone has to take over the lead and start commanding. Don't know why to name that a bug.

For the time you can't command, someone takes over. After you're respawned/revived you're again in command. Sounds all normal and fine. That the AI mess up your formations/positions is of course very frustrating but also not a "real bug" in my opinion.

36 minutes ago, celludriel said:

Any reason why you don't put the code on the github as well ?

What are you missing? Can't understand what code you're missing.